What's in a name?

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Aderlee
Lost

Re: What's in a name?

Unread post by Aderlee »

Aderlee took the plate of food offered by Lilliana, picking tiny pieces of fruit to eat. As Baalthemar pointed out the cobalt frag bomb implanted in Hendrick, Aderlee stopped chewing.

The bomb was in the man slug, ready to go off. Aderlee specifically designed those bombs with a very fragile alloy of cobalt. Hard and rigid to withstand transportation and being dropped on the floor, but the metal was weak when heated. The cobalt casing would fragment into thousands of sharp pieces, designed to puncture and shred armor and flesh. The explosive charge itself probably wasn't powerful enough to even give a concussion and only give moderate burns, but the shrapnel was deadly and the entire room was easily in the blast radius.

"Hehe, uhh Baalthemar, not tah ruin ju party but if ju set dat ting off in 'ere, dats gonna kill everyone."

Aderlee's gaze then moved to the four pillars. Sure, they could easily shelter them from the shrapnel, but the idea to set off the bomb inside was still insane.
Baalthemar
Lost

Unread post by Baalthemar »

Walking back to the table Baalthemar thinks on what Aderlee said. "It's your bomb, So if you say it will kill us all then perhaps we should take this party outside." he grins.
Walking to Hendrick Baalthemar gently strokes his forehead. "You hear that Hendrick? That nice troll man thinks I should take you outside." Baalthemar points to Aderlee.

The broken man mumbles the same two words he had been thinking for the last few days. "Almost... Over?"

Nodding Baalthemar pats Hendrick on the head. "Yes, yes. almost over." turning back to his guests. "Please enjoy the food and drink, I will make sure there is a space for us outside."

Baalthemar starts to head to the stairs leaving his guests to mingle. More fuse and maybe some fireworks. I should still have some from the lunar festival. This could turn out quite well. he thinks to himself as he bounds up the stone stairs.
Aziris

Unread post by Aziris »

Aziris glanced from the elaborately arranged platters of fruits and breads, to the elf butcher leaving, and then the troll that had spoken. She did not want to be exploded. She also didn't want to be left alone with these people. Or those bones. She didn't want to know, with Hendrick in his present sluggy condition, what had been done to the man's family.

The elf's touch on her shoulder lingered ghostlike on her nerves where the Light of her shielding had been stressed. She'd tested the magic barrier over and over, and even knowing that the shield would discreetly protect her in everyday situations, he'd made her paranoid. She wanted to dodge and slide off the bench seat to avoid his hand anyway.

He was the first one to put a finger on her since Brill.

But Baalthemar had been very gentle. Friendly, even. It was a strange thing if only for it's sheer sincerity. He seemed so nice, but how could that be that when he'd done those things to that man? The only thing she could think was that Elora must have been someone he cared for very much. Aziris peered at Hendrick, trying to imagine what his face might have looked like whole. She could imagine, she supposed, that if this broken guy had been responsible for HER death, her daddy might have been so angry to punch him to death in response. He'd threatened plenty of people with strange and unusual ways of dying when he thought he was safely out of earshot of his children. Maybe that's where her brother had gotten the idea.

Aziris spent several minutes looking at the man-slug. The thumb of the hand beneath her collarbone absently moved back and forth over a texture of embroidery as she pondered. Maybe she just wasn't creative enough. She still didn't understand the leap of logic between a relatively normal raging beating reaction to losing a loved one or family member, and.... this cold-hearted and calculated surgery.

It bothered her. Why take out all his bones? What was the elf going to do with them?

Aware of the awkward void of silence left in the wake of their departing host, Aziris cast her eyes once more at her companions. The elf she'd followed to a seat was paying her much more attention than she liked, and she caught him watching her. She froze for half a second beneath the man's gaze. He didn't look happy. He looked rather bothered, as if he had a puzzling knot in front of him that he had to unravel. A secret to ferret out. Questions to find answers to. It was an expression she instinctively reacted to. Retreat. She needed to be away from him.

