Grim Tales: Fears of the Great Fathom

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Maikull
Lost

Grim Tales: Fears of the Great Fathom

Unread post by Maikull »

[Introduction=OOC]

Welcome to the First (Of a hopeful annual) Grim Tales! This Month, we will be unraveling the secrets of the Orc Warlock Drak’Thul found on the Broken Islands. Following the clues (Or lack of) left behind we will unlock the World Quest DANGER: Kosumoth the Hungering, in which we will receive one of two rare rewards!

This will not only be a visual recording of Guild Members of our time, but also serve as a guide for future members to follow in our footsteps and attain the rewards for themselves. If the story is still incomplete, and you would like to take part, PM the story-master (This month: Maikull) and express your interest.

Below are several topics listed as [OPEN]. Each Topic has a map, with a marker point and a small description to where the hungering orb is located. If you choose to hunt for a particular Orb, feel free to send Maikull a PM, or message in game. The title will then be changed from [OPEN] to [PENDING: YourNameHere]. Each orb can be located and found in any order, HOWEVER, for attunement for the quest, they must be "Activated" in the order listed. In order to interact with any of the Orbs, you must complete the first half of the quest and have the Weathered Relic in your inventory.

Feel free to discover/interact with the Orbs however you feel, the only thing is asked, is that your RP be descriptive enough for someone to be able to follow in your footsteps. Screenshots are highly recommended, as it adds a visual aspect to allow people to better recognize locations in-game. This is not only a role play story line, but also a walk through for the world quest. If you need help with any screen shots, or how to post them, send Maikull a PM. Feel free to also look up the quest on Youtube for more details if you are stuck.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
  1. [01]The Tale of Drak’Thul
    [02]Weathered Relics, Worn Hearts
    [03]The First Relic, The Hidden Trunk Kiannis
    [04]The Second Relic, The Phantoms Hollow Marrgot
    [05]The Third Relic, The Arcane Nightmare - Qabian
    [06]The Forth Relic, Fathoms Deep - Maikull
    [07]The Fifth Relic, The Crystalline Cave (OPEN)
    [08]The Sixth Relic, Sharks of Stormheim (OPEN)
    [09]The Seventh Relic, Highmountain Hideaway (OPEN)
    [10]The Eighth Relic, Azsuna Asylum (OPEN)
    [11]The Ninth Relic, Saved by the Shipwreck (OPEN)
    [12]The Final Relic, Kosumoth Awakens!
    [13]The Grim Fist Takes Flight
    [14]Gratitude of the Grieving Orc
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:41 am, edited 12 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

The Tale of Drak’Thul

Unread post by Maikull »

The Tale of Drak’Thul By: Maikull

Mai’Kull sat in the former chambers of the Archmage Vargoth, high in the spires over the City of Dalaran. Since the Archmage was freed from the possession of Kathra'Natir, he had gifted Mai’kull with his former dwelling, preferring to remain within the Halls of the Guardian and assist the Tirisgarde as atonement. It was quiet, secluded, a great focus of arcane energy, and had quite the extensive library, Mai’kulls only real concern with the acquisition was how he was going to refurnish it.

A few books laid on the table before him, handpicked for the specific topic he was reviewing. Since his mission on the Broken Isle, something was off about that Orc he had run across, Drak’Thul.
“Orcs of the 2nd War”
Drak'thul was once a warlock of the Stormreaver clan. When the Stormreavers and the Twilight's Hammer betrayed the Horde near the end of the Second War, they fled to the Broken Isles, and raised the Tomb of Sargeras from the seafloor. However, when the Stormreaver chieftain, Gul'dan, entered the Tomb in search of the demonic power within, he was maimed by the tomb's demon guardians. Between them and the vengeful Blackrock clan forces, the Stormreavers and Twilight's Hammer were both eradicated
Gul’dan, even the original one was a power hungry fool. He mused briefly if the spirit of the original Gul’dan was still within the halls of the Tomb of Sargeras, and if it was haunting the current Gul’dan plaguing our world. Quite the predicament to be haunted by yourself. ‘this is whats going to happen to yooooooouu!’ Mai’kull chuckled to himself before snapping his fingers “Stormreaver Clan, Orcs, 2nd War” he barked. A dwarf Wretched Servant scrambled from the corner and began searching the bookshelves.

