Spirits Be With Ya

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Cobrak
Friend

Spirits Be With Ya

Unread post by Cobrak »

Xek'anjo happily hummed his way down the guild hall as he tossed the glowing void-lit, crystal-infused totem in his hands. The void swirling around its apex represented akin to a miniature black hole, several small glowing wisps caughts in its pull.

The souls of those who he had killed this past month, all powerful females of the Iron Horde, of the Alliance, or just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

At Ruuki's office did he stop, though he could not properly announce her title, he knew it was something to be respected. So he tied another glowing shrunken voodoo head to the totem before leaving them both her outside her door.

He should go eat something...maybe frogs. Frogs sound good.

When picked up by his 'inky-zit-or'. the head began talking in the soul-weaver's own voice.

"Taewanniwanga, Lil' Chief Hawk! Ol' Xek fine'lee got dun wit his trainin', an' be gettin' dem souls he be promisin' ya! Lossa good bomboss ones too, all very strong an' powuhful, good be servin' Grim ya? Ol' Xek give dem to ya ta be showin' ya, but he be needin' dem back foh latah.

Ahhaiiya! Fo Da Grimmies!"
Kerala

Re: Spirits Be With Ya

Unread post by Kerala »

((not the froggies!!))
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

When Xekanjo picked up his totem from her office, he'd find that she'd stuffed one of the Goblin recording devices into the mouth of the disembodied head.

"Xek'anjo,

I'm not pleased with your habit of dropping out of contact, but the results sufficed. You're to work on your second task now, where you must speak with three ranked Grim. Learn of their paths, how they came to be Grim and how the Mandate has shaped their work.

Syreena Shadowblade - She is one of the most formidable rogues I know, and she is a prime example of the Mandate. Seek her out, learn from her and do not waste her time. I suspect she has a few tricks up her sleeves when it comes to hunting Alliance.

Malebrignon - While he is a priest, I feel you and he might share some kinship in the torture of souls and minds and things of that nature. He is a longtime standing member of the Grim, and I am certain he can impart some wisdom to you on the work of the Mandate.

The third I am allowing you to seek out. Pick a Grim whom you feel you can learn from, and who can expand your mind in how you can best serve the Mandate.

You have one month.

-Inquisitor Ruuki"
Cobrak
Friend

Unread post by Cobrak »

Warspear, Xek'anjo prepares a ritual to help fix Lilliana's tattered soul...without her knowing as she approaches the felmancer...

Xekanjo whirls and whells about, smacking the drum before him with his foot, his hands, his head as the entirety of him dances about.

Xekanjo doesn't interrupt his dance, but crakcs his neck directly backwards to face the trolless. "Hullo, Inky-zit-or!"

Lilliana watches Xakanjo, obviously amused at this dance of his. And the really creepy neck popping he does.

Xekanjo leaps over the small fire, which has begun to burn an eerie blue as a multitude of souls pour into it from his drum.

Lilliana nods, and grins, "Hello, Xekanjo." She pauses, and then points at him, "If I'm just supposed to watch you dance, you will fail your trial."

[Xekanjo]: Nah nah, dune fox!

You dance with Lilliana.

Lilliana freezes, watching that. "Hey, I don't want to see that!"

[Xekanjo]: Ol' Xek be...whadda da word...

Xekanjo snaps his fingers. "Servicin' ya!"

[Xekanjo]: Ol' Xek gonna fix dat bomboss messed up soul!

[Xekanjo]: Bigboss Loa help!

Lilliana clearly looks horrified....not afraid, but she doesn't like what she sees. She does a doubletake, "Servicing....what?"

Xekanjo claps his hands above his head, and the fire dims.

[Lilliana]: Messed up soul? You don't know what you're talking about. *she scowls, watching the fire fade with the souls it took*

Xekanjo smiles as an enormous serpentine shadowy figure raises from the fire, its darkness seems to absorb any and all light around it, save for the soul twisting around its figure as it slithers through the air.

[Xekanjo]: Bigboss, Taz'dingo!

Lilliana 's horse rears and snorts, and Lilliana shouts at Xekanjo, "Who is that guy?!"

