Blueprints and Schematics (Shaelie's Journal)

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Aureilya
Lost

Blueprints and Schematics (Shaelie's Journal)

Unread post by Aureilya »

*The battered notebook contained mostly haphazard sketches, drafts of various engineering blueprints. Lists and notes, folded schematics smudged with dirt and grease. The notebook wasn't well kept at all. But several pages in, Shaelie's thoughts made their way to paper, for her first entry.*

I've been meaning to start keeping a journal again for quite awhile now. There just never seems to be enough time, or other matters feel more important. I think it's important too, though. Gotta get my thoughts out somewhere.

My time with The Grim has been interesting, so far. An uphill battle, really. But I guess it's meant to be that way. I couldn't be lower on the chain unless I was a peon and even then- according to some- the peon's would still be looked upon more favorably than a blood elf supplicant.

Even the tauren supplicant who despises us and complains bitterly about every one and everything, every step of the way is accepted more than myself. And I'm the one that actually wants to be here. I'm the one that's ready to live by the Mandate, get through the trials and stand with the Grim- as Grim.

She did earn a bit of my respect last night though, when she actually completed her first trial. Hers was more difficult than probably any supplicant. I wouldn't really call what she did as a Trial Of Combat. There was no combat. Her task was so much more than that. I would call that her Trial Of Sacrifice. Because I think she did sacrifice a lot, last night. She's been getting so much shit for so long and from so many different people. She didn't want to eat those hearts, for whatever reason. Maybe it went against her beliefs. Maybe she considers that act barbaric, or something only a monster could be capable of. She does seem to see us as monsters, after all.

But for whatever reason, she put all of that aside. Stepped up and did the task, and did it right. I really didn't expect to see her take the hearts out of the bodies. I expected her to cheat.. harvest them from Alliance already dead and not by her hand. In a way, I almost felt sorry for her. She really doesn't belong here. Not right now. I'm curious though, to see what the coming months will bring. When and if she does get through the rest of her trials- will she leave? Or by then, will she truly be Grim?

And if that was her Trial Of Combat.. what will her Trial of Sacrifice be?
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Blueprints and Schematics (Shaelie's Journal)

Tonight was frustrating, to say the least. But it did end on a bit of a positive note, I guess.

Lilliana is still missing. This situation has been ongoing for far too long. And not nearly as much attention has been given to the problem as I'd expect, being that she's an Inquisitor. When her scalp was delivered by a .. construct(?) during a guild meeting the other night, a warparty was formed. But not to go to her aid- but instead, into the Firelands.

So, I went myself. I heard Qarosimae mention something about Fuselight, so that's where I headed. Alone, and with no plan, but it was better than nothing. Turns out, I ran into a small rescue party there. One wore a Grim tabard, and I later learned his name was Cobrak. Nahael and Xara were the other two. A lot happened that evening, but the point of the matter is that Xara and Cobrak were able to determine the location of Morinth, where supposedly Lilliana is also being held.

Nahael and I parted ways. Him with his dwarf captive, and me with orders to pass along the information to my superiors that someone named Fenhrir will be organizing a rescue operation. I let Leyu'jin know, because he seemed the most level headed and strategic of anyone else in The Grim.

And then I waited. And waited. And in the meantime, worked on my own mechanics and constructs. I got several ideas that night, and started working on needed upgrades the next day. Finally added some night vision lenses to my goggles- a silencing unit for my rifle, along with a stun switch. And a new modification for my scorpid, which is now fitted with audio and image recording devices. (That's going to get costly, as often as it needs to be rebuilt from damage in the field. I'll have to think of a better solution, or have a separate mobile device for reconnaissance- although the AI capabilities are really important. I'll have to think on this.)

Anyway. Days have gone by with no further word from Leyu'jin or Nahael. I knew that a lot of them would be hanging out at the Cantina in between battles tonight, so I went there in hopes of further updates. Nahael and Leyu'jin were both there, although Leyu'jin was at the battlemasters beck and call for most of the evening. But that was ok. I was patient, and waited. Finally he was free for the evening, and went to talk to Nahael.

And then they took off with another guy I didn't recognize to discuss.. plans, I guess. I wasn't invited along. That bugged me, a lot. Although Nahael did give me a HUD communicator to synch with my goggles, which will be really handy later. But they didn't include me in the conversation. I suppose I'll have to be patient, as Nahael said. But still, it really bothered me that I spent the whole evening waiting to hopefully discuss plans, but then wasn't included. I get that I'm new, and just a supplicant. But at the same time, it's really hard to prove myself as capable and competent, when I'm not given the chance.

