Endings Or Beginnings by Warneshi

Tales of Old.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Re: Endings Or Beginnings by Warneshi

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

Lupen spurred his Nightmare forward at a speed no faster than a walk and motioned for his comrades to do so as well. He was certain it was Pincus, and was none too pleased to see him here. Lupen did indeed admire Pincus for his skill and cunning in battle, envied him for his experience, and... Even slightly feared him for his power. Lupen would almost certainly lose against Pincus if a fight arose, that was not the concern. The concern was his unwillingness to follow Reg's warning. Pincus was an Irredeemable, and Lupen was not. Therefore, Pincus had control of him just as far as the arm of the Guild would extend to.

Finally coming into an appropriate distance, Lupen hailed Pincus, attempting to hide his worry from the overwhelming presence of the Nether coming from behind. "Sir," the Dread Mage began while placing both arms across his breast, the Forsaken's salute. "it is good to see you..." He paused, not knowing if to wait for a response and to jump on the matter, or to cover his words in lies. No, no, Pincus was far too intellegent to be blinded by a few bluffs.

Lupen quickly removed the Felcloth cover of the sword upon his Dreadsteed's back. "As you have no doubt felt, this is "The Blade" we have all heard so very much about." He sighed. "I won't lie to you, I know the severity of bringing this out in the open, and ignoring Reg's wishes to keep away from Sandscalp... The Blade would have been found sooner or later, and better to be found in the hands of a fellow Grim." Lupen glanced back toward his comrades and continued. "Yes, I realize I am at your mercy, in a way. These actions could lead to my execution, that I am aware."

Lupen sighed, finding such courage he had not seen in quite some time. "If this shell is not treated properly, and taken by one unable to handle its power, it could spell disaster for this world." He closed his eyes. "Sir, I ask you, allow me to finish my task with the Nether once more, and then I will be at your mercy." The words were like poison, a vile sting. "Mercy" was a terrible word, one Lupen never used in such a way. To put himself at the "Mercy" of another was foolish, but he did not wish to fight or kill his comrade, merely to aid a fellow Grim.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

And as all this occured... Skash and his new friend, oblivious to it all, slept peacefully.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

The scene that unfolded was set to be one of fire, shadow and most certainly death. Warneshi cocked his head as the events continued to be laid out before him. Pincus was mighty indeed, but Lupen was loyal at this point; the Dreadmage was to terrified of the cost of his failure. Warneshi let lose a sigh, his plans were to far along to be changed, and it seemed Pincus was going to cause some problems. Focusing himself, Warneshi called to his mother.

"Mother, Warneshi iss in need of you. Dorian musst not aquire Worneshi or all that we have planed will be torn down and we will start from the begining again. Stop thiss nonsenssse that unfoldss in the landsss of Durator. Warneshi will be your passsageway, teach Dorian and hiss alliess that no matter what they, they are alwayss the slavess, never the mastersss..."

The standoff continued, one power set against the next, it was in this silence that an even greater darkness took the field. Lupen and his allies had seen it before, the perpetual darkness, the shadows taking form; Warneshi was materialzing himself again. Lupen prayed the Tyrant was prepared, Dorian did not mess around when it came to controlling the nether spawns.

The Dreadmage and his allies winced, something was differant. Truely the form of shadows was Warneshi, but something was differant. The darkness was painful to look at, like it was trying burning their eyes from their skull and calling to their souls. Even Dorain and his own allies were caught off guard, what they sensed was not Warneshi, but something far darker.

The shade of Warneshi smiled at the gathered forces and spoke softly, but even his words spoken quietly; burned to the depths of the souls of those present.

"Greetingss again Lord Dorian, it iss nice to see you wissh to be involved in thessse precedingss. Warneshi iss sorry to tell you however, that what it iss you seek, doess not belong to you. The troll iss Warneshi'ss to usse, and you will not have him."

The shade turned to Lupen and took a far harsher tone with the Dreadmage.

