Sacrificial Observations - Clarode's Scribblings

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Clarode

Sacrificial Observations - Clarode's Scribblings

Unread post by Clarode »

Around a month ago, I was assigned my final Trial. The Trial of Sacrifice. High Inquisitor Bloodstar assigned me three things, each teaching me to let go of my Human past and embrace the Forsaken way of life, culture, so on and so forth. The following are ramblings and observations of my journey to completion of the Trial.

My first task was to practice in the Argent Tournament. Before my renewal as a Forsaken, I had represented the Gilneans. The goal of this part of the Trial was the basis leading to everything else assigned to me, and it let me represent the Undercity, the Forsaken, with pride. After endless hours, days, weeks of practice, I finally earned the right to represent the Undercity at the Argent Tournament. This however, in and of itself was not important. High Inquisitor Bloodstar knows that I am not one to, on my own accord, go and compete in the Argent Tournament. It was the symbolic factor, that everything I do now is by the Horde, for the Horde, and of the Undercity. This is why I now am not simply called "Clarode", but rather, "Clarode of the Undercity".

My second task was to raise my notoriety with the Hand of Vengeance to the point where they hold me in exaltation among their ranks. Before being assigned this task, I knew not of the Hand of Vengeance, or what they did. What I found out was that they were a group of Forsaken led by Lady Sylvanas to instate revenge upon the Lich King, for everything he has done to them. Because of their goals to destroy the Lich King, they allied with The Horde. Over my quest in raising my notoriety with them, it really came to me that everyone in The Horde, no matter who they are, are together. Different ideas to reach one common goal. Sure you may be sacrificing a little bit of leniency, as learned during my Trial (of Sacrifice), but the unity created by being in the Horde beats it all.

My final task in completing my Trial was to win a battle in Gilneas. Many times had I tried to achieve that goal with a simple ragtag group of soldiers, but to no avail. There was no strategy, no notion of staying safe, and no actual will to win. It wasn't until I had teamed up with others from The Grim, led by Lupinum's fine skills in leadership that we had claimed victory. This ties in both lessons learned in other Trials. I am sacrificing my Human past by attacking the very fools that betrayed me, and claiming victory for the Horde. Also, I was taught that there is no victory without unity, whether it be between a guild, or the whole Horde itself.
Khorvis

Re: Sacrificial Observations - Clarode's Scribblings

Unread post by Khorvis »

[[ Well spoken. We shall see a risen Clarode at the next gathering of the Inquisition. ]]
Bishoph
Lost

Re: Sacrificial Observations - Clarode's Scribblings

Unread post by Bishoph »

The Brothers Grim grow stronger with each passing day. Each day the Mandate's Will is fulfilled through our efforts. The Alliance already hear rumors of the growing tide of death heading into their homes under the banner of the Grim. The Mandate perseveres us through strength and determination.

Embrace The Shadow,
Bishoph Steele