Gnitch - Tales of a goblin

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Gnitch

Gnitch - Tales of a goblin

Unread post by Gnitch »

** Gnitch walks up proudly to Khorvis' office and slides a tattered parchment under the door. The parchment has singed edges and is covered in gunpowder and grease stains. It reads...**

Hi ya pal. You asked for it and ole Gnitch delivered. What started out as a nightmare actually turned out to be quite entertaining. It also taught me that certain problems can be resolved by simply adding more gun powder. Allow me to explain...

When I first entered Alterac Valley I made this little human look like a porcupine. He had arrows stickin' out in every direction. I readied my rocket barrage and fired. Just before he was to become a stain on the soil...he shielded. It was a sad time for me. After a few more lost opportunities such as this, I determined I needed more power. You get it....not boom...but BOOM!

Sooooo..... I upgraded all of my rockets. That's right...Mecha-Blast Rockets. Well, let me tell ya...that did the trick.

That first idiot looked at me and must have laughed when the rocket landed at his feet. The laugh was mine due to him being launched upward by the explosion. The funniest part was listening to him scream all the way down. The final thud ended the screaming.

The second wingnut thought he could out run the rocket. Not a chance. He took the rocket right in the ole keister. You might say, I tore him a new one.

You see how this is going don't ya?

The third guy...well, he was a tough one. He caught the rocket. All I saw after that was pieces parts flying in every direction. His buddies didn't take too kindly to me turning their pal into goo and came after me. I had to high tail it out of there and didn't have time to grab you a leg.

The fourth and fifth nitwits were pretty much the same story. I crippled them so they couldn't walk and then assassinated them goblin style. BOOM.

Now...I know we've only been partners for a couple of weeks and I figure you have heard this type of thing before. Sooooo, I had an artist follow me around and paint you a picture of my deeds. I know you will want to frame it and I am ok with that. You enjoy it big guy.

Your Pal,
Gnitch
Attachments
Gnitch_First_Trial.jpg
Gnitch_First_Trial.jpg (156.54 KiB) Viewed 9016 times
Last edited by Gnitch on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Gnitch - Tales of a goblin

Unread post by Aureilya »

(Gnitch cracks me up.)
Gazreeth
Lost

Unread post by Gazreeth »

(i demand an immediate promotion to vice commander of the butt slashing for this goblin)
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

A rusty pocketknife flew tumbling through the sooty air. It stuck with a "thwunk," embedded in the wooden paneling of the High Inquisitor's study.

"No..."

Next came a fistful of decaying felboar feet, bearing the telltale marks of orc tusks.

"Bah, where is it?"

Half of a wooden model Destroyer with the bronze nameplate engraved "The Spinecracker." Three mismatched woolen socks, each moth eaten. A glass phial of some nameless blue liquid that failed to survive its maiden flight.

"I do swear to the ancestors, it was right ... Ha!"

Khorvis unbent from routing through a lower drawer of his ancient desk and held aloft a black iron key. Turning it over in his palm, the High Inquisitor inspected the key's intricate teeth which oddly contorted into a likeness of the orcish rune for "gold." He turned away from the mess and padded almost secretively over to a faded painting of an Ogre Juggernaut seen on the horizon from the docks of Booty Bay. Glancing suspiciously at his peripheries, Khorvis inserted the iron key into a hidden port in the frame and unlocked the device with a rusty "clink." The painting swung outwards and revealed a secret alcove, likely dating to the original construction of the Grim Halls, if the Lordaeronean stonework was of any indication.

Digging into his sidepouch, Khorvis retrieved and uncrumpled the painting of Gnitch. He set it upon the lowest shelf within the niche, above which were a strange ladder of objects. A claw from the Sha of Fear. Three titansteel bolts. A copy of schematics for a terrible weapon. And a small votive candle that burned ceaselessly with a green flame.

"There, little one. May be you will be guarded in your trials by your three brothers and sister. For I do know what it is to treasure a sibling."

The Lasher patted Gnitch's portrait with a paternal familiarity. The little ones, the goblins of the Mandate, were as children to the old orc. He knew that there was a Syreenaen snowball's chance in the Molten Front that he would ever father whelps of his own. No, this mantle of Inquisitor was likely the closest that he would ever know to fatherhood. And of the tiniest Supplicants, well... he could be forgiven for doting in private.