"Yess Lupen, draw power from the blade. It will give you strength to do what you musst. Do not lissten to Dorian or hiss friendss, they seek the blade for their own purpossesss. Now lissten well, take that troll and Skassh and be gone from thiss place. You have been granted more time and you will usse it wissely. Hide the troll from all eyesss, and when Warneshi callss be ready, it will be time then."

The shade turned back to Pincus and cocked his head, allowing a smirk to spread across his lips.

"Now for you Dorian, someone wisshesss to speak with you, and you will do well to lissten to...her...wordss."

Warneshi's shade smiled deeply and kneeled down. All that watched could not turn their eyes away. It was as if the darkness that poured forth from the dirt of Durator devoured all semblence of existance, as if all that was there was just washed away. It was when this darkness ceased that the parties assembled felt their hopes drop, their courage whither, and their existance die. The shade had become something wholly differant, it was flesh and blood, but it was not Warneshi.

The female form stood slowly and surveyed the scene around her, she drank in the fear and despair she could feel it giving her strength. She smiled at the two parties, like a mother watching her children play.She turned her head towards Pincus, and began to walk slowly toawrds the corpse. He troll form was radiant, beautiful, the males that watched her could not help but want her.

She strode up to the mount of Pincus Dorian, the nightmare bowed its head and allowed this strange female troll to pet its neck. Looking up into Pincus's eye the troll smiled and caressed his check, speaking softly.

"Why my Lord Dorian, it has been to long since I have felt your power. Do you remember that day, so long ago when you tryed to chain my son, to keep me from this world. I have heard that you wish to interfere in my sons plans yet again. Now Lord Dorian, why would you wish to do such a thing?"

She watched the undead intently, her eyes seemed full of love for Pincus. However Pincus knew differantly, he felt her taint, he knew her power, and he most certainly knew what it was that now stood before him; Slys'Thok had come to this plane, and she did so for him...
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Lupen turned his head away from Slys'Thok, unable to contemplate her unending power. "The Third Dark..." He whispered to himself. "By the Great Old Ones, it is her..." Lupen, truely for the second time in his life, he was afraid.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Ashagga gulped, tightened her hands on her swords, and faded into the shadows. That... she'd never felt true evil before. She was one of the Grim, and they were mortal evil. She knew this, relished it, relished the sheer hedonistic abandon she felt when she indulged her sadistic whims... but THIS... this was something altogether worse, altogether more powerful.

Her throat was dry, her palms were sweaty, and her knees were shaking. She wanted to run. To the Nether with the Grim... she wanted to hide.

Gritting her teeth, she steeled herself. No. This was the reason they were here, this evil, and either it was trapping Warneshi or using him. This monstrous thing was the key to saving her fellow Grim. Lupen knew what he was doing.

As for Ashagga, well, she was a rogue. A rogue knows how to wait for the best time to act.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Pincus

"Surprises abound, and mistakes made," he thought to himself."I present Slys'Thok. Her power is great, and would make an added addition to your armies. Would you take her as payment for my debt to your master?"From the shadows behind the Forsaken, a humanoid figure walks forward. He stands as high as a human, but does not share the same features. Long ears, and greyish skin, the being also seemed to feature a tail."We will see what my master says, Scourge. He is particular on who he recruits." It waves its hand in the air and falls back into the shadow.The ground rumbles as a large being comes into view, towering over the Forsaken. The beast looks like a dragon with imposing wings, but something is different about this one.The Forsaken stands up straight. "Slys'Thok is yours." "The rest are to be subdued," he shouts.The air is filled with the sounds of shouting in Common and other tongues, and the sky begins to glow red.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Lupen immediately yelled toward his comrades, "Ambush, Grims! Dismount and defend yourselfs!" He grabbed Warneshi's blade and placed it upon his back. The Dread Mage frantically scanned the area. One massive demon, seemingly that of a Doomguard, a massive one. Lupen dug his right hand into his Felcloth Pouch and grabbed a single soul, that of a Gnome. The gnome visage inside of the shard was crying, its face stained with blood and tears, her clothes torn, her body beaten. Lupen grinned as he engulfed the shard with seething flames. "Come." He growled defiantly at the Demon.

