Pointing Fingers

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Aureilya
Lost

Pointing Fingers

Unread post by Aureilya »

Commander,

I have an urgent matter that I need to speak with you about, of dire importance. Will you please meet with me? The sooner, the better.

-Shaelie Brightwing

After Shaelie heard back from Awatu, she arranged to meet with him at the Grim garrison, only after requesting that their conversation be private. A short time later, she arrived at the main hall and entered, joining Awatu where he waited.

"Thank you for meeting with me.. I wouldn't have come to you unless it was very important. So, I'll get right to the point. I'm afraid there's something going on with.. a group of people that may be somehow corrupting members of this guild. Mainly, the Inquisition. I think they've all been compromised. And there might be others, too.." She watched Awatu carefully, trying to read his reaction.

Awatu carefully folded the maps he was viewing as Shaelie spoke of her concerns. He listened to her words, and nodded when she was finished. "What evidence do you have of your claim?" he asked, though his tone was not harsh nor disbelieving.

"Well, it started with whatever was happening with Khorvis recently. Remember, a few weeks ago when we had our meeting at Thunder Bluff? You had showed up for the end of it. There was talk that Khorvis had been acting irrational for awhile. I guess it had to do with that gem that had been implanted in his eye. I don't know the full story behind that, but I heard them say that Greebo was the one that put it there.. Darethy showed up that night for the meeting. Maybe he was there for the fire festival, but the timing was awfully convenient. As soon as there was talk of the gem somehow 'controlling' Khorvis, Darethy wanted it back.. it ended up being destroyed. I don't think he wanted us to study it further.

Then, this past week at the Inquisition meeting. Midway through the meeting, Akorharil interrupted the meeting and started drawing some warlock runes, which he bled into- and then started trying to collect blood from our other members. He said we should be 'rewarded'.. he got blood from Kerala, who trusts no one, yet she still bled for him. Then he moved on to Orphyn. He tried to get blood from me also, but I refused. Meanwhile, Khorvis couldn't even seem to see that any of this was happening, and Ruuki and Lilliana were just standing there! Letting it happen! At this point, Akorharil approached Khorvis and tried to get him to offer up his blood as well. I went to Ruuki and asked her to intervene, and she wouldn't. She just said she didn't know what was going on.. and then she and Lilliana left.

In the end, Khorvis didn't give Akhorharil any of his blood and challenged him to a duel. Akor declined, of course. I spoke against him, and got reprimanded by Malhavik.. he, Ulrezaj and Xekanjo were all there watching. That's when I realized this may be more widespread than I thought. I suspect many of the warlocks are in on it. Whatever 'it' is.. but Khorvis has definitely been compromised before by that gem that Greebo put in him, and now Ruuki and Lilliana seem to be under the effects of something as well. And Akorharil has blood from at least two of the supplicants.. who knows who else he's been collecting from."
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Pointing Fingers

As the elf spoke, Awatu listened carefully with the occasional nod and a quick pen stroke to jot down a key word on the backside of a map. He did not look concerned at her claims, but he paid her the proper attention of someone giving a report. Once she was done speaking, he stood and paced the room. His brows were furrowed in thought as he considered her words and the ramifications of what they meant.

"Yes, I fear there is something gaining an influence over the Inquisitors. Ever since the matter with Accalia, when Khorvis was overwhelmed by the spirit of the beast, I have had doubts over the... contraption bound to his skull. However, if what you say is true, then it will go deeper than the machinations that we see." Awatu cleared his throat as he continued. "Khorvis once hated Warlocks. Often calling them 'felmancers' and spouting curses at them. Then, suddenly, he is tolerant of them to the point that he allowed them to 'operate' on him." He snorts at this thought.

Awatu turns back to face Shaelie. "I will speak with Bor'ghul on the matter. A Warlock, yes, but he is trustworthy. And he was present at the operation. He may have some words to share on the matter." Returning to his seat, he regarded the elf for a moment. "Keep your eyes on Khorvis and the Inquisitors. Report to me with any unusual matters. Let this remain discreet, for the time being. No need to stir up attention or trouble. Remain in touch. I will ensure proper recognition for your efforts, Supplicant." Satisfied with the orders, he took the map with the writing on it and tucked it into a pocket. "Now, may I be of any other assistance?"
Aureilya
Lost

Shaelie held her breath as Awatu began to pace. She really was not sure how he would react. She wasn't even sure if he also had fallen under whatever spells the warlocks were responsible for. If so, this might end badly for her. She watched him closely, and then relaxed as she listened to his response. She let the held breath out in a slow sigh, and then nodded in agreement.

"I think some people are already noticing the odd behavior. Everyone that witnessed the meeting the other night, for one thing. But I'll do as you say, and not approach anyone about this now that we've talked."

She did not bother to mention that she had already gone to Kerala and Gazreeth, nor did she disclose their.. frankly, insane.. ideas. True to her word, she kept their names from her lips. But she was at least reassured that the Commander seemed to still be of his own free will.

Awatu got a dubious glance when he first mention Bor'ghul. Yet another warlock. She had only met him once. But at least the time that she did, he didn't seem to have any ill intentions towards anyone at that meeting. Still, a warlock was a warlock, and she was reluctant to trust any of them for the time being.

To his inquiry of other assistance, she shook her head. "I'll keep my eyes open, and report back if I notice anything else that seems out of place. Thank you for listening." Shaelie tipped a salute to the Commander, and then turned to depart, leaving him with his maps and his thoughts.
Gazreeth
Lost

Unread post by Gazreeth »

(And people thought I was just seeing stuff that didn't exist)