Swiping his meaty finger along the lowest shelf, he inspected the layer of ash. Despite Khorvis's sentimentality towards the goblins, they could never know. The Grim could only survive by breeding the cruelest of killers. The most hardened of the Horde. The painting swung shut and locked with another "click."

Supplicant Fizzlepop,

You have done very well in perfecting this new weaponry. The Alliance pigs do be dullards, retarded by their backwards monarchy and feckless priesthood. Invention upon the battlefield will be half the margin of our victory over their broken ranks.

The other half comes from the strength of our resolve. In light of the power displayed by your rocketry, I do consider your first trial as worthy and lay upon you the second. Seek out these three Grim and gain their wisdom through the use of your ears and not that bloody mouth.

Valindria the Tempest, Keeper of the Vault - Shrewdness in coin may be a hallmark of your kind, but this one could feed an army with a single counterfeit silver. Learn from her the meaning of waste, and laying waste.

Reaper Kyoukimaru - Some may call him a monster, but none in our ranks. You likely bear much in common, but this goblin remains hidden. Draw him out for us and discover what it is to resolve against the Fel.

Executioner Shaelie Brightwing - As a fellow engineer, I do expect great things to rumble forth from the Grim workshop under the labor of you both. Ask the huntress what it does mean to be a cog in the great war machine of the Mandate.

Once you have shared words with these three, report back to me with your findings. Do not keep me waiting for too long, goblin. My patience do be limited to one moon.

High Inquisitor Bloodstar
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

The gyrocopter sat motionless outside of the workshop. Aside from the sound of the howling wind, the only other noise to be heard was a stream of curse words coming from the cockpit of the machine. Gnitch had somehow crawled head first into the seating area which left his feet sticking straight up into the air. Each expletive that came shooting out of the cockpit was accented by a frantic kicking of the feet. The goblin was hard at work...tinkering....fixing...improving his creation.

"Mail!" came a shout from across the garrison courtyard. A loud 'thunk' and Gnitch's cry of "Bloody fel" promptly followed. A few seconds later the goblin emerged from the gyrocopter, rubbed his noggin, and began sprinting toward the mailbox.

Gnitch pulled forth a letter from Khorvis and proceeded to read...

"Supplicant Fizzlepop,

You have done very well in perfecting this new weaponry"
Gnitch beamed with pride and scanned ahead "....Alliance pigs...dullards, retarded...backwards monarchy and feckless priesthood. Invention upon the battlefield... broken ranks." "He hasn't mentioned it", Gnitch thought to himself. The little goblin scanned on.

"...In light of the power displayed by your rocketry, I do consider your first trial as worthy..." "Yeah, yeah, why won't he say it?" Gnitch said almost aloud. "...Seek out...Valindria the Tempest, Reaper Kyoukimaru and Executioner Shaelie Brightwing ...use your mouth and not your bloody ears" Gnitch allowed the letter to drop from his eyes to his side and then pulled it back up, feverishly scanning it once more.

Gnitch sighed. "He didn't like my painting. He didn't even mention it." Gnitch shoved the letter into his pouch and trudged over to a pile of debris that laid next to his workshop. As he sat, Gnitch's arse landed squarely on a handle that proceeded to move downward under the goblin's weight. As it slid downward, it made a zipper like sound that ended in a click. Gnitch's eyes went wide.

"BOOM"

The goblin sat, frowning angrily, on the pile of debris as his workshop rained downward all around him. It wasn't a total loss, but it was now well ventilated. Moreso than he ever imagined.
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

The meeting with Valindria went much as Gnitch had expected. She was cryptic in her responses. Gnitch realized that she wanted to give him the answers he desired but she couldn't reveal all of her tactics. After all, her resourcefulness was what earned her the respected position of Keeper of the Vault. However, one thing stood out from their conversation. It was when Valindria said "I am effective at what I do because I expend only the energy and resources necessary to achieve my goal." That sentence had the goblin thinking. How could he make a better bomb with less powder? Was there a way to better refine his gadgets so they would be more effective and cost less to build? This would prove his new challenge. Well, this was one of his new challenges. The other was to get Valindria to say yes. He had to find a way to convince her to allow him to roll around naked in the vault gold. The immediate "no" that came from Valindria when he asked her just moments ago would not deter him. He had to find a way.