She flashed Nathandiel a smile with a confidence that was entirely forged, and added a small shrug. She didn't trust herself to say the right thing, so she didn't say a word. Her gliding steps carried her quickly to the stairs and she started up after their host.
Baalthemar
Lost

(( I intend to end this little party quite soon. ))
Baalthemar
Lost

Baalthemar came bounding down the stairs, his eyes alight with excitement.

“Everything is set, I hope you all weren’t bored while I was gone… I have set up quite the little send off for Hendrick here.” He grinned as he walked toward the slab of flesh strapped to the table.

“Fireworks and everything Hendrick. You’ll go screaming into the afterlife on beautiful coloured wings.” Baalthemar hummed softly as he removed Hendrick’s binds and took him into his arms.

Baalthemar held Hendrick like a child, his head rested on Baalthemar's shoulder with his useless arms and legs hanging toward the floor. Baalthemar took a quick look around the room and smiled to his guests. “Come let’s see Hendrick off together.” He turned and walked toward the stairs again. Hendrick’s arms and legs flopped around with each step.

Baalthemar had finished with Hendrick when his guests started to join him outside, the man-slug was gently resting on a small pile of wood packed with fireworks, from this bizarre pyre mound a long thin fuse ran toward the area that Baalthemar had set out for his guest. The area had a good view of Henrick and was a safe distance away from any debris that might harm them, Baalthemar had put out some chairs for his guests to sit and watch from.

Baalthemar however stood closer to his creation. He fussed over all the little fuses that ran from the fireworks and explosives that were piled up around Hendrick. While his guests made their way to the safe area Baalthemar had set up for them, he worked to ensure everything was going to work correctly.

“Fireworks then the thing in his chest.” He said to himself softly, almost a whisper.
Baalthemar
Lost

************ Warning Adult content **************

Baalthemar’s heart was pounding in his chest, the sound of his blood roared in his ears. He no longer cared if his guests were watching, his role as a good host had melted away as the drugs in the wine took hold of his mind.

He watched the fuse dance toward his creation, time seemed to slow down. The little sparks of the fuse held him in rapture it looked to him like a manic little imp zigging and zagging toward its destiny. An inevitable end to his work, and the start of something more.

Years had past, summers and winters had grown the rage and hate within him, this man… this monster had poured his cruelty and malice into Baalthemar when he had been young. Hendrick and the others had shaped him in their own way, they had created the monster that would devour them.

The dancing sparks darted up toward Hendrick and into the fireworks he was resting upon, it happened slowly for Baalthemar, a small pop of colour and then an overwhelming blast as more fireworks started to go off. It looked like Hendrick sat upon a throne made of colour, each pop sent a new jolt of heat over Baalthemar’s hyper sensitive skin.

The final lit fuse slithered its way into Hendrick’s chest. Baalthemar almost missed what happened next, his drug addled mind raced to processes what he was watching.

Hendrick’s chest started to swell, without his rib-cage he ballooned out, his skin stretched to its limit before tearing and coming apart. The explosion tore Hendrick apart, it sent bone and viscera over Baalthemar. The enraptured elf didn’t even blink not willing to miss a second of his morbid show. But in the end, what felt like hours was over in a few fleeting seconds, and with the soft patter of flesh hitting the ground and the smell of smoke the party was over.

Something didn’t quite sit well within Baalthemar, he had enjoyed shaping Hendrick into something more suited for his true self… and the ending was well worth the time it took to create him. But as he stood there dripping in filth he wondered. Why do I feel like I’m missing something? He questioned.

Baalthemar turned to head inside, no longer in the mood to entertain guests… he needed rest and time to think. The others would find their own way out. He was done for tonight. The sullen elf walked into his garrison not stopping to talk with any of the guests that had taken the time to see his show.

(( This concludes this story, thank you to the people that took part in this story. I'll take some time to clean it up a little bit and then I'll post this on TNG if anyone doesn't want their character dialog on TNG let me know and I'll remove it.))