Flowing Script by Lelenia

Tales of Old.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Re: Flowing Script by Lelenia

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

Chaindog sits with an air of impatience, as if she wants to get right down to business, but she steels herself and continues.

"How has your snake been, feeding him well I hope. The owl has been a great friend though I have had to be careful in who sees it. Also have the recipes been of use to you?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Tilting her head a bit, she notes Chaindog's fidgeting, but continues.

"Yes, he's stayed well-fed indeed. Most are under the assumption that I caught him on a trip to Zul'Gurrub, and he happened to be more docile. The recepies are accurate...but things like Kodo tail are hard to come by for me. Have the patterns I found served you well?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

"I haven't had time to use them."

She pauses for a second, then continues, "What are you intentions with Chingaso?! He is my comrade in arms, and I will not see him harmed!"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Blinking, she leans back a little at the sudden outburst from the box, the small horn on the side visibly shaking with the volume. Pausing a moment, she considers her "intentions" for Chingaso, then leans forward a bit once again.

"No need to shout Chaindog, for there is no reason to worry. Long have I held an interest in Chingy, ever since I saw his postings on the goblin forums. Very sharp, honorable, and passionate...traits that I particularly enjoy when engaging someone, both in battle and in conversation. You yourself show these traits as well, being able to pick up on my tracks in Ogrimmar among the rest just from the distance between strides, informing Chingaso once you cleared them, and persuing me, even though you didn't have a clue who I was, or what my intentions were."

Sighing, she shakes her head, then stares off into the distance.

"You find it odd, I am sure, that I look forward to meeting an orc out here among the dunes...but even though we can't really talk to each-other, I enjoy Chingaso's company."

Laughing softly, she returns her gaze to the hunter sitting across from her.

"And now you have the honor of being the first member of the Horde to tell me to my face that I'm crazy, and have myself understand every word."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

"Mmm, not crazy, just... different." Chaindog says slowly. "I am little different myself. I am educated. I have learned that not everything appears as it should be. Therefore, I have come at the request of Chingaso. He has mentioned while adventuring that he has thought about you. He even mentioned once that he would like to see you." She peers over her shoulder as if what she is about to say could be wrong and frowned upon by the Grim.

"I can set up a meeting. I have a friend. She's um, well, as you put it, crazy. But I have found her payment and she has accepted. She'll help get Chingaso there. She doesn't want to know anything more. The location is secure, and away from prying eyes." She looks at the ground emotions running through her. "I have been ordered to bring your head to an Irredeemable, one of the Grim's officers. I won't do that. Chingaso deserves some happiness even if it's only short term. He has suffered a lot."

She pauses for a second, "I don't know if Chingaso will accept though, but if I set it up and leave it ready, it may happen though. Timing may be a problem. I have the resources to make this happen."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Chain.Dog said:
"Mmm, not crazy, just... different." Chaindog says slowly. "I am little different myself. I am educated. I have learned that not everything appears as it should be. Therefore, I have come at the request of Chingaso. He has mentioned while adventuring that he has thought about you. He even mentioned once that he would like to see you." She peers over her shoulder as if what she is about to say could be wrong and frowned upon by the Grim.

"I can set up a meeting. I have a friend. She's um, well, as you put it, crazy. But I have found her payment and she has accepted. She'll help get Chingaso there. She doesn't want to know anything more. The location is secure, and away from prying eyes." She looks at the ground emotions running through her. "I have been ordered to bring your head to an Irredeemable, one of the Grim's officers. I won't do that. Chingaso deserves some happiness even if it's only short term. He has suffered a lot."

She pauses for a second, "I don't know if Chingaso will accept though, but if I set it up and leave it ready, it may happen though. Timing may be a problem. I have the resources to make this happen."

Pausing a moment, she digests the words. A meeting? The fact that the Irredeemables wanted her head was no great suprise...she was a member of the alliance, and a meddler with their guild. Sighing softly, she reaches behind her neck, unhooking a fine silver necklace attached to a locket. Reaching out, she sets it next to the strange box, whispering.

"With this locket, I accept your offer, and show you proof that I am different from those that walk among us."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Chaindog looks at the locket and then asks softly, "Proof? What proof?" She tilts her head to the side a little like her wolf does when he is confused.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Smiling a bit sadly, she gestures to the locket.

"My true family...whom I haven't seen in almost thirty years..."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Chaindog gently picks it up and opens it to look at. She then closes it and places it back.

"Interesting, Chingaso lost his family, and you were lost to yours. Perhaps you have something to talk about after all."

She looks at Lelenia, "What is your family like? Is it the same as trolls?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Sighing softly, she leans back on her hands, eyes going distant.