Gnitch waved goodbye and climbed into the cockpit of his gyrocopter. He gently lifted on the collective and simultaneously pushed forward on the cyclic. The copter climbed lazily into the sky. The evening clouds were scattered and Gnitch could see Gorgrond in the distance. Usually he chose to race through the canyon back into Frostfire Ridge, but today was different. He pulled hard on the collective making the copter race skyward. The goblin squealed with glee as he went up. Higher. Higher. Higher. When the top of the mountain range could be seen beneath him he applied light downward pressure to the collective and was once again in level flight. The water beneath him eventually turned to soil. The soil, and the occasional oasis, eventually gave way to snow. The goblin was nearing the end of his flight. Slight pressure to the collective and he was descending. With the garrison only a few hundred feet below, Gnitch hung his head out the left side of the cockpit and circled his compound. It was his way of telling everyone to clear the landing area. Gnitch brought the gyrocopter into a hover and then placed her gently on the ground outside of his workshop. Gnitch sprinted from the cockpit into his workshop to warm himself by the fire. Once his teeth stopped chattering, he resumed work on his latest creation.

Shaelie had been instrumental in helping the engineer get his schematics correct. Gnitch respected her for that. She could have kept her secrets locked away, but instead chose to share her knowledge with him. It was that commonality that made the next part of his trial that much more enjoyable. Khorvis wanted him to talk with her and perhaps collaborate on something new for the Grim. Gnitch grinned as he reached for his hearthstone communicator and put the call out to his fellow engineer and the one the Grim call "The Executioner."
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

The meeting had gone exactly as Gnitch expected. Report after report after report. Gnitch sat there, half listening and half daydreaming of his next engineering masterpiece.

The daydreaming was giving way to serious calculations as Gnitch was yanked back to the present by Khorvis' voice.
"Gnitch! Adrerlee! Forward you gutless goatsuckers!" the orc yelled. Gnitch wasted no time in springing forward to stand before the High Inquisitor. There was something urgent in the orcs voice...something more than the usual gruffness that Gnitch had grown accustomed to. He listened intently as Khorvis continued " Blackrock Spire and Rutilus Luna. Your trials do be suspended. Find out what the bloody fel these blight addled fools do be diddlying with. Report to the Keepers and arm yourselves."

Gnitch could barely contain the excitement as he stepped back into the ranks. He and Aderlee were given a mission, of what the goblin believed was, of great importance. He could not let Khorvis down. He would not let the Grim down.

Gnitch had never worked with Aderlee before but, they were not strangers. The two met some time back in Orgrimmar. Gnitch, hoping to find a fresh start with something more than pirating, had reached out to the Grim. Aderlee and Lilliana came to meet the goblin in Orgrimmar. That meeting was Gnitch's first step toward becoming Grim and proving his worth to the notorious organization.

Gnitch listened as Khorvis and Awatu continued discussing the demons but his mind was already racing with plans for the mission. As soon as Awatu declared the meeting over, Gnitch flew back to his Garrison to start the investigation into the demon outbreak. A brief hearthstone conversation with Baal gave Gnitch the lead he needed. Baal was attacked by one of the possessed and had a first hand account of the events. The information Gnitch received from the conversation lead him to a Rutulis member that didn't want to speak of the demons but still proved helpful. Gnitch was told to speak to Ranadarus. Gnitch pulled a sheet of parchment from his desk and a quill...

"You don't know me, but we need to talk. Khorvis, of the Grim, has asked me and Aderlee to learn of the demon problem." Gnitch paused to dip the quill into the ink once more and continued, "Contact me at your earliest convenience." The goblin then signed his name and rushed to the mailbox.

Now, he had to wait.
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

((Hilarious, apparently I need to be RPing with engineers more often.))
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

"Hey Boss!

How ya doin'? You don't have to answer that...I know that you just want the report so here it is.

I met with Ranadarus of Rutilus Luna a few days ago in his garrison. One of the walls of his place was really creepy. It had 3 demonic lookin' portraits on it. The portraits were all surrounded by symbols and notes and such. It made no sense to me...but perhaps one of our finger wigglers could decipher them.

Coincidentally, the portraits were of the 3 possessed members of his organization. The first is their guild leader, Theira Oaksong. Her possessed self is believed to be in the Blasted Lands...the Tainted Forest to be exact. The second is the big fella that attacked Baal. His name is Tarkus Sunwalker. Now, he ain't too bright. This is the second time he's gotten possessed. Anyway... he's in Blackrock. Lastly, one of their new members is playing host to a demon too. Her name is Darilea Springthorn.

