Ashagga Wolfskin: Dreams and Preparations

Tales of Old.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Ashagga Wolfskin: Dreams and Preparations

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

As Sylvanus' lips parted from hers, Ashagga drew in a ragged breath that felt like razors in a throat raw from screaming. She looked down and found her wedding dress torn, her stomach distended with child. Sylvanus took her hand and led her from the mushroom-laden cavern.
They stepped from natural stone to carved rock, and Ashagga recognized the laboratories of the Royal Alchemists' Society. A number of Forsaken stood around an operating table. Sylvanus led her to the table, and she lay down. Grainger loomed over her, and she felt a sudden, sharp pain. The Steward tore open her stomach and reached inside. Ashagga watched impassively as the Forsaken pulled Ashagga from her own womb.
Suddenly, she stood amidst the Forsaken, looking down at herself strapped to the operating table. Ashagga noted that the orc on the table had no face. Glowing green bile lapped at her knees, flowing into the room from the Undercity's sewers. Sylvanus, Grainger, Chingaso, Syreena, Corian, and Seveir all stood with her. There were more, hundreds, all wearing the tabard of the Grim, but shadows concealed their faces. Behind them all stood an indistinct figure with a crown of fire and a sword of rage and sand.
Ashagga moved from Grim to Grim, scalpel in hand, choices flitting before her until she stood before Sylvanus. The orc lifted the scalpel and began cutting off the flesh of the Banshee Queen's face. When she was finished, she laid the face on her own prostrate form. Shadowy Forsaken handed her needle and thread, and she began sewing the face onto herself.
When she finished, the face of Sylvanus Windrunner opened her eyes and smiled.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Re: Ashagga Wolfskin: Dreams and Preparations

Waking again in Corian's chambers in Orgrimmar, Ashagga shook off the lingering dream. She was growing used to them by now... they came every night, always picking up where they left off. She looked at the empty bed beside her and sighed. Corian had been gone for so long, only returning for brief glimpses before vanishing again.
Her plan was growing, but she needed to gather the Grim, as many as would participate, so she could finish the details. It was important to her that she not merely defeat Blythe, not merely even kill him, but humiliate him and make a message of him.
No one assaulted the Grim.
Throwing on her leathers, she began making her way to the Grim guildhall. She plucked her hearthstone from her bag and spoke softly into it as the first rays of dawn broke over Orgrimmar.
"Grims, this is Ashagga. I'd like some help teaching a lesson to someone who tried to kill me. Anyone available and interested, meet me at the guildhall."

((This is now open RP. I know Chingaso'll be replying, and anyone else who wants to become involved, please feel free to reply here. When I have some idea of who is coming, I'll start filling in the plan.))
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Corian

I regret having to vanish so in the early hours of the morning... but war calls, and I must answer. Much will yet be required before we vanquish our enemies from all of our lands. Remember in those hours you are alone, that I go to war for you.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Grolish

Grolish hears the message over the hearthstone and replies.

"Ashagga, I will gladly lay waste to any that dare to lay a hand on a fellow Grim. The Earthmother willing, I will meet you in the guildhall at the appointed time."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Yichimet

Yichimet hears her voice over the heartstone and turns toward the guildhall. Even over the tinny sound of the stone he knew the tone of her voice: Vision. She was one of Vision, and he would talk to her. Perhaps it was time for another sapta to be mixed.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

When Ashagga arrives in the Grim guild hall, she sighs softly, looking at her hearthstone. Two responses. Two. Grolish and Yichimet... even Chingaso did not reply, and Corian only mentioned how he wished he were not so far away. So be it. Grolish and Yichimet would be her weapons against these villains.

She pulled up a chair and waited for their arrival. Plans began to form in her head. More than simple destruction... humiliation. Annihilation. Yichimet was knowledgable about the ways of the spirit, hmm. It was time to ask about the world after this one, and how best to prevent a soul's transport there.