He took a sip of Hot Apple Cider just as the wretched brought a book to his table. Pleased with the speed of his minion he tossed it an ancient mana shard, which the little creature consumed in delight. Mai’kull flipped through the pages until he reached the mark he was looking for.
“Almanac of Ancient Orc Clans”
The Stormreaver clan was a small orc clan that existed on Draenor in some form but became powerful and warlock-oriented after the Horde's arrival on Azeroth. The ruler of the Stormreavers was the warlock Gul'dan, who maintained an iron-fisted rule over the clan. The Stormreavers, led by Gul'dan to serve as his personal protection, were prepared to attack Doomhammer. Gul'dan, along with the support of his clan, amassed a great navy, intending to find the lost Tomb of Sargeras; legend had it that this Tomb contained power beyond imagining.

The clan was assigned to defend the Horde's positions at Stormwind City and Balor, and were also responsible for capturing and pacifying giant turtles through potent spells, but betrayed Doomhammer and hastened to the Broken Isles to raise the Tomb of Sargeras from the ocean floor. Stormreaver's warriors were slaughtered by Doomhammer and the Blackrock clan when he exacted his revenge and their spell casters were torn apart by the Guardians of the Tomb.
He knew Gul’dan, at least the original Gul’dan, had risen the Broken Shore, and now he knew Drak’Thul was one of those orcs. But If they were all wiped out, what happened with Drak’Thul? Had he been on the island the whole time? “Do we have any books regarding to Orcs on the Broken Isles or in Sagares’ Tomb?” he asked haphazardly. He didn’t really expect a response, but not missing a beat his Wretched Servant sprang into action, ascending ladders and spinning around bookcases scanning the tomes.

Just before Mai’kull had finished his drink, an old book was slid on the table before him. He looked at his minion in confusion before glancing at the title. “There is a large shard in it for you if you actually managed to find it…” . It was amazing what some people were capable of when you dangled their addiction overhead, Frank was no exception.
“Tales of the Watcher: Hunt for the Betrayer”
They stopped unexpectedly soon when they came across some islands which were not on their maps, but Maiev knew where they were, as she had once spent a great deal of time there. The Broken Isles were the remains of Suramar. As she established a base camp, Maiev found landmarks she recognized from the ancient, ruined city, such as the library of Izal-Shurah, and the Boughs of Azshara, and realized that the city must have been raised from the seafloor for some sinister purpose. Maiev commented that few powers were capable of such a thing.

Maiev found the answer when she came across a pacified Orc who had been living on the island for some time. After defeating an evil that plagued the orc for many years, she managed to convince the former warlock to speak his tale. He recounted how he had been a disciple of Gul'dan, the warlock who raised the islands twenty years before to search for the powers of the Dark Titan.
So Maiev Shadowsong had met Drak’Thul! This was excellent news, as she had recently been released from Black Rook Hold, and he could easily go out and speak with her. He took another sip of his beverage, but suddenly stopped. He could feel the pull of the Arcane Winds around him, and before he could turn his head the magic popped and crackled.

“Where in Bonzo's Brass Buttons am I now!? And who are—MAI’KULL YA OLD BAG OF BONES! MILLHOUSE MANASTORM HAS DONE IT AGAIN!” the tiny purple robed gnome jumped triumphantly in the air.

Quite possibly the most annoying gnome in all of existence appeared in the center of Vargoth’s Retreat. Mai’Kull groaned to himself. As where Millhouse Manastorm was a Gnome, and most commonly aligned with the Alliance, Millhouse was not welcomed by them due to his highly questionable morals. Mai’Kull had begrudgingly agreed to work with the tiny magister in work for the Tirisgarde, and had not managed to get rid of it since. However, it did prove somewhat useful in combat, and merciless when it came to fighting against alliance, so he had not immediately killed the nuisance out right. (But had left him for dead on SEVERAL occasions)

“What are you doing here Millhouse?” he exhaled. “Oh im glad you asked! See, I was pilfering---I mean, checking Vargoth’s knapsack, ya know, to make sure he wasn’t still possessed, when I came acro…” “Across the {The Schools of Arcane Magic – Mastery Edition}?” the forsaken interrupted, wanting nothing more than to silence the runt. He forgot, those who had undergone the Higher Learning course in Dalaran were granted access to the Archmage Spire.