Xekanjo seems undeterred as coils of living shadow pop up from the ground around him.

[Xekanjo]: Dat be Bigboss Loa!

[Xekanjo]: He gunna help!

The creature speaks, echoing with a heinous voice that speaks with a thousand damned souls. "XEK'ANJO..."

Lilliana looks the shadowy thing over, and she pulls on her horse's reins, to force it to start back up, down the cliff...while she remains facing the thing that has emerged, "What the......?"

Xekanjo watches as several tendrils wrap around the skeletal horse, sealing it in place.

[Lilliana]: What, hey, no! Xekanjo, get it off my horse!!!! *blasts a ring of shadow around her and her horse, trying to dislodge it, her horse snorting and bucking as it can in place*

[Lilliana]: What the fuck, man!!!!????

Loa: "AHHHH IS THISSSSS THE ONE YOU SPOKE OF, XEK'ANJOOOOO...." It hisses, slithering through the air, wrapping itself around Lilliana's presence...the coils seem rather invigorated by the shadow.

[Lilliana]: That's fucking rude, but the thing away, back into the fire! I don't trust it!......It's like a.... *she stops talking when she feels it wrap itself around her*

[Xekanjo]: Ya ya! Xek askin' bomboss favor, Bigboss! She gotta wiry soul need fixin'! Don worry none, dune fox! Bigboss good Loa!

The shade's eyes are near the size of Lilliana's head as its gaze bears down on her...hundreds of spirits whirl about in its orbs of soulfire.

Lilliana cannot hear Loa's, her connection to them long lost after her soul was mainly destroyed, and now just this one last part remains. She jumps off from her horse in an attempt to get loose of the thing, "Back, you fucking thing, back back!!!!"

"BAAARRELLLY A MORSSSSSSSEL...." It declares, watching her jump. "SSOOOOOO SSSSSSCARED...."

[Lilliana]: That's not one of them!!!!

[Xekanjo]: Wha? O' course Bigboss be Loa?

[Lilliana]: I'm not scared! I'm pissed that you're in my face!

Lilliana says or really spats at the shadowry loa claiming thing.
"LILLLLLIANA...." It chuckles in a thousand voices. "DO NOT CONFUSSSSSE MY PRIEST...."

[Lilliana]: Wait....barely a morsel? Excuse me.... *she nearly gets hit to the ground by her horse, which is still stuggling*

"I CAN SSSSSSEE A GREAT DEAL ABOUT YOU, MY PET...."

Lilliana stops and listens to it.....the thing that sounds like a snake.

"SSSSSSOULS....ARE THE ESSSSSSSENCE OF LIFE....YET YOU HOLD ONTO ONE RIPPED....TORN....EEEEEATEN....BY WHICH I WONDER...."

"HAKKKKKAR....BWONSAMDBI....NOOO....YOU ARE SSSSSSANDFURY...."
"WAIT....NOT LOA.....NOOOO.....MORTAL..."

Lilliana pulls away from her struggling horse, and although the shadowry thing has formed around her, she tries to make her way over to Xekanjo as it speaks.

"HMMHMM....TELL ME....LILLIANA...." It draws out her name almost tauntingly as it cuts off the path to his priest. "MY PRIESSSSST SSSSSPEAKS TRUTH...I CAN GRANT....YOU A SSSSSOUL...TO FIXXXXX YOUR OWN...."

"SSSSSERVE ME...."

"SSSSSSSERVE ME....AND I CAN GIVE YOU ALL....YOU DESSSSSIRE...."

[Xekanjo]: Wha? Serve? Bigboss?

Lilliana figured it would do that. "No, I got enough to serve right now." She says this rather simply, but as she listens to it's voice, through it's snake talk, she struggles with her fear and memories. "I'm good. Really."

Its expression turns dangerous. "THEN....YOU SSSSHAL SSSSERVE ELSSSSEWISE...." It opens its maw as several more tentacles spew from its mouth, wrapping around her.

[Xekanjo]: Hey hey! Bigboss!

[Xekanjo]: WHatchu doin?!