Ranadarus said that each of the 3 ghost incubators I mentioned above, and I quote... "came in contact with an artifact that contained the fractured soul parts of a larger demon." How he knows about the larger demon is beyond me...but he seems pretty sure of himself. Here's part of the problem...those 3 nitwits with the demons in them are each carrying a piece of that artifact. Soooo....we have to:

1. Get the artifact pieces away from demon possessed folks without touching the artifacts ourselves.
2. Then we have to get the demons out of each Rutilus member. Oh yeah...Ranadarus asked that we not kill his friends.

One last thing. One of the demons mentioned that the pieces of the artifact were "key pieces." I'm not sure I want to open whatever door they are key too....if you catch what I am sayin'.

I lied. One more thing. The Luna folks have recruited help from a few others organizations. It seems they are really in a bind and lookin' for help.

That's it for my part. Aderlee might have some details to add that I forgot. You can speak to him about that.

Your Pal,
Gnitch"

*Gnitch rolled the parchment up and pressed a wad of sap on the letter to seal it. His powder cover finger left a fingerprint seal. Gnitch merely chuckled and sent the letter to Khorvis.*

((There is a thread running on TNG about this event. It's under Ranadarus' thread. You can check under "Rand_Shea" or "Theira Oaksong" on TNG for more details.))
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

The gryocopter settled on the ground with a light thud. He was home. Well, if this could be called home. Gnitch sat motionless and silent as the blades of the copter slowly ceased their movement. The noise generated by the rotor wash slowly gave way to laughter and fighting. Gnitch raised his eyes and focused on the source of the ruckus...the town hall. As he approached, the sweet smell of ale, meat and smoke filled the goblin's nostrils. "Get out!" Gnitch yelled as he entered the building. "Everyone, I want to be left alone!" he howled. Gnitch stood silently by the door and watched as a slow stream of bodies exited the building. Gnitch raised his bow and fired a few arrows over the heads of the lingering celebrators to expedite their exit. "GET OUT NOW!" he commanded as he took aim at the head of a lingering garrison worker. The peon released the grip on his tankard and was out of the building before the mug hit the floor. Gnitch, still in a fit of rage, opened his fingers and set the arrow free. The arrow hissed as it made its short flight across the town hall. A deep "thunk" sound announced the ending of the flight as the arrow embedded itself in an oak support beam. Gnitch lowered the bow and trudged over to a brazier to warm himself.

He had become accustomed to Khorvis' yelling. He knew that the orc was molding the suppliants and guiding them down their paths to becoming Grim. He was used to Lilliana's frolicking about during the inquisitions. Truthfully, she amused Gnitch. Ruuki would always stand stoicly by Khorvis' side...her sword at the ready. What he had not seem coming was having his soul messed with by Grim's finger wigglers. It bothered him...deeply. To further complicate things...Shaelie was cast out of the Grim for having a human spirit inside of her. How or why it happened was beyond Gnitch's comprehension. As Shaelie tried to explain her story, Gnitch watched as swords were brought to bear on the Executioner of the guild. Gnitch later stood in bewilderment as a one of the Grim was sent to hunt Shaelie...as a prize. The entire night was madness. Complicated...madness.

It was only months ago that Gnitch left his life on the sea to seek a new beginning within the Grim. His life before this was simple. Sail, plunder, and raze alliance ships. Gnitch thought back to his crew scurrying about the decks, preparing to board another ship. Gnitch smiled as he recalled the thick smell of powder in the air after his cannons sent volley after volley into alliance vessels. Gnitch inhaled and imagined the smell of the salty sea air. The little goblin reached for a faded leather satchel that hung on the wall to his left. Gnitch opened the satchel and poured the contents on the table... a map of the oceans, a sextant, a compass and a spy glass. Gnitch placed each item back inside the satchel and securely fastened the flap. He pulled the strap up over his head and rested it on his shoulder allowing the satchel to settle on his hip. Gnitch picked up his bow and glanced around his town hall before heading for the door.
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

Gnitch watched proudly as the crew scurried about completing their assigned tasks. It had taken them a little less than three weeks to resupply, rig and ready the ship for sea again. Not one of the crew members questioned what Gnitch had planned. It didn't matter to them. The captain needed them and that was all they needed to know.

