Cen's Goodbye

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Cen
Lost

Cen's Goodbye

Unread post by Cen »

When the Cen had first joined her darling grim ones they had assigned her a cot, but nights for the wanderer have long been sleepless. While others close their eyes to open their souls to dream, the Cen explores the whimsy of prayer, a journey of solitude and community as one. Now the truths unveiled within her prayers would break her heart: it is time for her to leave.

A pilgrim of adventure unknown, the Cen places a single page upon her sleepless cot. The corners of the parchment dance with gold leaf filigree, familiar to any who have witnessed the elf recite from Story Time. Upon the page, dappled with salty water, is scribbled a draft of one of the first ramblings she composed during her precious time amongst her grim family. Perhaps this excerpt will comfort her kin, here, at the other side of their journey together.

Toting only her stave and tome, she departs from the grim halls to find her travelling partner, the cat Brast. Where the elf drifts ethereal, the feline is a beast grounded in the carnal; she knows he will be furious to be torn from his pack, but together they will learn much.

Life is a wonderful mystery, and to experience that wonder, sometimes, one must tread blindly. Smiling her quirky grin, the wanderer wipes fruitlessly at the tears upon her face. "Mhm, mhm... and now: the unknown."

Once upon a time, a then or yet to come,

A one who was a wanderer did find herself a home.

A home, but what is that? A place to rest her head?

Or something more than roof and floor, for resting are the dead.

“And what can one soul bring”, she asks, “revolving is the tour:

Time rolls on, its players pass, but something must endure…”

Between the pieces shuffling, to-and-fro upon the board,

A space persists betwixt the each in which the other’s known.

And this, alone, is what will stay as every piece decays.

Relationship within the whole is what defines the game.

And so the elf made pilgrimage to walk the road again,

In service to adventure she'll do service to her kin.

For everything is unified within the sands that fall,

So seeking stories yet unknown, she'll honor each as all.

(( I am departing to go and pursue a dream which has long been gnawing within me, needing full creative attention. I am preparing to go travel the world to serve my writing. I may live a while with the Maasai in Tanzania, or I may hermit away on an island in the Aegean: my trip will be full of whimsy. But these months ahead are a time to prepare myself for it, and so to all of you a bid the most heartfelt adieu. It has been beyond wonderful adventuring with you and I wish you all joy, joy, and joy!

I will stay in touch.

Cen/Brast - Caleb ))
Valindria
Lost

Re: Cen's Goodbye

Unread post by Valindria »

[Go, and return, full of new things learned from your travels. Enjoy!]
Keeper of the Vault, pseudo CFO
[Now shut up and give me your money! =P]
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

((All of those things sound amazing. I especially hope you make it to the Aegean. There are no words for the things you will see there:

We'll miss you Cen. Send us some poetry some time.))
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((Love to you and Cen! Traveling is definitely worth it and everything....! Will await to hear from you again))
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((You will be dearly missed, and like I said before, send us pictures, recipes, your thoughts, whatever you can whenever you can.))
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

[[ Safe travels and take care! ]]

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

(( take me with you. and thanks for what you've brought to us. ))
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Zelby
Lost

Unread post by Zelby »

(If you dont deface an ancient temple with "DA GRIM WAZ HERE!" We are gonna be SO disappointed with you! __ Not really :) if it wasnt illegal and wouldnt ruin a world heritage site, it would be so cool! Have fun and remember to ALWAYS try the local foods! ))