Lilliana screams, "Xekanjo! Get it off!!!!" She pulls her shadows to herself once again, and blasts the bastard, but as earlier, her shadows only seem to benefit it, and she stops that immediately, drawing her shadows away in a harsh whisper.

Even with its maw lashing out with tentacles, its dark echoing voice still booms. "SSSSUCH GREAT POWER, SSSSSUCH AAAANGER.....YOU WILL MAKE A FINE SSSSSAMPLE..." Its jaws unhinge as it draws her in, unphased in the slightest by her dark magic.

[Xekanjo]: Bigboss stop! She Grimmy! She friend!

Lilliana pulls what holy magic she can draw from herself as a shadow priestess, and draws that in a shield around herself.

The creature sizzles in the light's touch, and reels back a pained hiss. "WORRYSSSSSSOME GNAT....XEK'ANJO...HER SSSSSOUl....GIVE IT TO ME...."

You look at Lilliana.

Lilliana is also screaming at the top of her lungs, in complete protest....growling, snarling, cursing....and everything else that a little priestess would do. "get off get off get off!" She adds at the end of her tirade, almost comically.

Xekanjo gathers his soul-infused magic in his hands as he moves towards Lilliana, his expression hidden behind his mask.

"IN TIME....YOUR SSSSSOUL WILL SSSSERVE..."

Lilliana looks down to Xekanjo....that's all she has for holy magics....and she can't switch gears to tap into the boring light while she's in the middle of something as severe as this, she snarls even though she is in a rather bad situation, "Xekanjo, you better fucking.....!"

Xekanjo looks at Lilliana, and bows his head, unleashing a blast of soul that withers away the tentacles around her, releasing her. "Bigboss, Ol' Xek can't take Hordie souls! Xek promise!"

Lilliana lands on the ground, lightly on her feet, and her pulls her staff down, aiming it towards
Xekanjo and the 'bigboss', her breathing heavy, as alert as ever.

THe creature howls in pain, as its eyes burn with unrivaled anger as it looks to its priest. "XEK'ANJO...FAILING WRETCH..." It lashes out with another summoned tentacle the size of an elekk that sweeps low and flings the soul-weaver away.

You lie down before Lilliana.

Lilliana grabs hold of Xekanjo with her priestly powers, and life grips his fallen form back to her. "Get up, now!" She barks as if she actually has a handle on the situation (to which she is clearly aware that she does NOT).

Xekanjo tumbles over as the creature lashes out with a surge of shadow. He manages to rise up and counter the incoming blast with a protective ward of felfire.

"I TAKE YOU IN...." It lashes out again and again at the barrier. "I ALLLOW YOU TO SSSSERVE ME....I GIVE YOU A NAME...."

Lilliana ducks as if that is going to help, as the blast hits against Xekanjo's felfire wall.
The creature lashes out again and again, "XXXEK'ANJO....SERVANT....UL'GANNI....EETERNAL! YOU SSSSERVE ME.....NOW AND FOREVER, XEK'ANJO!"

[Lilliana]: Xekanjo, hold that shit there... *she puts some trust in Xekanjo,e ven though she is kind of the one that caused this, and she steps behind him...he can feel her trying to call on the other power she can tap into, one that is much weaker than her natural shadow form.....and she pulls the light to her. Or at least, tries to while Xekanjo keeps the felfire up.

Xekanjo maintains the barrier until the creature breathes out a stream of soulfire, Xek'anjo's mask and head burning and catching aflame.

"ALLL SSERVE AKU'MAI IN DEATH!" It roars, reeling back for a massive surge of the same spell.
Lilliana gets hold of the magic and it firm embraces her right as the barrier falls, and Xekanjo's head catches fire. She yelps and ducks behind the troll, throwing a shield and instaling healing magics around them.

Xekanjo yelps and flails about, until Lilliana's magic aid him. His mask falls to cinders, revealing the scarred and mangled face beneath.

Lilliana doesn't even seem to notice Xekanjo's horrifying face....at this point, as she had already figured out how the creature wanted her shadow magic...she takes holy fire, something that feels disgusting in her hands....and aims that at the beast as it prepares to hit them again.

Aku'mai's shade screeches from the holy blaze, as Xek'anjo lashes out with a beam of soul energy, binding the two as Lilliana assaults it further.

