Standoff at the Darkmoon Faire

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Standoff at the Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Syreenna »

Syreena found what she was looking for at the Darkmoon Faire just in time to see two human women leaving a gathering with Sanctuary. The little rogue quietly took a seat on a hay bale. Julilee, Cerryan, and Taozhu were still there.

“Ah yes, Commander,” Taozhu said. “I believe I must bring down this moment…news from Tanaan proves quite…alarming.”

“Hmm?” Julilee asked.

But Taozhu had seen Syreena. “Perhaps not spoken in front of prying ears,” Taozhu suggested. Cerryan, missing an ear, winced slightly at the pandaren’s comment.

“What do you mean?” Julilee asked, looking around. Then she saw Syreena. “Ah.”

“Wha…Ah!” Cerryan added as he also saw her

Julilee walked over to the little rogue, who just sat there calmly and looked up at the intimidating warrior.

“How long have you been lurking there, rogue?” Cerryan demanded.

Syreena shrugged at Cerryan's question, but still watched Julilee. “How long have you been lurking here, elf?”

“I don’t see a need for conversation,” the Sanctuary commander said as she seized Syreena and threw her to the ground. Suddenly, Leyu’jin was there, charging at Julilee. The elf was quick to raise her shield to block him.

“Leyu’jin,” Cerryan said.

“Please, please,” Taozhu pleaded. “There is no need for violence!”

“Violence is what is here,” Orphyn said as he showed himself, drawing his swords.

“Oh lovely, the gang is all here, isn’t it?” Cerryan said as he saw Orphyn.

“I told you she has something that doesn’t belong to her, and I intend to get it back,” the Sancutary commander informed them. She planted a foot on Syreena, who was just getting up from where Julilee threw her.

That drew Orphyn’s attention. “Back away or I will unmake you Sin’Dorei,” he warned Julilee. The little rogue squirmed, pinned to the ground, stabbing at the elf’s leg with her sword. Julilee stepped back. Cerryan coursed healing light through any wound that Syreena may have caused to his commander.

“Ah ‘ear joo wuz meetin’ wit’ Alliance, which makes joo traitahs to da Horde,” Leyu’jin said.

“Oh shut up,” Cerryan responded. “You all may as well have thrown your lot in with Hellscream, so don’t even begin to presume judging us.”

“Your Commander had already declared us traitors to the Horde,” Julilee added. “And to us you’re all murderers. What is your POINT?”

“Ah did not know joo wuz covortin’ wit’ da enemy.”

“We’re talking to you right now, aren’t we?” Cerryan countered.

“DIRECTLY. AN’ FACE TA FACE,” the troll answered, earning a flat stare from Cerryan. Leyu’jin narrowed his eyes and curled his lips into a snarl.

“An enemy is an enemy only if one chooses to be!” Taozhu advised. “Is it not prudent to have one less in the world?”

Julilee would have smirked at Cerryan if she wasn’t busy staring Leyu’jin down. Then she looked at Orphyn, who was still standing too close to her with his swords in hand. “Step back, knight.”

“You are more than welcome to attempt to move me,” Orphyn invited. “It will not go well.”

“Joo git outta ‘here, NOW, o’ else we will attack,” Leyu’jin warned. “Be grateful dat ah sho joo dis BARE COURTESY!”

“Didn’t I tell you to shut up?” Cerryan responded with a frown at the troll.

Julilee took Orphyn’s invitation. She used her shield to ram Orphyn with enough force to send a person back a few steps; not enough to cause serious injury. The death knight staggered back, but then quickly caught his footing again.

“Fine, joo’ve shown yo’ hand. KILL DEM!” ordered Leyu’jin. “JULILEE, JOO’VE GONE TOO FAH DIS TIME!”

“Finally, a chance to fight some monsters,” said Cerryan.

Taozhu frowned with disappointment at Leyu’jin. He created a powerful arcane prison to lock the troll inside. Orphyn drew his swords and swung them downward at Julilee. Syreena lunged at Cerryan with her own blades.

The battle did not last long. The Grim had just come from the battlefields and were still in a killing mood. When it was clear that the three Sanctuary people would not win this fight, Taozhu managed to stand. The mage's elemental surged with power to freeze the trio of Grim at its own sacrifice. Then he created a portal.

Orphyn sneered at Julilee, who stared back at him in return, promising “Next time” before she stepped through the portal after Cerryan. Once they were through, Taozhu quickly severed the portal, preventing the Grim from pursuing. “You will not have them today.”

“I’ll take her next time,” Orphyn promised. “Let her know.” And then he tugged on Syreena’s shoulder. “Let’s go.”

The Grims left with Leyu'jin's promise of drinks at the Brokenspear Tavern.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Leyujin
Lost

Re: Standoff at the Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Leyujin »

((Oh maaaan.

Everything's fucked))
Lilliana

Re: Standoff at the Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Lilliana »

((Pretty much - the world had gone insane)$