It's Going to be a Long Road Home

The stories and lives of the Grim. ((Roleplaying Stories and In Character Interactions))
Khorshah
Lost

It's Going to be a Long Road Home

Unread post by Khorshah »

"I can't believe you lost my axe, Khorull."

"It's not my fault the flying machine crashed in Mac'Aree. Your axe is back on Argus. You want it, go get it."

Khorshah dodged the massive claw of bone, turned, and slammed both of his blades into the wrist of the skeletal dragon that had tried to take a swing at him. Ancient bone cracked, and the death knight hurled a blast of frost into the dragon's face for good measure. "Fine, that's not likely, but why did you think stealing a new one from --" He parried another swing with crossed swords, snarling. "--this THING was a good idea?"

The big orc continued fumbling with the large iron tube balanced on his shoulder, peering through a circle sticking out from one end. "Because this THING is big enough to test my --" The shaman's next words were lost in a roar of gunpowder as the rocket flared to life, followed a second later by the explosion of bone and fire as the missile slammed into the skeletal dragon's side. The undead creature let out a hiss of agony and whipped around, a stream of icy shards spraying Khorull as he huddled behind his shield.

That was all the opening Khorshah needed. He leaped, driving both blades into the bone at the base of the creature's skull, then snarled and flexed. Icy steel sheared through supernaturally-animated skeleton, and the creature's head fell. Khorshah landed beside it, glaring at Khorull for a moment before his expression softened and he shook his head. "Good test." He looked around. "Now where's the axe?"

Khorull looked briefly puzzled as he surveyed the cave, then shrugged. "Maybe we got the wrong dragon."