A Trial of Resolve

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Ishiner
Lost

A Trial of Resolve

Unread post by Ishiner »

*The second entry in Raukons tome reads as follows.*

Ruuki tasked me with speaking to Filora, Syreena, and Druthers. Speaking with each of them helped me gain some perspective into both The Grim and the mandate.

Filora and I talked about how she made her way into The Grim from Sanctuary, and it became clear that Filora is and elf of actions rather than words. At one point she said, "The only ideal that makes sense is the one that abandons all ideals." She quickly started getting bored of philosophy saying, "I hope that is enough flowery stuff for your report." I think to know her better I am going to have to spend some time fighting next to her on the battlefield, but then I suspect that is going to be the case with many members of The Grim.

She also suggested that I bring snowballs when I meet with Syreena. I decided to bring some, but err on the side of caution. Nothing like an ill timed joke to get the new guy stabbed.

I didn't know what to expect when I interviewed Syreena, but she was not what I expected. After I sent an initial letter to her, she agreed to meet, but threatened to cut off one of my ears if the questions weren't interesting enough. I met with Syreena in her garrison, and she seemed generaly surprised that I was interviewing her. We started by talking about how she came to join the Grim. I was curious about why she joined The Grim so quickly after becoming forsaken and she said that when he first became a forsaken that she didn't know what to do or where to go, but most of all didn't like being alone. I found this unusual for a rogue, but I suppose that is part of why the second trial is important. For the first part of the interview she seemed cold and distant. Filora had recommended that I bring snowballs, and I'm glad I did, because after Syreena and I pelted each other with a few she warmed up a bit more. We talked a bit about race relations in the horde and she asked me a bit about my history before applying to become a part of The Grim. I even got to keep both of my ears.

Druthers was the last to be interviewed and in a strange way I am glad that his interview was last. Once we got talking we realized that we share a very similar vision of the mandate. I asked him simply, "Why fight with The Grim?" His response was the same as mine would have been, "The mandate is the only true path to peace." We went on to talk about how those outside of The Grim lack any kind of long term goal.

Druthers last piece of advice was, "Not everyone will trust you even after you complete these trials. They will put up walls. Break down these walls, show them why you are one of us." When I first joined, Ruuki talked about the failures of some recent supplicants. I must continue to live the mandate. Showing this over time should inspire trust.

No two of those I interviewed had the same perspective, and all served the mandate in different ways. The mandate united them, but it didn't bind them into one way of thinking or acting. I should use others as a guide as to how to serve the mandate, but I need not follow their exact path.
Filora

Re: A Trial of Resolve

Unread post by Filora »

[[ How did Filora actually end up being helpful? Good job! ]]

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

((At the very least the suggestion of snowballs was incredibly helpful.))
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((Is this is Raukon's private tome?))
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

((More of a public record of his deeds.))
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki read through Raukon's report with interest. She noted he didn't mention what he'd learned from Filora, but that he adequately summarized Syreena and Druthers' answers in a way that satisfied her. Still, she wasn't quite certain of his understanding. She penned a note and had it sent out to him.

"Supplicant Raukon,

Though your report is mostly adequate, I wish to speak with you before I will declare your Trial of Resolve complete. Meet me in the Warspear tavern Sunday afternoon, before our assaults on the Alliance.

-Inquisitor Ruuki"