When I heard Leyu'jin say over the guild communicator that he was leaving for the evening, I gave up and went back to the Garrison. Although by then I'd already spent several hours at the cantina that could have been spent in more productive ways. He did call me briefly to tell me that we needed to speak soon on the rescue operation, so there is that. I guess information will be filtered to me on a 'need to know' basis. It was a disappointing evening. Maybe once I get through the rest of my trials, things will change.
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((like it))
Aureilya
Lost

He destroyed Mohan's scope. I can't remember EVER being so mad. If Darethy hadn't attacked him right at that moment, I was ready to. I told myself I'd fight anyone who tried to take it- although I thought it would be Syreena.

I'm furious. At Khorvis, but also at myself. I had resolved to protect that scope at all costs until my trials were complete, and I failed that. I have the pieces, and I could probably rebuild the scope with some of the less damaged parts. But it won't be the same. It's not Mohan's scope anymore.
Aureilya
Lost

Something is wrong within The Grim, and I don't know what to do about it. It somehow involves the warlocks.. I was so mad the night Khorvis smashed Mohan's scope, I wasn't really listening when they determined what caused him to go crazy. It involved the Gem in his eye, and at least one of the Warlocks. I think I remember him saying that Greebo implanted the gem.. it was corrupting him, somehow.

Then at last night's meeting, Akorharil interrupted the inquisition and started casting some ritual, and convinced Kerala and another new supplicant to give him some of their blood... Ruuki and Lilliana just watched and let it happen. Khorvis didn't even seem to notice what was going on for most of it. Everyone just stood and watched. Only after Akorharil tried to take blood from Khorvis did he seem to snap out of it. He tried to challenge him to a fight, but Akor declined.

I said something to him at that point about being a coward, and got a reprimand from Malhavok. That's when I realized, they're all in on it. Even Darrethy showed up the night Khorvis went nuts! Why was he there? I think he was trying to take the gem, maybe so they couldn't figure out what had been done to it. It all makes sense, now..

Greebo, Akorharil, Malhavok, Xekanjo, Ulrezaj, Darethy..

I know for a fact that Khorvis was compromised, and may still be, after what I saw last night. At the very least, he's under some sort of influence. I think Lilliana and Ruuki are, too.. the whole Inquisition. Plus, he's gotten to Kerala and the new guy they call Orphan.

So who else? Who am I supposed to bring this to? Awatu? Leyu'jin? What if they've already been compromised also? Syreena? She won't listen to me, even if she's not under the influence of whatever they've done. I'm an elf and a supplicant.

I have no idea what to do about this or who I can turn to.
Gazreeth
Lost

Unread post by Gazreeth »

(Seems the batshit crazy goblin has some others that are finally thinking like he is lol)
Aureilya
Lost

The problem with the warlocks hasn't gotten any better yet. If anything, it's gotten worse. Last week we had our weekly Inquisition meeting in Northern Barrens. I went and listened but it was at that point that I realized, there are a lot of Grim that I don't trust now. I don't like that feeling at all. Usually I feel safe and at ease during the meetings. Now I just feel suspicious and guarded.

Tonight's meeting was a little bit worse. In the middle of talking, Khorvis had some kind of mild.. breakdown? I'm not sure how you'd define it. But he could no longer continue. He kind of seized up and asked Ruuki to take over. I heard him mutter something about the contraption in his skull and eye, something about it itching or burning. Malhavik made some comment about it perhaps needing an 'adjustment'.

I looked to Ruuki to see if she'd do anything, but she didn't. She just carried on with the supplicants as if nothing was wrong. I have those recording mechanisms installed on my scorpid so I started recording at that point, just in case something else happened. I've already gone to Awatu, and he told me to keep an eye on the Inquisitors and report back if I see anything else suspicious. Nothing else happened after I started recording, though. Whatever was wrong with Khorvis passed, and he eventually joined the conversation again.

After the meeting was over and people started leaving, I stuck around because I noticed that Malhavik and Ulrezaj were both lingering behind, and Khorvis was still there. I didn't leave until I saw him go first, and it didn't seem like they were trying to follow him. Once he was gone, I left.

I was so mad at him over the scope, not so long ago. I didn't think it was anything I could ever forgive. But all this with the warlocks really put things into perspective, and the scope doesn't seem as significant anymore.

So, I guess I forgive him. But I still don't trust him. That goes for several people.
Lilliana

((These are always nicely written))
Aureilya
Lost

Shut up, elf.

