Ishiner's Discourse with Ul-Rezaj for his Trial of Resolve

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Ulrezaj

Ishiner's Discourse with Ul-Rezaj for his Trial of Resolve

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

Ishiner greets you warmly.
Ulrezaj nods at Ishiner.
[Ishiner]: Thank you for meeting with me.
[Ulrezaj]: So you come to hear de words o' de wise, eh?
Ishiner nods at you.
[Ishiner]: What brought you to The Grim?
Ulrezaj smirks slightly.
[Ulrezaj]: A bunch o' things, but, first, ah found myself stranded by de Zandalari on a beach at Northern Pandaria.
[Ishiner]: Oh?
[Ulrezaj]: Yeah, ah had to flee de Zandalari's cause when de Alliance and Horde showed up. Horde had otha trolls wit' dem, so ah joined along and mingled.
[Ulrezaj]: Laying low, ah found my ambitions driven by a continual search fo' food, to survive in de deserty-city o' Orgrimmar.
[Ulrezaj]: But, one day, ah found a group who set out on a military expedition, led by Leyu'jin, who swore to protect de Horde from Alliance cowardice. He not only sought glory, but empowered himself on gain from his foes. Ah saw in him and Lilliana, his accompalice
Ulrezaj ponders his next words.
[Ulrezaj]: De potential to achieve great ends, raising a great howl o' barbarity and power dat caused others to buckle beneath dem.
[Ulrezaj]: So, brother Ishiner, de Grim sharpened my wits and honed my skills by raising me up from de poverty caste and sparing me from any vengeance de Zandalari might have.
[Ulrezaj]: Do you see de wisdom in der pursuits?
[Ishiner]: Yes.
[Ulrezaj]: And what would dat be, exactly?
[Ishiner]: Fighting gave you a purpose.
Ulrezaj peers his eyes, cautiously examining Ishiner.
[Ishiner]: Before, you were simply aiming to survive. Now you do more than that.
[Ishiner]: Simply put.
[Ulrezaj]: It did much more den give purpose. Explain what it has done fo' me dat yo ucall "more den dat."
Ishiner thinks to himself.
[Ishiner]: Ahhh, I am not always good with words.
[Ulrezaj]: Try your hardest.
[Ishiner]: From what I know of you on the battlefiend...
[Ishiner]: ...you are working towards victory, a goal.
[Ishiner]: That is not the action of someone simply trying to survive.
[Ulrezaj]: Yes, o' course, as we all must. But, from what ah told you, what has victory brought to de Grim and to me?
[Ishiner]: What have you brought to The Grim and the Grim to you?
[Ulrezaj]: Yeah.
[Ishiner]: I have seen you lead. Your knowledge of warfare benefits The Grim greatly against the Alliance.
[Ishiner]: Even though I don't do much in the way of magic, I have learned quite a bit watching you fight.
[Ishiner]: And I doubt I am the only one.
[Ulrezaj]: Dis be true, discipline has a massive impact.
[Ulrezaj]: On de day o' my initiation, Leyu'jin gawked at me and said o' me to de Inquisitor, "He ain't got de discipline."
[Ishiner]: Was that true at the time?
[Ulrezaj]: It was not. Ah had de discipline.
[Ulrezaj]: From dose days, ah sharpened my wit and will, raising myself up in intellect so dat ah could fully master de powers o' shadow which were privvy to my people's traditions.
[Ishiner]: It sounds like, in return The Grim...
[Ishiner]: ...provided a place for you to sharpen yourself.
[Ulrezaj]: Yeah, and one more thing, which you should recognize as crucial.
[Ulrezaj]: And, from honing my own potential, ah became a sharpened tool fo' de Mandate. One dat cut down our hated foes on Timeless Isle and enriched our beloved Horde.
[Ishiner]: I feel like I am working to live the mandate, but I am not sure how to do more.
[Ulrezaj]: You must learn to make yourself de weapon o' de Horde itself. You must seek our non-Grim compatriots, and guide dem through de hardships dey face.
[Ulrezaj]: You must slaughter de Alliance you find tooth-and-nail, but, if dey prove too strong, retreat. It be better to lick your wounds and fight another day den to die needlessly.
Ishiner nods at you.
[Ishiner]: Compatriots? As in recruitment?
[Ulrezaj]: Compatriots as in recruits, or as dose who have de potential to one day be among our ranks.
[Ulrezaj]: Even de nasty enemies o' de Mandate shall be aided by your willing servitude, dat dey may know o' our mercy and our severity against our common enemies.
[Ishiner]: Complacency is a tricky foe.
[Ulrezaj]: And?
[Ishiner]: It sneaks up on you, because it is easy.
[Ulrezaj]: Do you worry de Mandate's servants have grown complacent, den?
[Ishiner]: An opponent on the battlefield will stand in front of you with a sword or axe, but complacency sneaks into the back of your mind.
[Ishiner]: Not that I have seen, but I always worry.
[Ishiner]: Many times I feel like I should be doing more, but don't always know what that should be.
[Ulrezaj]: Doubt can be a terrible misgiving if we don't check ourselves regularly. Hardly ever should you pass up an opportunity.
Ishiner nods at you.
