Baalthemar Mission proposal - Redridge

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Baalthemar
Lost

Baalthemar Mission proposal - Redridge

Unread post by Baalthemar »

*In the dimly lit office room of Inquisitor Ruuki*
A dirty and ragged blood elf stands before Ruuki, with a sly grin and awkwardly saluting, in his hand is a scroll.
"Inquisitor Ruuki, here is my pre-mission report"
The elf hands over the scroll, unrolling the scroll many ink spots and faded letters can be seen, as if this was the first time using a quill and ink pot.
The scroll reads:

Mission proposal: Redridge – Lakeshire.

The town of Lakeshire is of little import to the overall war effort between the Horde and Alliance, despite the construction of a bridge that provides a trade route to the “Burning Stepps” the town has little strategic value.
However the town is close to Stormwind city, the sacking of this town so close to a capitol city would be a useful strike against the civilian population, the fear that any town could be another target could be used to the hordes advantage.
I believe that the use of psychological warfare in this case will far outweigh the lackluster strategic value of the town itself.

Signed: Baal’Themar – Supplicant of “The Grim.”

The elf waits until Ruuki has finished reading before adding.
"There is also a personal reason to attack this town, I.. uh.." he shifts his weight and his eyes dart around the room before he relaxes a little and starts talking again.

"An old friend of mine was hurt badly by someone, she didn't survive." Pausing just a little on his last word, he catches himself and continues "The person that hurt her took something, a necklace.. it was very important to her in life, I would like to get it and return it to her in death."
Looking at Ruuki he adds.
"I know I have no right to ask The Grim for help with something like this, but it would mean a great deal to me if you could help me do this."
The elf straitens his back in an attempt to stand at attention like many of the soldiers of the Horde do.
He waits for a reply from the Inquisitor.
Neevah

Re: Baalthemar Mission proposal - Redridge

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki scanned over the report as Baalthemar spoke. Khorvis had been right at the Inquisition- the town was worthless, but its close proximity to Stormwind would afford them an excellent base of operations. Assaults on the massive city could succeed with such a nearby place to regroup. When he spoke of the personal side of it she looked up at him, laying the report down on her desk.

"We never intend our Supplicants to face regiment of Alliance guard on their own if they are not prepared for it. You need but ask and you will find willing blades and spells to assist you. However, this little jewelry hunt.."

She leaned forward at her desk, arms crossed on it as she held a level gaze with him.

"The dead have no need for baubles and trinkets. I daresay you want to retrieve the necklace to ease your own mind of her passing. I will say this but once, and I hope you hear me. Vengeance does nothing but bring trouble. If you still want this necklace, you may search for it after the town has been secured and after you have completed whatever orders you are given immediately after. We will need to gather a group and find a night ideal for this assault. Give the Grim a few days to respond to the notice I will post."

She reached for some parchment, penning a notice to hang on the bulletin board out in the main hallway.

"You're dismissed for the time being. I will send for you once we have a suitable force."
Baalthemar
Lost

Standing before the Inquisitor, Baal thought to himself.
She knew the truth of it, this mission would provide a means for him to keep past promises, and quell some of his demons with it.

Relaxing into a soft smile.

“Yes, Inquisitor. I hear you well.”

Saluting Baal turned on his heel and walked toward the door, Opening the door to leave he glanced back at Ruuki, still writing on her parchment, smiling to himself as he leaves the room and closes the door behind him.
Baalthemar
Lost

A few days later…

*Baal’Themar once again stands before Inquisitor Ruuki*

The elf waits as the Inquisitor reads over his battle plan, the scroll reads:

Mission Redridge: Attack plan.

The attack plan has two possible staging areas for the attack force.

First is a small cave along the north eastern mountain range, by flying low and between the mountains, we can use them as cover and be in the town in 47seconds.

Second is the Stonewatch keep, this old abandoned keep is within sight of the town and would be at risk of being explored while the attack force is gathering and getting ready, the keep is much closer to the town however, and if we used Stonewatch we could be in the town in 27seconds.

The choice as to what staging area is chosen I leave up to the commanders, but I have flown the route and I feel the Cave offers the most cover on the approach and less chance of being found before the attack starts.

To avoid being spotted and to have the largest window of surprise for the attack, I suggest a scout team travel to one of the staging areas and set up a summoning portal so that the main force can be in place in a matter of minutes.
Once the attack starts the Alliance defense warnings will start to sound.

This gives us 1 minute and 37 seconds before any reinforcements can come from Stormwind city, and 1 minute and 23 seconds for any warriors coming in from the town of Goldshire.

Any Alliance foolish enough to take the flightpath from Stormwind or Goldshire will find themselves on the far side of a bridge, a useful choke point for our forces.

Watching the Inquisitor read over his plan, Baal quickly adds.

“I would like to be in the scout team I wrote about, I know the area well and I can help get the team into whatever starting position is chosen.”

Baal waits quietly for the Inquisitor to reply.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Baalthemar wrote: Second is the Stonewatch keep, this old abandoned keep is within sight of the town and would be at risk of being explored while the attack force is gathering and getting ready, the keep is much closer to the town however, and if we used Stonewatch we could be in the town in 27seconds.

((Stonewatch Keep is being used IC as the base for an Alliance guild. That's their base of operations and it is not abandoned.))
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

[[ It could have appeared empty at the time due to Beryl Falconia not being very big yet. :D ]]

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

(I just felt like it would be weird/ kind of rude to disregard or ignore something that would so directly impact the other guild - especially when you consider that leader of said guild has had major RP consequences as a direct result of The Grim and has a major vendetta against us. :) I do see this as a really cool RP opportunity though, if we wanted to include Beryl Falconia in this mission. That would be fun!)
Baalthemar
Lost

Days after the attack...

Baal'Themar waits quietly in Inquisitor Ruuki’s office, she reads over his final report on the Redridge attack.

The scroll reads:

Mission Redridge: After action report.

The attack went quite well, despite the main force being out of position in Stonard.
The scouting force moved into position by looping around the Redridge mountains, once the scouts were set up in the hidden cave the main force was summoned.

The Grim made it into town without anyone being spotted, the Lakeshire guards were swept aside and the townsfolk cut down.

The response times were correct and Alliance forces didn’t arrive until much later, when most of the townsfolk had been slain.

Once the Alliance did arrive however they simply watched as The Grim butchered their people, choosing to wait until they could attack in force rather than making an attempt to save what few people they could.

When their courage returned or when they could no longer stand the screaming, the Alliance rushed in from the sky, they launched themselves at the healers inside the attack force, and in doing so managed to push back the first attack, The Grim were forced to regroup to the east, here they ready themselves for another attack.

When The Grim attacked again the Alliance forces had retreated back to Eversong woods, and once again the townsfolk were put to the slaughter, defense alarms screamed to life and the Alliance rushed back to Lakeshire.

This time however The Grim were ready for the Alliance, killing the few brave enough to attack in spite of their small numbers, these short and bloody attacks did however allow some of the townsfolk to flee over the bridge and to the safety of the other side of the lake.

Grim forces moved into the Town hall, and held the building against the Alliance attacks, again the few Alliance that tried to save the people inside were killed as they entered the building.
After that the Alliance took to waiting and growing their numbers before attacking again.
This gave The Grim time to make good their escape, when the Alliance forces charged into the town hall they were greeted by nothing but the bloody and broken bodies of what was once the towns’ leadership.

Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

((A minor note: Eversong Woods is the Blood Elven forest near Silvermoon.))