Warden Tower Research

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Maikull
Lost

Warden Tower Research

Unread post by Maikull »

((This event follows the In-Game "Pinkskin Hunt" held by Ulrezaj and Leyujin))

‘Why…’

Mai’kull had pulled several tomes down from the Guardians Chambers, all circling around him as he searched every book that referenced “Wardens” for some inkling of their importance. Asking around Dalaran ‘Why do we assault the Warden’s Towers?’, and people will tell you because Lady Sylvanas commands it. Normally this would be enough, but there was still the burning question in his mind…

‘Why?!’
There are Six Targets of Interest among the Broken Isles:
• Cordana’s Apex and Nightwater’s Pearch in Highmountain
• Darkfollow’s Spire and Starstalker’s Point in Val’sharah
• Blackhawk’s Bulwark and Whisperwind’s Citadel in Stormheim

Cordana’s Apex lays to the eastern side of Highmountain, along the border of Val’Sharah. The tower’s name is reminant of the fallen Warden Cordana Felsong, who sided with Gul’dan and aided the Legion in breaking into the Warden’s Vault. Prior to her betrayal, Cordana was a devout Warden and Body Guard to Archmage Khadgar.

Nightwater’s Pearch is on the western side of Highmountain, along the border of Stormheim. Apparently, the tower is named after a Watcher-Templar Saria Nightwatcher who was rumored to be proficient in magical abilities of Light and Shadow.

Darkfollow’s Spire is located along the coast, just south west of Thas’talah. There is note of a Warden by the name of Nalmeena Darkfollow during the 3rd War, but nothing else could be discovered.

Starstalker’s Point is located North West, hidden behind the Towers of Black Rook Hold. Also named after a Warden, Kiri Starstalker, who was mentioned during the 3rd War. No other notable information could be found in her reguards.

Blackhawk’s Bulwark is located along the southern peninsula of Stormheim, directly south of Dreadwakes Landing. This one named after a Warden simply known as “Blackhawk” who was last reported in Theramore, leaving on a mercenary mission.

Whisperwind’s Citadel is located along the Northern coast of Stormheim, northeast of the Forsaken Foothold. This Tower is possibly named after Drelanim Whisperwind, a partial companion to Cordana when venturing together in New-Draenor. She is potentially active, and was last spotting battling along side Demon Hunters in the Vault of the Wardens. Possble ties to the Kal’Dorei Wench Tyrande Whisperwind

Incidentally enough, I ventured to the Vault of the Wardens to see if I could gather more information directly from what is left of their archive, and found two more Warden Towers under the occupation of the Felsworn Illidari, and looks to act as a “Training Camp” of sorts, with meetings and Training Dummies in place. The tops of these towers lay abandoned, and I was able to fly in unnoticed. I could find no remaining markings or designation on these towers, so for now I shall claim them Felsworn North and Felsworn South. There peaks can be seen from the entrance of the Vault of the Wardens.
Mai’kull returned to his work station within the Hall of the Guardian to review his maps and notes. There were no mechanisms within the Towers that he could find, which would indicate some sort of entwining connection between them. After speaking with [The Artificer] briefly on the subject, he contemplated a possible hidden Ley-line connection, requiring arcane focus, but even with that, to what end?

He began to plant in the coordinates for each Warden Tower on the large-scale map of the Broken Shores. However isolated, remote, or tactically infantile each location seemed on the ground, seeing them from a farther perspective revealed a puzzling pattern. Each of the main regions had two towers each, equally distant from one another, on opposite sides of the region.

Magical rituals was all about precise positioning, and seeing the advancements of the Shal’dorei, he would not put it past anyone out in the broken isles to attempt a focusing construct of such magnitude, the land surly had the power for it, but again to what end? Given the positions along the outer coasts, maybe an attempt at a large scale shield like what the Nightborn used to protect their city?

At a loss, Mai’kull attempted to draw lines connecting each tower in hopes to unravel a pattern, but it only resulted in a complete mess. Realizing he had hit a dead end, he bundled up his notes and maps and headed for the Guild Hall.
Currently I can find no correlation or relevance to these towers at such time. There might be more that can be revealed deep within the Vault of the Wardens, but as it is still teeming with Felsworn and Demonic forces, a fist would be in order to attempt such an expedition.

If any other inquisitive minds would like to take a crack at this conundrum; be my guest. Copies of my current findings are available upon request.

Mai’Kull Fireweaver
Reaper of the Inquisition
`;Maleficar