The seconds between the flame leaving his hand and reaching the monster seemed like an eternity. Lupen contemplated Pincus' actions. "A deal with the Devils..." the Warlock thought. Any other being would be revolted at this act of unspeakable evil, dealing with something this sinister, possibly even the Burning Legion. Warlocks understood, they were not like the others. Many Warlocks tap the Nether's power, some even wish to be one with it... Lupen was among them. To call forth the troops of the Legion, to be one with the Twisting Nether... A Nightmarish vision of Paradise.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Slys'Thok watched the shadowy form step forward and then retreat again, she smiled as the sky's turned red and the draconic form took flight. She watched, and she smiled, always smiling. Turning her head back to face Pincus she laughed lightly and before the undead could act, he throat was held in her hand, and she embraced him from behind. Holding him close Slys'Thok whispered so lightly into Pincus's ear, like a mother scolding a child.

"Little one, you think to summon powers beyond me? Look at them, with their dragons and red sky's; have you yet learned that true power can only be felt, never beheld."

Cooing into his ear Slys'Thok tightened her grip on his throat and kissed his neck before she spoke again.

"Such a delicacy your power would be. So easy to drain, you would like that wouldn't you; to be one with my power. I have watched you Dorian, through your trials and tribulations, through your dealings with powers vast and undending. You think to insult me by calling forth those powers? Foolish one, do you not know the ones you call master are the same that I do as well? They hold no love or caring for you little undead. I am a Legion commander, you are nothing without the power we bless you with."

Laughing softly, Slys'Thok turned Pincus's face towards her own. Running a finger down the side of his face she took him close and kissed him. The world seemed to slow, the demons truning their heads towards the influx in power. No one understood what was occuring, but to Pincus it did not matter. Pincus was in a nirvana or power, corruption, and malice. Taking her lips away from his Slys'Thok narrowed her eyes and gave Pincus one last quant smile, and a few soft words.

"Taste it Lord Dorian real power untapped and all enveloping. It will be yours when I return with my full power to this world."

Drawing Pincus into a very close embrace, Slys'Thok almost let their bodies become one.

"I promise you far more should my son return. How long has it been since you felt what it was to be with a women? How long Lord Dorian? Your undead state will hold no barriers, for I can restore...choice areas. Help my son and you will know what it is to be Lord to a Lady who's power is endless. If my son shoudl fail, then not even your friends will save you, they will watch and enjoy as I show you what the nether does to its...disappointments."

With her words spoken, and one last kiss to Pincus's cheek, she dismounted and walked slowly towards where she had emerged. She smiled at the assembled beings, all seemed to stop and watch her, as if she was the only the reason to be in this place. Lifting her eyes up to the sky, she spoke soft words that seemed to echo across the realms of Azeroth, rattling all the being, giving them that sensation that something...was coming.

"Faire well all you beings of this world, for I have tasted it's air and walked it's earth. Soon I will return, far greater then I am now, very soon. Do not harm the troll that lays asleep, and not his allies. Return to the nether allies of Pincus, he will have no need of you."

The world itself seemed to darken as she dissappeared from view, born of darkness and swalloed by it. The scene was left quiet, the world hung in balance just waiting for someone to break the silence...
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Bloodshine

Bloodshine, Witch Doctor and Council to the Sandfury Empireknown to Warneshi’s father in days past, felt the darkness of Slys’Thok hit theland of Azeroth. The weight of the demon goddess’s evil washeavier than the largest mountain, and cast its shadow a thousand timesfurther. She had been following theevents with Warneshi since his disappearance, desperate to discern a way tobring the King back whole.

