Emmons' Much-Delayed First Trial

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Emmons
Lost

Emmons' Much-Delayed First Trial

Unread post by Emmons »

In which Emmons and Drinn take on the entire Alliance:

*There are many coffee stains blotting out parts of the paper*

Date: No thank you, not interested.
Time: Night

Drinn accompanied me to the battlegrounds to assess my combat progress. Report follows:

Battle for Gilneas:
Killed some Alliance. Didn't die. Won.

Warsong Gulch:
Killed some Alliance. Didn't die. Captured a flag. Won.

The one with the glowing balls and pandas:
I have no idea what this is. Didn't grab any balls. Died a lot. Lost.

Strand of the Ancients:
This isn't like I remember, seems like a race now. Killed some Alliance. Died some. Barely lost.

After finishing with the Alliance, Drinn took me into the arena. This was not part of the trial and to preserve dignity the events that transpired shall forever remain a mystery.

- E. Indiana
With apologies to Lilliana
Lilliana

Re: Emmons' Much-Delayed First Trial

Unread post by Lilliana »

((
This was not part of the trial and to preserve dignity the events that transpired shall forever remain a mystery.
Ha ha! ))

Lilliana took the paper prepared by Emmons, you know - the one stained with blotches of brown (she hoped it truly was coffee) and reviewed it briefly. She knew that Emmons was fresh in returning to the field. She didn't consider that his blades were rusty by any means, but she also knew that time away from the front lines within the Grim could screw with ones ability to get into the enemies face and walk away from it alive. The fact that Emmons had engaged in direct battle against the Alliance was impressive. She was even more pleased to see that Drinn had been by his side.

She took his ruined paper outside, sat down on a rock and wrote out her reply to the rogue she had befriended no less than 9 years ago (almost 10 years at this point!).

Dear Emmons,

Cool. You won two battles with Drinn. The two that you didn't win...well...sometimes by losing the battle you can find a new way to win the war. You know? That kind of stuff.

You can consider your first trial complete. I want you to think of three individuals in the Grim that you would like to interview to see your views on the Grim, and figure out then how they match or do not relate to your own. Run their names by me before you get to it, and I may like, switch things around a bit. I dunno, I'll have to see. Let's talk tomorrow if you are around. Oh, and like, I want to go into an arena with you too! Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilly

p.s. If you have to say sorry to me again I'm gonna have to kick your rogue butt