[Ulrezaj]: Especially if you see one before you, but, if you yourself grow ambitious, you can alleviate dat entirely by creating opportunities fo' others.
[Ulrezaj]: Definitely, if you have some goal fo' personal gain o' enrichment in mind, let others who you know follow our Mandate know 'bout it.
[Ulrezaj]: Only den will you have kept complacency far from you, by pursuing greater ends.
[Ulrezaj]: But, from what ah gather, you fear you have not... what? Fought enough? Learned enough?
[Ishiner]: I rarely think that any of it is ever enough.
[Ulrezaj]: So where be your sense o' complacency, den?
[Ishiner]: Because, to me, complacency is the space between what I am doing and what I feel I should be doing.
[Ulrezaj]: What do you feel you should be doing?
[Ishiner]: In general, it is hard to define.
[Ishiner]: Specifically, when I fight I think, 'That blow should have been more on target.'
[Ishiner]: or, 'I should have been able to cut through that armor.'
[Ulrezaj]: Dis ain't a sense o' complacency you got; it's a lack o' craftiness wit' a blade.
[Ulrezaj]: De stress o' not landing de kill be one which ought to greatly trouble you, so ah agree. It's not complacency dat's got you down, however. It's performance.
[Ulrezaj]: Oftentimes, when dese issues come into play, it's because you have not learned enough, you have not observed der movements to see if dey're reacting to what you're doing to live, or because a mender follows not-so-far away unmuted.
Ishiner nods to himself quietly.
[Ulrezaj]: Always it shall be one o' dese three things. Always, it shall be, dat you can overcome such problems by handling dem yourself or, better yet, calling on aid from your Mandate's fellow servants. Communication and cunning be key.
[Ulrezaj]: Who have you been training wit' lately?
[Ishiner]: I was gone on an expedition for several weeks and only returned recently.
[Ishiner]: I have not done any hard training since I returned.
[Ulrezaj]: Den might ah make a recommendation?
[Ishiner]: Please.
[Ulrezaj]: Return to whatever corner o' de world Death Knights emerged from, learn what tacts dey find useful, den apply dem in combat. Always first ask your fellow Grim when you do, either in Tanaan or in Arena skirmishes, or on battlefields.
[Ulrezaj]: Given enough time, your prowess will outshine de most awful and relentless foes.
Ishiner nods at you.
[Ishiner]: You have given me a lot to think about.
[Ishiner]: But I do have one last question.
[Ulrezaj]: It be no problem fo' me to share my methods wit' others.
[Ishiner]: What did you sacrifice for your third trial?
[Ulrezaj]: Blood.
[Ishiner]: Blood?
[Ulrezaj]: My gesture was a symbolic act.
[Ishiner]: Hmmm, I don't have much blood anymore.
[Ulrezaj]: Before Supplicants started ripping out eyes and slaughtering der still-living wives, ah found sacrifice in recognizing my potential.
[Ulrezaj]: So, ah embraced my demonic morph, singed it before it conversed wit' de Legion, and carried de contents to Inquisitor Atticus.
[Ulrezaj]: He den supplied it to de Grim's halls so dat ah could be banished by de warlocks should de need arise.
[Ishiner]: Banished?
[Ishiner]: To where?
[Ulrezaj]: To de Twisting Nether, so dat whatever influences might cause me to stray from servitude may come, ah may either recall my previous pact and be impervious to dem, or suffer de consequences.
[Ishiner]: That sounds dangerous, but I guess that is what makes it a true sacrifice.
[Ulrezaj]: It served as a symbolic gesture and as a mechanism fo' restraint, should ah stray from proper discipline under de Mandate.
[Ishiner]: Now I have even more to ponder.
[Ishiner]: That is always a worry for a Death Knight.
[Ulrezaj]: Your Trial o' Sacrifice does not need to be one o' loss by life and limb, it needs to only show unswerving dedication.
[Ulrezaj]: You be free to be clever bonds kept you from us in de first place, permanently.
Ishiner thinks to himself quietly.
Ulrezaj coughs and mutters, "You need to be free, ratha."
[Ishiner]: Well, I have no further questions.
[Ishiner]: Did you have anything you wished to ask me?
[Ulrezaj]: Not in particular. Anything which struck me as worthwhile was asked during your trials. We shall learn 'bout what your Sacrifice might be at either an Inquisition or de next meeting.
[Ulrezaj]: But, as it be, ah hoped you have strengthened resolve as a result o' consuling me. Ah consider you to be wise in doing so, especially fo' a Supplicant.
[Ishiner]: Thank you.
You nod at Ishiner.
[Ishiner]: That means a lot.
[Ishiner]: Thank you for taking to time to answer my questions.
[Ulrezaj]: You have potential, Ishiner. We shall see how you apply it.
[Ishiner]: And if you will excuse me, I am going to find some food.
[Ulrezaj]: May you find it well. You be dismissed.
Ishiner
Lost

Re: Ishiner's Discourse with Ul-Rezaj for his Trial of Resolve

Unread post by Ishiner »

((Thanks!))