Zuruzuru, patron to House Sandshadow and her late daughter’spartner, faithfully kept pace with Lupen and his allies, following the strangeevents that led up to the point of Slys’Thok’s taunting control of the warlockPincus. His talents as a rogue kept himsafe and silent amongst the Grims and allies present, save for Slys’Thok, whohad been well aware of his presence. Theothers, even keen Lupen, had not been aware of his presence as he tailed them. Zuruzuru contacted Bloodshine through thestone she had given him, noting their location. The old shaman was on her way in an instant, and arrived as Slys’Thok disappeared. Although Bloodshine stayed a good distancefrom the group, the old troll’s eyes met the beautiful orbs of the goddess forjust a moment as the figure of Slys’Thok darkened back into the shadows fromwhence she came. Bloodshine’s heartsank. She would be hard pressed to dowhat it was she came here to do.

As Zuru remained hidden and blended within his surroundings,his eyes widened. Since the start ofthis he had remained silent and obedient to Bloodshine’s direction despite thedark stories Lilliana had told him of Warneshi’s past, and the tale of Slys’Thok. His eyes were dark red slits of hatred asSlys’Thok spoke, despite the desire he felt for the female troll that had materializedbefore them. As her form left thisworld, Zuru’s taloned hands went to his daggers. The silence nearly broke them all, and therogue opened his mouth…
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Syreena heard Lupen's order to dismount and defend herself, so she slid from Bones' back and into the shadows, moving away from the skeletal horse. She saw Pincus and Warneshi's mother, but she focused on the demon that Lupen was attacking. Silently, she remained in the shadows a few yards from Lupen's side, slowly edging closer to the demon with her daggers at the ready.

She was troubled and confused by Slys'Thok's appearance. The demon, however, should be nothing more than a minor problem with Pincus and Lupen here to control it. But who had setup the ambush that Lupen announced? And who had Pincus ordered the demon to subdue? The thought that other Grims might actually try to stop Lupen's group from reaching their goal had never crossed her mind.

The little rogue was relieved when Slys'Thok moved away from Pincus. Now the Irredeemable could help them deal with the demon, so they could get on with the task of bringing back Warneshi.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Zuruzuru

As if some phantom from the realms of Spirit, Zuru walked from nowhere to stand amongst his associates in the Grim. His eyes burned a smoldering red as he cast a disapproving look to those around. Since Lilliana's passing, few had seen the rogue, but those that had known him saw none of the raucous, swashbuckling pirate in the scarlet gaze of the troll before them. Zuru pulled his mask down from his face with a quick jerk, pulled a dagger from its sheath and tossed it into the ground where Slys'Thok had dematerialized. The rogue snorted and spat in disgust.

"So this is the Grim, eh? What's so Grim about a bunch a' layabouts who sit around and soil their loinclothes at the sight of a demon?" The rogue smirked mockingly at the assembly around him. "I make no claim t' understand half a' what happened here, but when somethin' needs killin', I know it. I also know that I swore my blade to the aid of the Grim, and in that time I seen two fall under all a' our watches. 'Lest ya all forgot about Lilliana. Rest assured....I didn't."

The rogue stepped to where he had plunged his weapon into the earth and retrieved it, sliding it harshly back into its holster. The demoness' presence still lingered in the air, bleak and malevolent, but Zuru's heart had grown cold to such things as fear. Only one thing mattered to him now; the troll that once chased dreams now only chased ghosts.

"I've said enough. My daggers will stand with the fool brave enough t' get the Old King back, even if we have t' cross a thousand hells t' do it. Any who aren't behind the notion....if ya ain't got 'em already, grow yerselves some teats and become wet nurses." Zuru looked again to the crowd, his eyes lingering on Lupen for a moment before settling an accusing gaze upon Pincus. "Cowards," said the troll as he stalked away, the word dripping like acid from his tongue.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Warneshi watched the moments that his mother once again touched Azeroth; fear, and despair echoed across the realm that was his home. Warneshi closed his eyes and breathed in the sweet aromas, he yearned to swallow them, swallow the whole world whole. When Slys'Thok departed back to the nether Warneshi continued to watch and learn, and hunger. The appearence of Bloodshine was a welcome one, Warneshi knew the old troll wouldn't let this just happen, but Zuruzuru, that one did surprise Warneshi. Warneshi had known he was present, and that Zuru had been hunting Warneshi ever since Lilliana's death; however it surprised Warneshi to see the rogue being so brash, and careless. Warneshi let a smile cross his lips, he knew the emotion that fell off Zuru in waves. The pirate troll tried to hide it behind cold steel and a cold heart, but despair, agony, regret, he reaked of all these things. As cold hearted as Zuru thought himself to be, Warneshi knew the weakness in an instant.

