Testing the defenses

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Aderlee
Lost

Testing the defenses

Unread post by Aderlee »

Aderlee arrived at the graveyard leading up to the entrance of the Grim Guild hall, riding at the front of a large covered wagon led by two skeletal horses. As the wagon bumped and creaked along the cobbled path, the wagon emitted a variety of groans and even cries for help, contained within cages were half a dozen gnomes and a few wild creatures.

The witchdoctor tugged on the reins to halt the wagon, then hopping off and inspecting his cargo. He pulls a large, iron key out of his pouch and unlocks the first cage, grabbing the first gnome by his collar. Aderlee dragged the struggling gnome out of the wagon, speaking in perfect common,

"Run as fast as you can to the end of the graveyard. If you make it across... You live." With that, Aderlee picks up and throws the gnome, sending it sprawling into a headstone. As the gnome sprinted across the graveyard, graves split up as ghouls crawled out and scampered to the gnome. As the ghouls caught and tore apart the gnome, Aderlee released two more gnomes in similar manner, having them run in different directions across the yard.

The second time, most of the ghouls were already preoccupied with the first gnome. A few more ghouls were expelled from their graves to handle the second gnome, but the third made it nearly halfway without being accosted. Swooping low down from the fog, a shade descended upon the third gnome with a handful of curses, slowing the gnome to stumble until the ghouls could focus their attention on him.

As the 3 gnomes were being taken care off, Aderlee released a fourth gnome, this time giving it his guild stone,

"If you don't return to me this stone, you will suffer a fate a thousand times worse that the previous three."

Miraculously, the gnome made it all the way to the end of the graveyard, and all the way back, unharmed, unaccosted. Grabbing the returning gnome by his face, Aderlee threw him back in the cage and parked his wagon in Brill.

*Several days later, a letter sits on Awatu's desk, sealed in red wax with a zandari 'A' stamped into the wax. The letter is written in Orcish with very neat, short strokes.*
Commander,

In light of a recent supplicant losing their guild stone and possibly exposing the guild hall's vulnerabilities, High Inquisitor Bloodstar has tasked me with inspecting the wards that guard our home. It is with regret and urgency that I report to you my findings that the guild hall is indeed vulnerable.

I've found that while the wards provide a strong physical response, but an unknown entity carrying a Grim guild stone can safely bypass our wards. A small, precise team may be able to slip into the guild hall unnoticed. The wards seem to be entirely forsaken in nature which makes sense regarding its location and founding members.

I propose that after a more thorough review of our defenses that wards be added to include magic from every race of the horde. The addition of these wards will diversify the protection of our home and ensure that an enemy can no longer slip by our defenses. The Grim can not afford to have a single point of failure in such a vital system. With your blessing, I would like to utilize the Grim's deep and diverse skill set to make this request a reality. Thank you for your consideration.

Aderlee
Lilliana

Re: Testing the defenses

Unread post by Lilliana »

((Aderlee, so evil yet so good for the Grim.........))