My second task is complete. Ruuki decided last night that my efforts towards The Grim and The Mandate are enough to advance through my Inquisition, even though I wasn't able to interview the people on my list. I'm glad for that- my time has been focused on much more important matters.

Lilliana and Cobrak are safe from Morinth now, that mission was successful. Lupinum, who was missing for weeks, has finally been found. It was too late to save him from harm- but he's alive and has been healed. Kerala is being framed for the attack, although clearly the warlocks are behind it.

STUPID elf.

Things with Khorvis came to a head last night, and he attacked Awatu. He's so far gone that he's no longer himself. Lupinum, Kerala, probably Ruuki and Lilliana, Orphyn.. maybe even Syreena. So many of have fallen victim to whatever the warlocks have been doing. It makes me wonder why some are affected and not others. It makes me wonder who can be trusted. I don't like that feeling. But last night turned out better than I would have hoped. For the most part, Grim stood at the side of Grim and subdued both Khorvis and two of the warlocks- Malhavik and Akorharil.

Ulrezaj is allowed to run free, for now. They seem to trust him. I don't know yet if he really can be trusted, or if he's just being more careful than the others.

I did learn one thing through all of this. Although I'm willing to fight and die for The Grim- I don't have a friend among them.

It doesn't matter. I don't need friends to do what I believe in. I fight for the Mandate and I defend those that wear the tabard. Friendships be damned.
Aureilya
Lost

Tonight's Inquisition was troubling.

Kerala passed her final task- at first. No one seemed to understand what she was saying, but I got it. She didn't join The Grim because she wanted to be here. She was repaying a debt to Awatu. It was often asked if she would stay with us when her trials were complete, or if she would go. I think she wasn't even entirely sure herself, until the very end.

She decided to stay with us, just like I thought she would. I've noticed a change in her from her earlier days. She was growing to like some of us. Not just Lupinum, but even Syreena and others. I think a part of Syreena liked her, too. Even though they would probably vehemently deny it if you asked them, they always sat together at the tavern and at Bilgewater Habor.

I knew Kerala would chose to stay. And even when she burned Konro's tabard, I knew it wasn't a Grim tabard she was burning. She was destroying what THAT tabard represented, which was her debt.

She made a fatal mistake in the end, though. When she told Awatu that she would heal and defend The Grim in battle, but she wouldn't kill, herself. It doesn't work that way. You don't get to pick. As Grim, you kill Alliance and you don't hesitate. It doesn't matter what your role is. It doesn't matter if you're a mender or a vanguard or a killer. You are Grim.

I wasn't surprised that Kerala was banished. As soon as she said she wouldn't kill, I knew she didn't quite get it. But I was surprised at how Awatu handled it. That he threw her into the fire- that was extreme. She didn't -betray- us. She followed the Mandate, she fought at our sides, healed our fighters, completed her trials. I don't think the fact that she doesn't quite follow our beliefs warranted punishment. She should have been chased off, sure. But thrown into the fire?

Malhavik showed up moments after that happened. No longer in jail. No one seemed to bat an eye that he was there.

I have to wonder if he had anything to do with Awatu's actions. Like the irrational behavior Khorvis was showing when he smashed Mohan's scope. Awatu, who is approachable and willing to listen, but is still a strong and capable leader- did something equally irrational.

I can't let myself think that the warlocks have gotten to him. Even if every indication tells me that's exactly what happened. Because if even Awatu has fallen, what's left?

If the Mandate and The Grim are everything to me, but the warlocks take complete control, where does that leave me?
Aureilya
Lost

Tonight, I learned with finality that there are only two types of people. Grim, and Not Grim.
Anything that happens with people who are Not Grim comes secondary to what's most important.

I was at the Cantina this evening, where many of us hang out in between battles. It was a very small crowd tonight. Almost everyone there was Grim. The only exceptions being Nahael, Aaren, Tazhou and Selash.

I've fought alongside Nahael before, when we were trying to rescue Lilliana. And I assisted in that mission to Grim Batol. He even provided the gas bombs I used for that battle. But lately, tensions between The Grim and everyone else have been escalating, and it's looking more and more like we're on the brink of war with some of them. Mainly, just Sanctuary. As far as I knew. But there's been a very distinct line drawn in the sand.

A couple of months ago, I would have enjoyed his company. Outside of The Grim, he's one of the few I'd call.. not exactly a 'friend'. But definitely an ally. Tonight though, I felt that distance. It was mainly coming from me. But he was examining my scorpid, and talking shop with me over schematics and things we've built. I didn't mind the conversation, but I could sense the divide.