The miniature mage had already crossed the room and was glancing at the books on Mai’kulls table. “That’s Right, OH, are you going to talk to Maive!? Can I come, Please PLEASE?! Im sure she has some NEAT artifacts locked away in that Wardens Keep of hers!” Persistent little bug…He knew if he was going to speak with Maive, he would have to come into contact with more of the possessed highborn spirits that still patrolled the Hold, and Millhouse did have a knack for drawing attention away from him when he needed it most. Maybe if he was lucky the rat-caster would finally be dragged back off and contained within some legion detention camp. “Fine…but stay quiet…I have important business to discuss with her, and I don’t need you running her off!” Mai’kull snapped.

“YES! The Magnificent Duo is back at it again! Don’t worry Archmage, Im like a NINJA, She’ll never see me coming!” Millhouse squeaked in delight. Mai’Kull began packing his books away as he lowly cursed under his breath “Seeing you isn’t the problem, I just don’t want to HEAR you…”

The pair used a portal to make their way to Krasus’ Landing where they booked a flight to Bradensbrook in Val’sharah, as it was the closest flight path accessible to them, Millhouse rode on the tale of Mai’Kull’s Icebound Frostbrood. The Forsaken had tried to convince the Gnome to ride in the Mount’s mouth and that it was PERFECTLY safe, however even Millhouse had limits to his stupidity.

After a brief flight, they headed north along the coast before a small path was made clear for them to cross. The south-western section of Black Rook Hold held the Hero’s Rest, a graveyard for the departed soldiers against the Legion. It was there, at the opening of the Hold’s Dungeon that Maive Shadowsong made her stand.

“Madam Shadowsong” Mai’kull announced, bowing respectfully before the Warden. She may have been of filthy Kal’Dorei blood, but at least her title was somewhat respectable. “Forsaken…” she responded coldly. Despite the efforts of many horde adventurers, himself included who aided in her release, it was clear the Warden still showed great favoritism towards the Alliance. Millhouse quickly rushed to the side of Mai’kull and gave the warden a comically over-extended bow, “HAIL OH GREAT WARDEN MAIVE, SLAYER OF DEMONS AND SAVIOR OF ALL AZEROTH!” Millhouse bellowed.

If Mai’kull could have died of embarrassment for being seen with this idiot, he would have suffered undeath a second time. However, the Guardian let out a small chuckle at the Gnomes display…maybe he would be able to use this to his advantage. “Were sorry to bother you, but we wanted to ask you a question about someone from your past, an Orc you encountered the first time you arrived at the Broken shores. Drak’Thul of the Stormrider Clan.” Mai’kull extended his knee out popping Millhouse on the head in a sort of ‘play along’ mannerism. Vaguely catching the drift, Millhouse pipped in “Yea, Bad Orc, Very Bad!”

Mai’kull glared at the Gnome for a moment before continuing, “Yes…see, we ran across him on the Broken Shore not too long ago, and was curious as to his story, he did not say much, but he did mention you.” He was lying of course, but she didn’t need to know that. The Guardian glanced over to her brother for a moment before giving a deep sigh.

“It has been many years since I have last seen that wretched creature. Yes, I did encounter him, and when I first saw him he looked as if he had been running from nightmares for years. Turns out he had, his whole clan was destroyed when they dared mess with magics they did not comprehend. A dark relic known as Soulfeast the Devourer had trapped the souls of his kin, and reanimated them, sending them on a blood frenzy. In haste I cleansed the area of the foul magics, freeing him of the curse. However if I could take it back, I would have cast his hapless form into the piles of his own people, and let divine justice be served for what he and his people did.”

Mai’kull listened intently, peeking intrest at the mention of the relic. “This relic, was it small, vaguely shaped like a skull carved out of stone?” He could see the Warden glaring down at him heavily as she withdrew her circular glaive. Dropping it to the ground menacingly the warden took a step forward dragging the blade into the dirt, growling at the pair “Why do you ask such questions…are you too seeking powers that should well enough be left alone?!”