"Goblin overboard" came a shout from the bow of the ship. "All hands to the port side" came another shout. The crew lined the side of the ship looking for their crew mate...flotation devices at the ready. A quick scan of the lineup told Gnitch that it was his boatswain, Fiznip. The dark water of the bay began to get darker as blood rose to the surface. A tall black fin briefly broke the surface of the water and disappeared down the side of the ship. "Shark!" came a cry from the bow and the crew knew instantly that Fiznip would not be returning to the deck.

The previously jovial atmosphere on board the ship was replaced with a feeling of despair that spread to every inch of the deck within minutes of the accident. Gnitch stepped to the railing and stomped his foot. "Men" he said. "It is a sad day aboard Flotsam. We have lost a brother in arms and a treasured member of the crew. My previous plan can not be completed without a full crew so I must find us a new boatswain. Tonight, I want you all to go to the nearest tavern and drink to Fiznip. Drink to the good times we shared....he would want that." Gnitch paused to allow the lump in his throat to disappear. The captain swallowed hard and raised his head to continue, "When you have said your goodbyes, rest and ready yourselves. We will sail again and bring pain to the alliance. Await my call." With that, Gnitch turned and headed into his quarters on board the ship. The crew finished their duties, secured and rechecked the lines before disembarking the ship as Gnitch had ordered.

Gnitch opened the doors from his quarters and walked to the edge of the ship. He peered into the waters...as if expecting to see Fiznip surface. The goblin captain sighed and headed for this Gyrocopter. His destination....Cantina.
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

Zepplin2.jpg
Zepplin2.jpg (49.99 KiB) Viewed 8709 times
Gnitch sat quietly at the table studying the picture. It was only one of many parchments that Khorvis had given him a few nights ago at Cantina. The little goblin thumbed through the pile and pulled forth another schematic and examined it.
ZepplinSchematic.jpg
ZepplinSchematic.jpg (153.5 KiB) Viewed 8709 times
Gnitch placed the schematic on the table and dropped his chin into his hands. He grinned as he recalled the conversation with Khorvis just three nights ago.

Khorvis stood on the edge of the deck looking out over the bay toward the open waters. He beckoned Gnitch over and questioned, "Tell me Gnitch, what do you see? Use little words." The orc's request ended with a ground shaking belch. The two had been drinking for some time so the request was not an unfair one to say the least. Gnitch looked up from his mug and replied "Opportunity. Adventure." The little goblin took another gulp of his ale before looking at Khorvis who had just sat down next to him on the deck. Khorvis nodded and began talking of the war with the Alliance and of a super weapon. Little did Gnitch know, at that moment, just how integral his part would be in the orc's plan.

Gnitch snapped out of his daydream and looked back at the schematic. Khorvis wanted this done in less than one month. "Three weeks" was the actual request. No prototype....just build the actual ship. It would be an aggressive undertaking just following the schematics, but Gnitch wanted to make a few modifications. The enhancements would increase the complexity of the project quite a bit. Gnitch grabbed his book and begin writing...

First...a letter to Skalla. Her attention to detail would make her an asset to the crew. Gnitch's intention was to put her in the recently available position of Boatswain. Experience on a ship wasn't the most important thing to him....she could learn on the job. What Gnitch needed was someone to take care of business and keep the ship maintained.

Second...Gnitch wanted a new power source. He wanted to put a boiler on the ship but with a twist. He wanted the boiler to have a continuous power source so he didn't have to burn wood or coal in it. He might have to seek out a mage for some help.

Third...The vent work from the boiler had to run to the balloon that would keep the ship aloft, but he wanted to be able to redirect the steam to the aft of the ship to provide thrust. The idea was to be able to dump some powder into the boiler for a boost of power. The ship would accelerate and turn quicker with this modification.

Fourth...Glider wings. He wanted to equip the ship with retractable glider wings as a safety precaution. Should the balloon burst, the crew would cut away the balloon, deploy the wings and glide to the ground instead of plummeting to their death.

Fifth...Armament. He would put 12 pound cannons on both sides of the ship. Another modification would allow Gnitch to open the bottom of the ship and drop bombs from above his target.

Sixth...He wanted to fly the banner of the Grim on the ship. He would need a big banner. He had to find a tailor capable of the task.

