Graysong - Intro to The Grim

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Graysong
Lost

Graysong - Intro to The Grim

Unread post by Graysong »

*a random imp flashes into existence within Ruuki's vicinity it begins screaming wildly and waving a letter about*

IHAVEALETTERFROMMASTERFORYOUPLEASETAKEITANDREAD!

*The imp throws the letter in the air and runs away screaming incoherently.*

The letter is written in a flowing script:

Dearest Ruuki,

I have recently been bestowed the great honor of being accepted as a supplicant within The Grim!

Furthermore it appears I am now your supplicant! Wonders and joys!

I will attempt to contact you via our fascinating stones.

I dearly look forward to what may come in the future!

Please don't mind the imp. He is excitable.

-Lazarus S. Graysong
Neevah

Re: Graysong - Intro to The Grim

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki had about had her fill of crazed warlocks and their even more crazed imps playing messenger. If it wasn't one sneering at her while she dipped a marble in boar's blood, it was another charging ramshackle down the halls to run into whatever or whoever it could. Still, she read the note, arching an eyebrow at the very first word. Dearest?? She scowled, sitting down at her desk to write out her reply.

"Graysong,

You will be assigned your first trial at tomorrow night's Inquisition. You will have one month to complete it and report. I expect you to show up.

-Inquisitor Ruuki the Reborn

P.S. You will address the other Inquisitors and myself with respect. None of this fancy Elven kodoshit."
Graysong
Lost

A massive doomguard approaches Ruuki. It is entrapped within multiple layers of chains that orbit its body.

Its face shows great rage and hatred.

In its hand is a pretty little pink envelope that it slowly and rather hatefully extends towards the tauren. In his other hand is a delicious smelling pie that is also offered to the tauren.

"I. Am. Kurmet." The doomguard's face screws up as it spits out the next word, "Master". After shuddering it continues, "Wishes for you to have this letter... and pie."

The letter reads,

"Dearest Inquisitor Ruuki the Reborn,

I sincerely apologize for my tardiness this eve past. I was within my old family manor looking for items worthy of study when I appear to have tripped a chrono-trap.

Had it not been for me being late to give my imp, Lazrot, his daily mug of ale I doubt I would've even been able to be at the meeting at all! The gall! Who places chrono-traps in peoples homes? As it was my imp was able to break the circle and allow me to exit the trap.

I made as much haste as possible to the meeting but you were already gone.

I cannot express my sorrow.

Due to my failure please accept this cherry pie that I baked myself. Also I leave you with Kurmet for the time being to do with as you please. He is grumpy but quite handy. Especially for moving things.

May I meet with you to discuss my first trial?

-Lazarus S. Graysong"

The doomguard appears to have been reading the letter over Ruuki's shoulder. His left eye begins twitching and a spasm rolls down his right shoulder to his right hand which is now shaking uncontrollably.

"That. Fel. Sodding. Felmancer."

Kurmet looks at Ruuki and twitches.

"Do you have any commands. Ma-ster." The last word is spoken with great venom.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

(I love this character so much.)
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

She hated warlocks. That conclusion was easily reached after this little 'gift.' She had the cherry pie on her desk, uncertain if she should dare trust it, and a giant, pissed off Doomguard breathing down her neck. She glared at the demon.

"Make yourself useful. Go to Ashran, kill as many Alliance as pleases you and then go wherever you go when you're not summoned." She snapped the order, wanting to be rid of it as soon as possible. Dealing with demons was not very high on her priority list, and once Kurmet was gone, she turned her attention back to her reply. The parchment curled a little, thanks to the very heavy, angry hand that scribed it.

"Graysong,

Thursday. Seven by the Goblin clock, Broken Spear in Warspear. Do not fail me again.