Mai’kull placed his hand on the hilt of Felo'melorn and stood his ground. The watcher took notice of the action and clenched her free fist as she slowly continued to advance, brushing her cloak back to free her movements. “Don’t think the blade of Dath'Remar will save you here, Corpse…”

“WOAH WOAH WOAH, BIG MISUNDERSTANDING LADY!” Millhouse exclaimed, jumping in-between the path of the two who towered over him. Maiev stopped and examined the gnome for a second, Mai’kull considered using the opportunity to strike, but held-back to see what the pip-squeak was up too. “You see, were Mages of the Tirisgarde, and were on a quest looking for dangerous artifacts to keep out of the Legions hands! Totally safe with us, Me especially! But clearly this is a sore subject, so me and my friend here, we will just be leaving, Right Buddy?!”

Millhouse was so full of shit, he was the LAST person you would want to give a dangerous artifact too, but the gnome got them out of the situation without having to ignite a war between the Horde and the Watchers, so he played along. “Yes…we shall be leaving…Friend.” He had to choke that last bit out. “We appreciate your assistance, Warden.” Mai’Kull once again bowed respectfully before Maiev, but this time he was not taking his eyes off her.

Maiev sheathed her weapon and allowed her cloak to fall over her once more as she watched the two depart. “Geesh! You could have at least filled me in on what we were walking into! So this relic, Do you know where it is? Does it really summon the dead? Do you think it still works?!”

Mai’kull was ignoring the Gnome at this point. The Weathered Relic he had found and shown to Drak’Thul…it was once the Soulfeast Devourer…interesting. Sadly, he had left the damn thing with Drak’thul back on the Broken Shores. Guess it was time he paid the old crone another visit…

[TO BE CONTINUED]
Last edited by Maikull on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Weathered Relics, Worn Hearts

Unread post by Maikull »

Weathered Relics, Worn Hearts By: Maikull & Marrgot

It was a small glide down from Dalaran to the Broken Shore, Mai’Kull leading the Shaman Marrgot in tow. Last time he was down there, he had briefly dealt with a moody, uncooperative, stubborn old Orc Warlock who was apparently plagued by spirits. He didn’t give it much thought at the time, due to his previous mission, but now he needed information from the old coot, and he was hoping one of his own kind might be able to pry information out of him. If nothing else, Marrgot’s skill as a shaman could help shed some light on what was plaguing the Warlock.

As they touched down at the small alcove, they could see Drak’Thul was sleeping in his makeshift cot. Mai’Kull quickly surveyed the camp, no sign of the [Weathered Relic]. ‘Damn…’ he thought to himself. He REALLY hoped the orc had not discarded the artifact into the sea, he would hate to have to trudge water for hours. He motioned towards Drak’Thul, “Go on, be my guest, he did nothing but dismiss me and Jorlkal last time I was here; maybe you will have better luck.”

Drak’thul of the Stormreaver clan. It’s not often you get to speak to a living, breathing, piece of history. The historian in Marrgot thought to himself. It’s not often you get to punish a filthy traitorous warlock either, the shaman in him replied. Drak’thul might be able to provide insight on the current demonic invasion and the past days of the Horde, but Marrgot was still going to take his words on a grain of salt.

Never, ever fully trust a Warlock, especially one with that bad a track record. Usually, the historian and the shaman would argue endlessly about such a matter, but there was a new part of Marrgot’s thoughts capable of compromising. Why don’t I get information out of him then extract revenge? The new part of Marrgot, the part of him that was Grim, easily found a middle ground.

Marrgot “accidentally” stepped on the sleeping orc’s hand, followed by a slightly forced apology. The cloth clad orc turned in his cot, opening his eyes looking at the two before him, he gruffed at the site of Marrgot as he rubbed his hand, and once he saw Mai’Kull standing behind him he growled, “Go away!”

Marrgot maintained his composure as he stated “You want us to leave you for dead on a demon infested island. Very well.” Drak’Thul chucked at this, “Heh, you think me a foolish old orc? Frail and ready to be pit to the wolves?” Mai’Kull lowly scoffs to himself, trying to cover it as a cough, causing the old Orc to Glare at him with hatred before continuing “I was communing with demons when you were swaddling blankets boy!”

“Then I’m afraid we really can’t leave you. The knowledge you must posses will be invaluable in our fight against the legion.” Marrgot affirms. Drak’Thul shakes his head, in a most disappointedly way before rolling back over, turning his back to the two, “They are not your enemy, fool. Now go away!”

“What did you do with Soulfeast the Devourer?” Mai’Kull snapped at Drak’Thul. The Orc went cold, barely moved or breathed for a moment at the name of the accursed relic. “I put it back where it belonged…leave it be…you know not what you play with Scourge” Mai’kull nodded and motioned for Marrgot, “I think I know where he put it…come.”