Blythe had tried to kill her. Ashagga's vengeance would be vicious and it would last as long as did the Grim, if she had her way.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Chingaso

Chingaso her call and wake with start. Call Shaggy back. Hope Shaggy hear...
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Syreena

Syreena walked into the guild hall with Bear at her feet. The pup was trying to play tug-of-war with her boot while she walked. The little rogue nudged him, then offered Ashagga a smile as she sat down across from her.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Grolish enters the guildhall shortly after Syreena, looks around and spots Ashagga and Syreena sitting at a table. He walks over and sits with them.

"Hello Syreena, I hope the battles go well in the Gulch, Basin, and Alterac Valley. You came to help Ashagga too?"

He turns to Ashagga.

"So, what seems to be the trouble Ashagga?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Ashagga smiled at Syreena and Grolish, relief evident despite her attempt to hide it. She pulled one of her swords and began idly sharpening the blade.

"I don' know if yer know, but I been 'avin' some troubles wi' a pair o' thugs an' extertionists. They tried ter kill me. I gotten a lot stronger since then, but I ain't forgotten, an' I sure as Nether ain't forgiven."

She looked at the pair, hearing others murmuring from their hearthstone. "Chingaso an' Yichimet'll be along soon's they can, but I'll explain anyway, an' they c'n catch up. I want ter kill these buggers... an' I want ter humiliate 'em before they die. I want ter send a message ter anyone what messes wi' the Grim that they don' jus' mess wi' one member. They mess wi' all o' us."

Ashagga relates her troubles with Blythe and Brog, her violent encounters, and her trip into the river. By the end, her knuckles are white on the hilt of her sword.

"Any suggestions as to 'ow we ought ter deal wi' these two?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Chingaso enter guild hall just in time to catch last of Shaggy explain for Syreena and Grolish. Chingaso not speak yet, wait see what other say.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

She glanced about and, hearing no suggestions coming forth, nodded.

"I 'ave a few ideas. Brog's the easy one... jus' a thug. 'E's got some skill at sneakin', but I've caught up ter 'im and I c'n match 'im, no question. I was plannin' ter use Brog as stage one. It'll be a simple matter fer me ter catch 'im, gut 'im, an' use 'im as a warnin' ter Blythe. I know, the plan lacks some finesse, but I ain't doin' this fer subtlety.

"Now, Blythe's a different matter. I ain't never seen what 'e c'n do, but Brog follows 'is orders like a puppy, an' Brog ain't no pushover. I ain't never seen 'im in nuffin' but robes an' cloth, so I imagine 'e's a mage o' some sort. 'E's got that arrogant air."

She looked to Yichimet and Grolish. "This is where the two o' yer come in. Ter beat a mage, I need ter be wiser. I need ter learn a t'ing or two, an' I've researched a way." She reached into her pouch and pulled out a leather eyepatch, tossing it onto the table.

"I read about a Dalaran mage what gave up 'is eye fer wisdom... an' after that, 'e hung himself from a tree fer seven days ter gain more magic. 'E made deals wi' spirits an' combined magic of the shamans wi' 'is own blood ter gain power. I wanna try that."

She leaned back and waited for a response.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Syreena blinked at Ashagga. And then she blinked again and stared at her for a moment, sure she misheard her.

"You're going to cut your eye out and hang in a tree for a week?
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Ashagga's hand moves to the bag at her hip and the outline of the book within. Swallowing nervously, she nods.

"Aye." She wonders, herself, if she's gone mad, or if she's just desperate. "Except I can't do it meself. An' that's jus' the first part. After that... well, we'll see if I live."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Grolish is obviously shocked when Ashagga mentions sacrificing an eye and hanging from a tree for a week.

"Ashagga, do your really think that Blythe is that powerful? I haven't met too many mages that I can't beat into submission...especially if I get the drop on 'em. And with 5 of us?...That would be a stronger mage than I've ever known."

"I do have some ideas for their long and painful deaths...as a lesson to others, of course."