Lastly...He would not have time to build a new Galleon to hang beneath the balloon.

Gnitch smiled and crossed out the last entry. He already knew what he would be giving up for this build. His personal ship. His ship had brought him, and his crew, freedom from Gallywix and slavery. It had supplied them with a home and a source of income while destroying alliance vessels for the Horde. It was a difficult thing but Gnitch knew the crew would understand and not argue. Besides, they would be sailing the skies now.

Gnitch made a copy of his plan and carefully folded the parchment. He wrote Khorvis' name on it and secured it with his seal. Gnitch then hopped down from the desk and ran to drop Skalla's invitation and Khorvis' copy of the the build plan in the mailbox.
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

As Gnitch walked toward the guild compound, his conversation with Skalla replayed in his head. He was confident in his decision to bring Skalla into the ship's crew. Her attention to detail would make her a fine boatswain and she appeared quite eager to take on the challenge. Gnitch also entrusted in her the challenge of fueling his new propulsion system. The design of the system was solid, the fuel would make all the difference. Lower weight and less maintenance would make the ship more efficient. Skalla was smart and resourceful, Gnitch knew this. It still pained him a bit to have to ask someone for help but it had to be done. There was simply too much for Gnitch to do alone.

Gnitch flung open the guild hall doors and walked up to the message board. He found an open spot on the board and tacked his flyer in place.

Grim,

I need a tailor with a bit of time and materials on their hands. I need a guild flag for the new airship that I am building. I am quite aware that, as a supplicant, I am not allowed to wear the guild colors. Khorvis has approved me flying the colors on the airship. He also provided a bag of coins to pay for the construction.

First contractor that contacts me via goblin mail or heartstone will get the job. You have 2 weeks to finish the flag.

--
Gnitch
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Khorvis had finally finished reviewing the amendments that Gnitch had made to the original airship schematics, now that he was not holding the parchment upside-down, and gave a grunt to reassure himself. As a middling engineer himself, the old orc knew that the alterations would greatly enhance the capabilities of a zeppelin. It was safety that concerned him, as A) Goblins were notorious for their lack of it, B) Gnitch was a goblin, and C) Members of The Grim would one day sail the sky on the vessel.

"Hrmph. At the very least, the Supplicant did include these glider wings. And he does plan to fly the Grim banner, a noble sentiment. Bah, what the fel!"

The High Inquisitor opened a drawer of his desk and withdrew a particularly large stamp, about as wide as a Zhevra hoof and equipped with a polished walnut handle. Rolling the rubber in a tray of incarnadine ink, Khorvis raised the stamp high above the desk and brought it down with a commanding smash!

The schematic now bore the official stamp reading "INQUISITION INSPECTED - PASSED" and was sent back down the Halls to the Supplicant chambers.
Gnitch

Unread post by Gnitch »

Gnitch stood before the guild message board and scrunched his face into a frown. He ripped the letter down that he had put up over a week ago. It wasn't often that the goblin asked for help but this time he desperately needed it. Khorvis had given him a set of airship schematics and instructions to complete the ship within three weeks. Gnitch knew the build would be more than he could handle alone so he posted a plea for help and yet...no reply. Gnitch tossed the letter into the brazier nearest the door and watched as it shriveled up into a burnt wad of ash.

Then there was the issue with his new boatswain. He hadn't heard from her in over a week. Not only was she responsible for the maintenance of the new airship, she had the added responsibility of completing the propulsion system as well. Gnitch's plan for the upgrade would make the new ship more nimble and quite quick in the air.

The goblin spat in disgust and shrugged. "Bloody fel, I'll do it all myself. I never needed anyone before, no reason to rely on anyone else now" he muttered and stormed out the door of the guild hall.

A few hours later, Gnitch sat at a table and penned a letter to Khorvis.

Hey Boss!

I'm slightly behind schedule with the project. It seems no one within the Grim wanted to take up the task of sewing a guild flag for the new vessel. No worries though, I've got friends and i'll get it done. I've returned your gold to you...I can get the flag done as a favor...no charge.

The crew connected the ship to the envelope and inflated it. She's floating! They are working on the retractable wings now and I am redirecting my efforts to the propulsion system.

I will deliver the ship to you on time even if it kills me.

--
Gnitch

Gnitch sealed the parchment, dropped it in the mailbox and headed to the engineering bay.