It was a short ride east along the coast in the Mage’s [Mechano-Hog]. As they crossed a small stream, he took the path leading into the island, and before them, the broken rear half of a Horde Gunship. He slowly drove up along the lower ramparts before dismounting.

Crossing the small gorge, he motioned Marrgot to follow him to the right, away from the Fel-Constructed building, which took them along a path under the rock face. And after a brief walk they came upon a cave, adorned with bones and a fel-lit brazier. “20 Gold says the old bastard buried it here again…” Mai’Kull muttered, pressing on. Mai'Kull had discovered the cave on his mission here with Jorlkal, and found the relic within, turns out the Orc was horrible at hiding things. The cave was dark and damp, with little to no light. The entrance seemed seared and scarred, as if it were blasted open, probably from the Mage’s Magic.

In the back of the cave, sure enough, just where it was the last time, there was a small mound of upturned dirt. Marrgot bent down and examined it before sticking his hand within the soil to withdraw a small [skeletal relic]. As a good historian should, Marrgot carefully observed the relic, roughly sketching it and jotting down notes before placing it in a padded container. Mai’kull took the container from the Shaman and summoned a small Portable Hole in which to contain it for now. “Time to get some answers…” Mai’kull said.

They returned to Drak’Thul’s camp with haste, this time the old Orc was up and appeared to be waiting for them. Mai’kull stayed to the back as Marrgot approached the other Orc, Relic in hand.

Marrgot withdrew the sketch of the Relic from his notes, “Perhaps you know something about this?” “Why did you go find that?” The old orc whispered sorrowfully. Seeing the sketch drawn by the shaman was like seeing the real thing to the Warlock. Realizing they found it again, a deep sadness fills the old orcs eyes, haunting memories reliving his old days. As the emotions swelled within him he quickly withdrew and turned his back to the Shaman. “The ghosts have long since stopped their whispers. There was silence, for a while. But they began again. Different, deeper, darker…”

Curious, Marrgot asks, “Whispers? Ghosts? There are historical records of madmen following the orders of strange voices. What do these “Whispers” ask of you?” “I'm not Mad! And they do not come when I beckon, fool!” the old or snapped, his annoyance was still not enough to hide the pain swelling within him. Just then something within the old orc snapped. His eyes became sunken and unfocused for a moment. His head cocked slightly towards his work table as if listening to something the two could not hear.

Marrgot mumbled to himself as he observed the warlock enter a form of trance “Well, then it seems they have perfect timing.” Mai’Kull watched the scene unfold intently, turning his head to the table as well. The large purple orb on the table seemed to have a slight spark of light within it before fading back to nothing, as if trying to conceal itself from the mage’s view.

While Marrgot worked with Drak’Thul as he spaced out, Mai’Kull examined the table some more. The [strange orb] sat in the middle of the table, and several pebbles lay around it. Very small, almost unnoticeable markings were etched into the stone slab. Orcish Numerals were carved next to each pebble in random order, scaling from one to ten, with the final one being marked next to the orb before him. Even the pebble that appeared to have fallen off the table had a numerical marking next to it.

“What the hell..” Mai’kull thought to himself. He had noticed that Drak’thul returned to his usual ‘Go away’ self, and motioned for Marrgot to come take a look. “Look at this here…” he said, motioning to the pebbles, markings, and the [strange orb] on the table. “What do you make of it?”

Marrgot studied the table, and the strange pebbles and orb. "The pebbles could be some sort of cipher..." he muttered to himself. No, that doesn’t make sense, there would have to be a code… Marrgot chuckled a bit. "Reminds me of when I was younger," he began, "my grandfather would have me sit in front of a map and set up all sorts of strategic scenarios for me to solve, and when he didn't have any figures available, he would just use rocks... wait." Marrgot immediately ceased his rambling, the cogs of his mind working furiously. "The pebbles could be marking locations." he exclaimed. "For what, I don't know, but it's the best theory I've got. Which means..."

Mai’kull was following the Shaman’s train of thought. He withdrew a large folded map of the Broken Isles, and laid it out flat. He then took out a small vile of Skaggldrynk potion and sprinkled it onto the paper and his own hand. In reaction to the potion, the paper became translucent, and almost ghost like, falling onto the table and phasing through the orb and rocks about. Using his one afflicted hand to move the map, Mai’kull attempted to line the map up just right, using the [strange orb] as a fixed point, reminiscent of Suramar when the shield was still up.