"My parents were very caring. Mother taught me the healing ways, magical and non. My father taught me a few things of his parents, whom I try not to think of much. I use my knowledge of poisons and such to make antidotes instead of take lives. He also had...a gift that he passed on to me. Without prayers, reagents, or even any training, he had an ability to manipulate heat. They are not dead that I know of...their lifespan still has another three hundred years or so, but I still haven't found a way home to them...and don't know if I ever will. Mythos is the closest I have now, brothers and sisters. Mostly we're scholars, gathering information, exploring new areas, mapping out weaknesses of the Scourge and Burning Legion. Lately we've also linked up with the Cult of Kerahl to extend our explorations into Molten Core and Zul'Gurrub...hopefully into Ahn'Quiraj in the near future."

Smiling a little, she returns her gaze to Chaindog.

"But I digress. For me to say if my family is like a trolls', I must know what yours is like as well."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

"Trolls have many many many tribes. We are all different in many ways. I recently found out from a undead rogue that humans have this thing called 'marriage'. The term is still new to my tongue. I was raised not knowing about what this marriage is. I don't think it's a troll tradition. My mother, died giving birth to me. My father, a legend in his own right. He disappeared before I was born. His whereabouts are greatly rumored. So I was raised by the Revantusk tribe of the Hinterlands. I am a forest troll. Not a desert troll, or jungle troll, or even an ice troll." She paused to pull bottle of ice cold milk from her pack and takes a long drink.

"The tribe is all one family. We mate by taking trolls from other tribes to mate. There are special occasions in the troll calendar of the Revantusk Tribe that trolls from all tribes as welcome to visit. It is a time of mating, not a time for hatred. Mating rituals, naked dancing in front of the great fires and wild abandonment of clothing occurs." She grins a little, "I am told my father's choice of mate for that occasion was a great suprise amongst the tribes. Apparently my mother was determined to have him, and his lack of participation in the past wasn't going to deter her. I was told that he bares the scar of her teeth. Or at least that's how the legend goes."

She looks at Lelenia in the eye, "Are elves like that?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

She pulls out a pair of bowls as she responds, the larger one set in front of her mount, the smaller closer to Chaindog for her raptor. Out of her pack she pulls some boar meat, placing equally sized helpings out for the two.

"In all honesty, I know little of how lives were of my parents. My father was an outcast, leaving the home of his family when he was just growing into adulthood. Apparently, their entire existance was full of lies, deciet, and a constant struggle for power...the Queen liked it that way. My mother has no memory of her childhood for some reason, and so I know not of her ways. On top of all that, my father's heritage kept him from going into just about any other society...humans, and especially dwarves, would attack him on sight for the color of his skin. So we had a quiet life, my parents buying a remote cabin in some wooded lands. The humans in the area tolerated us because we helped without reward, never attacked anyone...but I doubt any of them will ever visit the cabin, or stop to aid if the cart breaks down. I pray that it's getting better for them, but I have no way of knowing."

She shrugs again, sipping some of the sunfruit juice she keeps handy before continuing.

"Of the Night Elves, I understand that untill the Third War, the males were actually in hibernation...mates are chosen for life, though I know not how or when such a thing occurs, and honestly have no urge to participate in any ceremony of the kind. The humans are too narrow-sighted, dwarves only care for mining, gnomes blow themselves up half the time, and the elves feel like they're better than everyone else...so I do not see myself forming a family unit of my own here."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Chaindog chuckles to herself softly and says, "Gnomes, yeah, I was in the gultch yesterday and shot one in the back while he was making off with the flag. My arcane shot hit him the pack, and he exploded. My wolf needed a bath after that one."

"Anyway, so what is it you do? You mentioned poisons, and that you like to cook. What else do you do?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Smiling a little, she makes a note to tell Treesunder to stop carrying so many explosives.

"Myself? I have mastered the arts of cooking and fishing, as well as first aid. My skill with a thread and needle are well enough that I made these robes I wear, and I've also found a knack for enchanting items. Mostly, though, I put my organizational skills to work with Silas, or running Mythos. And what of you? A leatherworker, and most likely a skinner, but that's all I know of Chaindog of the Grim."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

"I am a hunter of animals. I collect the abilites of each that I study. According to lore, I need only one more ability. The lightning of the Son of Hakkar. I love animals. They are true friends and never betray you." Chaindog says.

"Yes, I do skin and I craft Dragonscale armour. Though I wear not a piece of it. I have been working on my fishing and cooking. I tire of roasted quail, though my wolf will eat every piece of it."

"Have you any questions?"