Lilliana has no problem furthering with her attacks on the creature....she's angry.....she has the old memory of her death to the soul eater, Warneshi, now fresh in her mind from this creature which spoke like him, and tuged what the edges of her soul, as a soul eater would. Yeah, she's angry.....and the more anger she has, the small amount of fear that got past her defenses totally dissappears. This is the one thing that would throw her into a panic, save one other.

Lilliana hits it with smite, chastise, holy fire, trying her best not to stop.

Lilliana even throws a lightwell out there for good measure, just to be a shit.

Xekanjo 's spell as well as Lilly's attacks seem to make the shade wither and burn, almost as though turning to ash. "XXXXEK"ANNJJOOOOOOO" It hisses and flails about as its tendrils die out one by one.

The soul-weaver presses on, absorbing more and more.

Aku'mai gasps as its ahde turns to nothingness, either burnt away by the Light, or drawn into Xek'anjo's hands. The fire returns to a state of normalcy, as though it never spawned a creature of the Old Ones.

Lilliana screams angrily, "Kill it kill it!"

Lilliana stops screaming when the creature completely dissappates, pausing.

Xekanjo looks down into his hands now, a small swirling violet vortex of energy. "A piece...Not da whole soul...jus' a piece..." He stares at it forlorn, distraught.

Lilliana leans over to look at what Xekanjo is gazing at so forlornly.

Xekanjo crumbles to the ground, not in pain or fatigue...but...as thouh he had lost something dear to him.

Lilliana takes her staff, and hits Xekanjo over the head with it, hard.

[Xekanjo]: Gyah-hah!

[Lilliana]: I should kill you! *she roars at him now*

[Xekanjo]: ...Xek...sorry, dune fox....No know why Bi-...loa do dat...

[Lilliana]: That wasn't a fucking loa. *she scowls* I can't hear loas, nor can I sense them. I sensed that mother fucker! *she hits him again, over the head*

[Lilliana]: And I heard him!

Xekanjo just blinks tiredly, not even facing Lilliana, taking the blows as they come.

[Xekanjo]: ....But gave Xek...name...gave powers...he not loa? But...he gotta be!...

[Lilliana]: It tried to eat my soul!

[Xekanjo]: Xek not know he try!

[Lilliana]: It tried to...oh my gawd.... *she twirls around, and then stalks over to the fire, which is now just a normal fire, nothing creep about it*

Lilliana kicks at the fire, scratering dirt over it, "Is it dead?"

Xekanjo shakes his head. "Jus' shadow....Xek gotta piece o' soul..." He lifts the soul to inspect it. "Dis...dis be good foh udda Trial?"

[Xekanjo]: Real Bigboss still out dere...

Lilliana steps forward and inspects the litlte swirling soul, "That's from him?"

Xekanjo nods his head. "Piece...Xek trap...Keep from eatin' dune fox."

Lilliana looks at Xekanjo, her eyes studying him now.

Xekanjo looks at the small jewel, his brows furrowed and mouth twisted into a mournful scowl.

Lilliana doesn't answer him, but instead, she asks... "What happens if you keep that, and what happens if you smash it?"

Xekanjo finally looks up, his eyes seem almost hollow. "Piece wan' go back ta Bigboss...make whole. It always wantin' go back...Ta destroy....Xek destroyin' bond wit Bigboss...be destroyin' piece of him."

Lilliana kneels down in front of Xekanjo, her hands on her knees as she gets right up into his face. "You destroy that, and yes, that is your trail." She says this very softly, her face, and the rest of her, covered in sweat, her hair a mess from all of the >

Lilliana recent little battle drama that she had not expected. Her horse trots back up to them.

Xekanjo looks around, "Xek stay here foh while...make sure no Bigboss leave bits foh uddas..." He looks again at Lilliana. "Xek sorry foh puttin ya troo dat...Xek nevah want hurt friends."

Xekanjo offers a tired smile, "Tank ya dune fox..."
Kerala

Unread post by Kerala »

(Poor O'l rubber-bandy Xek!! /hug! Really though... spare the froggies. Eat mor chikkin.))