As the potions effects wore off, the map solidified once more, leaving the two standing before a full map, with 9 markers on it. "I think I know where we're headed next." Marrgot said, as they both examined the map. Mai’kull glanced over a Drak’thul, was now pretending the two Grim didn’t even exist. “Too much ground to cover for just the two of us…Ill draft up a Job posting on the Guild hall, see if other Grim might be able to assist us, and find out what this old coot is really up too…”

Mai’kull took the [Weathered Relic] out of its container and held it towards the orb. Just as he predicted, it began to flicker in reaction to the artifact, but it was dim. “I’m betting there are more of these orbs out there…ARNT THERE?” he shouted at Drak’Thul. The Old Warlock only huffed, refusing to acknowledge his query. “We should go, much to do…And don worry old timer…We WILL be back…” the forsaken taunted at the Warlock. They met each other’s glares once more before Marrgot and Mai’kill slipped into a Portal back to Dalaran, finally leaving the Orc isolated...

-=[A Few Days Later]=-

Mai'Kull approaches the Guild Hall board. In his hands holds a hammer, a fist full of nails, and a small knapsack around his shoulder filled with scrolls. After clearing some room from old posts and outside clutter, he begins to hammer in 9 sets of nails along the board. He lined the sets horizontally in 2 columns; 4 sets in each column with the final set in the middle, centered under both. He then lightly taps each set of nails until they curve upward, into a makeshift hook.

The undead reaches into his knapsack and begins to pull out 9, nearly identical scrolls, each bound in red silk with a wax seal, imprinting the emblem of the Grim. He carefully placed each scroll within the sets of nails, until all 9 were positioned neatly. Finally, he pulls a small banner out of his bag, which he adheres above the displayed scrolls that reads:
WANTED:
Scouting Missions abroad the Broken Isles! Drak’Thul, Stormreaver Lieutenant to the Former Gul’Dan, has returned to the Broken Shore. Documents indicate several large soul stone like orbs are scattered among the Broken Isles, hidden away by the Orc Warlock for some unknown purpose. Any and All are asked to help seek out these artifacts for further study, to determine if they pose a threat to the Horde Occupation, or could be used as a Weapon against the Legion!

Please Document full reports of Scouting missions and leave them on the Desk of The Maleficar, Mai’Kull Fireweaver, all reports will be collated and submitted to The Insane, Anaie one for review and further action!

[TO BE CONTINUED]
Last edited by Maikull on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Re: Grim Tales: Fears of the Great Fathom

Unread post by Maikull »

The First Relic, The Hidden Trunk By Kiannis [PENDING]
Maikull wrote: *Posted on the Guild Board are several scrolls labeled “WANTED”. Each scroll is rolled and tied in red silk strips; sealed in wax bearing the Seal of The Grim. As you take the scroll down and unravel it, a map is revealed, along with another small separate piece of paper with instructions. *
Last edited by Maikull on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Second Relic, The Phantoms Hollow By Marrgot [PENDING]
Maikull wrote: *Posted on the Guild Board are several scrolls labeled “WANTED”. Each scroll is rolled and tied in red silk strips; sealed in wax bearing the Seal of The Grim. As you take the scroll down and unravel it, a map is revealed, along with another small separate piece of paper with instructions. *
((WARNING: This orb is protected by an Elite 110 Undead Boss; Proceed with caution))
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Third Relic, The Arcane Nightmare by Qabian
((WARNING: This orb is protected by an Elite 110 Undead Boss; Proceed with caution))
Qabian mused over the various postings in the Grim halls, lifting a page here, tracing a written line there. "Something more than a name... More than a name," he murmured to himself.

He wanted to prove his intentions for the Grim as solidly as possible. The task was, of course, ultimately unnecessary. He was Grim. He had proved that well enough years ago to some of those who still wore their tabards. His desire for proof was selfish. The Bronze had raked their claws through his mind, and when he slept, reality slipped into fragments.

He came across the remaining scrolls Mai'Kull had prepared and read through them carefully. He selected one with a nod. A few moments and a few teleportations later, Qabian looked out over the grounds of the Temple of Elune.