-Inquisitor Ruuki the Reborn"

She huffed once the letter had been sent off, then sat down at her desk to at least try the pie. If it was decent, it would mollify her anger. If not, it'd just be one more thing to use against him.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Greebo was walking by her office and heard a distinctive timbre in her voice as she issued the command, a timbre that could penetrate the swarming chaos of the nether. "We might be able to make something of that one" he thought to himself as he continued on his stroll. He dropped a curse of Agony on the Doomguard as it stormed by him. The demon whirled, saw what manner of creature had cast the spell, and hurried on its way.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((Greebo and Ul-rezaj are exceptions to the warlock hate, of course. They don't send her demons to wreak havoc in her office.))
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

(( we could, you know, if you are feeling the lack. I'll get right on that! First I need to visit Khorvis while he's sleeping. For no reason. ))
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Graysong
Lost

Lazarus proudly stood outside of Ashran.

He had finally received his first trial -- to bring Ruuki a thousand scalps and skulls.

It was a minor thing really. But it irked him that Ruuki mentioned that Gunragna boasted her ability to return seven fold what was asked.

Gunragna was a racist and cocky nincompoop whom he hoped would soon trip down a flight of stairs and break her head. Though that was impossible. Her head would obviously shatter the floor and possibly sunder the ground open causing another cataclysm.

Still. He had the faint impression that his Inquisitor was slightly approving of him and now he strongly desired to make her proud of him.

If he had to compete with the harbinger of the next cataclysm so be it.

((starting at 17,656 honor kills))
Linky link of links
Graysong
Lost

A new supplicant joined The Grim today.

Lazarus strongly distrusted the elf Fremen and found his normal friendly disposition absent.

It was a small matter but Lazarus felt a personal obligation to Ruuki and the simple fact that elf was careless enough to possibly poison her rubbed him the wrong way.

As Lazarus counted his skulls and skins he realized he was very near his goal. Soon he could move on to his next trial.
Graysong
Lost

A normal looking locker has been delivered to Inquisitor Ruuki's quarters by completely mundane means.

Opening the locker gives sight to an assortment of skins, skulls, and scalps. All of them cleaned and otherwise free of viscera that may normally accompany such things.

While appearing to not hold much at first glance when items are removed more takes it place. It is obvious the locker is magical in nature.

A note lays upon the top of the piles.

"Dearest Inquisitor Ruuki,

It is my great joy to inform you that I have satisfied the requirements of my first trial. Within this locker you will find my proof of deeds. While I still have time to complete it and perhaps "one up" that peculiar vyrkul thing I would dearly love to continue with my trials. With your permission I would look to advance to my next trial. If it is feasible may I also keep collecting trophies until the end date of what would be my first trial? If I can best that vyrkul I would be pleased. I just don't wish to delay my second trial if I can avoid it as I am eager to continue down this path.

P.S.

Do you like cake more than pie?

-Lazarus S. Graysong

----

The proof is in the pudding!
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki was very wary of the locker delivered to her office, as it seemed her newest batch of Supplicants were a very odd bunch. She opened the box, sighing in relief as she saw it was the skins she'd requested, as well as skulls and scalps, all cleaned and ready for proper tanning. She laid several out, eyeing the skulls and testing the skins. These would suffice neatly for what she needed. She grabbed the note, reading it quickly as she tossed the skins and skulls back into the box haphazardly, shutting it and sliding it to the side. She sat at her desk to write a reply to Lazarus.

"Graysong,

I am pleased that you have taken the challenge to heart and have already exceeded it. You may continue collecting skins and skulls for as long as you please, as there is no shortage of armor needing padding. So long as you do not exceed the one month mark allotted for the first trial, you will not be delaying your Inquisition. Still, I will have your second trial ready for you at the next Inquisition.

Cake is acceptable.

Continue your good work.

-Inquisitor Ruuki the Reborn"
Graysong
Lost

Lazarus was excited.

High Inquisitor Khorvis had seemed to have taken a somewhat personal interest in him and for his next trial had directed Lazarus to seek out Malhavik.

What an adventure!