Later on, I was back at the Garrison and saw Orphyn going down into the dungeons. Out of curiosity, I followed. He had a prisoner down there, the Sanctuary ambassador that meets with Alliance enemies to discuss business. She's the one they say used to be Vionora.

Malhavik showed up shortly after, and was angry about the interrogation. I think this prisoner must be the one he mentioned at the meeting. Orphyn told him that the Commander had ordered her interrogation, so Malkhavik wasn't able to stop it. But he was very angry. At one point, he made several tentacles come up out of the earth and then threatened Orphyn. It honestly looked to me like he was either going to kill Orphyn, or do something to his soul.

For a second, I almost reached for my communicator, to either record what was happening, or call for assistance. But then I realized. There's no one left to turn to. Awatu has already fallen, and from the looks of things, Leyu'jin has as well. And I've noticed Syreena acting strange, and hanging around Malhavik a lot.

Whatever the warlocks have been up to, they've successfully accomplished. There literally is not one single person left that I could call or go to regarding this. So, I've resigned myself to the fact that this is just how it's going to be, for the time being. The warlocks have control, but they are still Grim. I won't lift a hand against them.

So when I thought Malhavik was about to attack and possibly kill Orphyn, I had to make a choice. When Grim turns against Grim, who's side do I take?

In the end, Rank takes precedence. I would not have stopped Malhavik. Because Orphyn is still supplicant, and Malhavik outranks him. Just as none of us stopped Awatu from throwing Kerala into the fire. Not even Lupinum.

I don't trust Malhavik, but as long as he wears our colors, he's not the enemy.

As for our true enemies. At the end of the interrogation, Orphyn uncovered some news that made me furious. In six days time, there is an attack planned against The Grim. Sanctuary plans to stand together with the Blackguard, and Borrowed Time. Nahael.

I destroyed my scorpid the moment I found out. Nahael had probably tampered with it.

There is a line in the sand, and it's drawn in blood.
Lilliana

((Well said - those jerks!))
Aureilya
Lost

I'm really struggling with my anger again. I don't think it's ever been this bad before, and it's getting worse. I think I need to do something before I make a mistake that can't be undone. I came very close to killing, or at least severely injuring an outsider, tonight. I had my finger on the button, and the urge to blow her up was overwhelming. The only thing that stopped me was that Brast was too close and would have gotten hurt. That's the only reason I didn't push that button.

A few months ago, I would never even consider killing another member of the Horde. A few years ago..

I'm confused about what is accepted and what's not accepted. Weren't we about to go to war with those other guilds, just a few weeks ago? And didn't we basically get the green light to kill members of Sanctuary, because they were traitors to the Mandate?

So tonight, when those outsiders who have threatened and insulted us before showed up, not only were they allowed to stay and eavesdrop on our meeting and continue to insult and threaten us, we were told not to defend ourselves and that we weren't allowed to kill members of the horde after all. I don't understand what's right or wrong anymore, and the confusion only added to my anger. And with no outlet to release it, I ended up lashing out at Tensonii..

They started a new ceremony tonight. The presentation of a guild tabard passed down from Grim of the past, to new Reapers. Orphyn got one. It looked faded and old. I'm dying to know who it belonged to. Maybe I'll ask Ruuki, sometime.

I didn't get one. That made me sad. I don't know if they just forgot, or if Ruuki was mad because I was fighting at the meeting. I hope I get one someday. And if I do, I especially want to know who it belonged to.

This time, I'm not letting anyone take it from me. I'll gut anyone that tries.
Aureilya
Lost

Last night was the 10th anniversary of The Grim. It was held in Undercity, and so many Grim from the past showed up. There were people there who's names I've heard from stories. People I wasn't even sure were still alive. I was proud to be there, standing as Grim among so many who have carried out the Mandate for so long.

Syreena came back for it. I knew if she was still alive, she'd be there. I was glad to see her. She's already left again, following a lead to Booty Bay. But she'll be alright. Whatever ghost she's chasing, she'll handle it. And then she'll come back.

Mohan was not there. I think that must mean he's dead.. I think if he was able, he would have been there.

And I got my tabard tonight. Khorvis presented it to me. It used to belong to Mohan. This time, now especially, I'll make sure nothing happens to it.

I stood with Tensonii tonight. I'm starting to think I can trust her, I hope. And Brast, too. I had never really had any contact with Brast before tonight. I like him. He reminds me of someone I used to know.

Tonight was better than I've felt in quite awhile.
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

[[ I like to see Shaelie coming out of her shell. I wonder what stories she will wreak on the Alliance or the Legion? It's something to which I look forward. ]]