He briefly shielded his eyes from the rain, then mounted up, clicked his tongue, and spurred his hawkstrider into the air over the temple, floating gently to the ground. It was a long run through the twisted forests of Val'sharah to the point marked on Mai'kull's map. As the landmarks indicated he was getting close, Qabian was distracted from his ride by the sounds of combat and screeching. He looked up just in time to see an orc and its demon pets laying low a large harpy.

The blood elf turned his attention to the torches lighting a path up the hillside that seemed to be directly under the marker on his map. He jogged the hawkstrider up and down the hill, finding nothing but a few large, angry cats and a druid seemingly operating an inn while in bear form.

Qabian went back to the bottom of the hill, just past the harpy's moldering corpse, and reviewed the scroll's information. "Wisps?" he muttered to himself. "There are wisps all over this sun forsaken-- Hmm..."

A tiny blue wisp spun leisurely around a single tree in his field of view. Qabian urged the hawkstrider closer.

Once close enough to reach out and touch the trunk, Qabian looked up, eyes narrowed. Suddenly, his mount slipped into the foliage at the very base of the tree.

The mage found himself in an underground passage. The welcoming pile of bones acting as a door mat didn't exactly bode well.

Qabian frowned. He dismounted, led the hawkstrider to the entrance, then explored further into the cave alone.

A table with some scrolls appeared to be the only contents of the cave. Qabian traced his fingers down the open scroll on the table, wondering if this was what the Maleficar was seeking. But if these scrolls had once held any magic themselves beyond the images of the runes within, they now seemed dead, nothing more than paper and ink.

Still, the cave hummed with power. Anyone with even the most feeble sense of the arcane would be able to feel it. When Qabian looked around, he realized the cave wall to the left of the table had crumbled away. He climbed over the rubble and found the cave's true guardian.

Qabian smirked. A dark orb on a pedestal behind the arcane elemental drew the focus of the power within the cave. He knew what he was aiming for. With a gesture, an icy, translucent shield surrounded the mage and he blinked forward. The elemental wasted no time. A single arcane missile shattered Qabian's shield.

"Anar'alah," Qabian hissed the phrase, cursing under his breath. He countered the elemental with one hand, while creating copies of himself that shimmered around him with the other. The images distracted the guardian, taking its fire, but they didn't last long, each one fizzling out with the damage of a single spell.

Qabian grabbed the orb and slipped into the space between reality and the arcane, hoping against hope that the guardian wouldn't sense him there as he dashed back down the passage with his prize, past the remains of whatever unfortunate soul hadn't been quite as resourceful.

The adventure had been a little more nerve wracking than he'd expected, but otherwise a success. A few hours later, Qabian left the orb in the Grim hall next to the rolled up scroll he had taken off the wall earlier, a small note tucked inside.

Last edited by Maikull on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Forth Relic, Fathoms Deep By MaiKull
((WARNING: You will incur Fatigue to reach this Orb. Cave has random spawning environmental hazards which does INSANE damage. Watch the ground when heading for the Orb))
Mai’kull stood on the shores of Drak’Thuls cove, his own scroll in his hands as he reviewed the map. The old warlock busied himself at the table, doing his best to ignore the presence of the Forsaken mage. The map placed the location of the orb somewhere in the great sea. Lucky for him, in undeath one did not have the necessity of breath, so he would be able to remain under the water for hours if he needed.

Maikull rolled up the scrolls and secured them in a small magical portable hole to ensure the elements would not damage them. He took a deep breath out of habit before he began to trudge into the waves, sinking lower and lower until he was fully submerged. Felo’melorn crackled against the water, protesting the opposing element pressed against its surface. To his amazement, his Phoenix Flame orbs continued to effortlessly circle around him, the intense heat refusing to be snuffed out.

The undertow current pulled at the mage’s legs, beckoning him deeper, to which he allowed. The ocean floor seemed almost peaceful in contrast to the chaotic skyline above him; The untouched sand and rolling hills, the silence. Mai’kull had to snap himself out of the near trance he was falling into, reminding himself he had work to do. He scanned the underwater horizon, seeing the break in the sea floor before him, more jagged rocks protruding up. Perhaps that is where his prize resided. He slipped the Weathered Relic out from one of his pockets and held it out towards the rock formation. He could feel the shadows within the relic stir, and knew that he was on the right path.

His destination looked closer to him; It was quite the swim to reach the break in the sea floor. Mai’kull rested atop one of the peaks and looked down to see just how deep the water reached, the water growing darker the further down it went. He began to try and descend into the crater but could quickly feel the pressure of the water weighing down on him. It was not even a full minute that he realized he could not continue with the amount of growing fatigue he was feeling. Using his Arcane Momentum he was able to Shimmer back to the rock he initially posted on, allowing the fatigue to pass before plotting another plan of attack.

It took him a moment, but he felt the time was right to use the skills he learned from the Darkmoon Faire. Grabbing hold of one of his flaming orbs, he began to infuse the flame with shadow magic until it swelled and a dark slit appeared in the center. He could feel the shadows pull over his eyes as his own vision became bound to the flaming eye, and the launched it down into the abyss. He remained on the rock channeling the dark incantation as the eye descended into the darkness.

Surveying the rock face, Mai’kull found a small cavernous opening, eagerly he attempted to manipulate the flaming eye into the cave opening, but alas his focus was spent and the magic dissipated, leaving him once again looking down into the deep abyss. He attempted in vain to summon another flaming eye, but his grasp of the incantation was still novice at best, it would be a good while before he would be able to re-summon it. Cursing in his mind, he could think of no other option but plan B.

The Cave was not THAT far below his current positon. He felt if he were fast enough, he could reach the cave before the Fatigue overwhelmed him and drug him to a watery grave. Several potions came to mind that would increase his speed, but none of them were accessible to him at the moment. He would have to rely on his own swimming ability and his shimmering spell to reach the cave entrance quickly.

Once again repeating his old habit (albeit underwater), he dove downward and began to paddle and kick as fast as he could. With one pull of magic, he lunged forward several feet in a blink of an eye, and another simmer sent him further down still. This got him half way, but he was mentally spent, and unable to magically pull himself forward now. Flapping underwater like a deranged murlock, Mai’kull could feel the weight of the water press against his body, making the water feel as if he were swimming in a thick potion or slime.

Finally relief came as he reached the caves entrance, the pressure subsiding from around him allowing him to in a sense-catch his breath. He took a few moments for the fatigue to subside before rising to the top.

Breaching the water’s surface again he looked around at the oddly dim lit cavern. It seemed calm enough, possibly the moss along the cave walls or some odd form of magic brought light about, but he could feel nothing foul amidst. He could even make out a small wooden cot in the back of the cavern.

Stepping onto the sandlot of the cavern, he quickly realized his error in judgement, as the ground beneath his feet began to softly shake, and jets of hot pressurized air began to burst forth. The shock sent the undead flailing backwards back into the water, at which the ground settled once more. “Ok…” he thought to himself, as he once again tested the caves defenses. As soon as his feet touched the sand, the geysers launched out in random intervals.

Mai’kull huffed at the inconvenience. He could feel the heat from the vents of air, and knew no mortal form could withstand such heat, let alone his. Thankfully he had recovered his mental fortitude and was ready to use his magic to solve this problem. He was able to cross the cavern and reach the small wooden shack with nothing but a hop and a shimmer.

Nestled within the seaweed sheltered under the cot was a dark orb, one similar to the one found in Drak’Thuls table. He could feel the shadows stir in the relic within his pocket the closer he reached the orb. He quickly scooped the Hungering Orb into his hands, and with his free arm tore open the veil to the arcane leylines, the sight of Dalaran on the other side, and slipped through, just before another vent of hot air erupted where he kneeled.
Maikull wrote:“Another one located. Now to finish gathering the others…”
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Fifth Relic, The Crystalline Cave [OPEN]
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Sixth Relic, Sharks of Stormheim [OPEN]
((WARNING: This Orb is protected by random spawning environmental hazards which does INSANE damage. Watch your step when heading for the Orb))
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Seventh Relic, Highmountain Hideaway [OPEN]
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Eighth Relic, Azsuna Asylum [OPEN]
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Ninth Relic, Saved by the Shipwreck [OPEN]
((WARNING: This orb is difficult to reach underwater. Underwater Breathing Potions/Items are a MUST to prevent drowning, unless your undead))
Last edited by Maikull on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Final Relic, Kosumoth Awakens!
[Coming Soon]
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

The Grim Fist Takes Flight
[Coming Soon]