Reaching out yet again across the cosmos, using the blade as his conduit, Warneshi spoke to his most trusted servent; Lupen.

"Lupen, you have done well so far, remember you musst get that troll free of thiss area, for he iss Worneshi and Warneshi'ss brother. Something elsse it seemss hass fallen into your lap ass well. Look to the pirate Zuruzuru and the shaman Bloodsshine, they are going to be mighty alliesss in the future. Zuru iss filled with regret and hatred over the losss of Lilliana, you will ussse that to your advantage. Have him get Worneshi away swifty and in a way only he can manage, Zuruzuru knowss many secretss about moving thingss that should not be seen. Do thiss Lupen, our time iss coming to a closse."

Warneshi knew, as always, that Lupen would do what was expected of him. Now it was time to gain some new friends. Warneshi turned his attentions to the easier of the pair, Zuru.

"Zuruzuru, hear thiss voice and know it iss your king. You let agony and pain cloud your visssion. Her losse wass a terrible thing indeed, but only one thing can bring her back, and you know what that thing iss. Her soul fed Warneshi, and ass such only Warneshi can resstore her. Do not through wordss at thossse that would stop Warneshi'ss return, you only bring about susspicion, for you are going to be of vital importance to thiss tassk. Look to the troll that ressembless Warneshi, he iss the key. See him safely away from thisss place for Pincuss huntss him. Lupen will insstruct you further, and do ass he sayss for he iss firsst to have sought to assissst Warneshi. Do thiss and she will be returned to you."

Cackling Warneshi turned his sights finally on one of his oldest enemies, Bloodshine. She would be more difficult to coerce, but Warneshi knew a way to entice her.

"Bloodsshine, yess feel thiss power, reconize thiss voice. You know it, so Warneshi need not say anymore. Warneshi hass been called to the hallss of hiss mother, that iss where he hasss been for thiss time. A prissoner, a willing one, ussing thiss place to plane a downfall that could only be attained through thiss kind of sacrifice. You musst help Warneshi in thiss, for your daghterss sake, and the sake of the king you loved, Ukorz. Warneshi knowss how to defeat her, and he musst return to Azeroth to do so. Look to Lupen, he will offer greater intructionss, for he iss paramount amongssst Warneshi'ss serventss, and the mosst loyal. Her end iss at hand, but you musst help Warneshi in order to see that come to fruittion."

Warneshi watched all thosse in the plainss of Durator, he watched ass hiss stringss wound and wove themselvess amongsst all that were gathered. They danced to hiss tune, and soon that tune would end.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

((I am completely confused on who is still standing around))

Guduk approches on his Kodo, the old beast moving as quickly as its old legs can carry the heavy Tauren. The Warrior reaches down to pat the Kodo's flanks and he mutters "Just a little further, good friend"

Once Guduk rides into sight, his eyes narrow as he takes in the scene, unsure what is going on, he slides off his Kodo and pulls on his claw and shield, ready to defend himself and anyone else who appears in trouble.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Malstrom

High and deep in the Alterac Mountains, Malstrom's meditation is broken.

He peers to the sky. He smells the wind. He listens to the earth. The firelight flickers for a moment. Malstrom quickly douses the flames with water from a clay pot.

In darkness and silence, he listens, smells, tastes. He recognizes the fear. The despair. The Oracles speak to him, and only he hears. The elements warn him, and only he knows. There is no sound, other than the crackling of a dying fire.

He sighs quietly and mounts his raptor. It will be a long journey back to the guild hall but he should be with the Grim at a time like this.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

((Now now Warneshi... I come from a long line of writers... I have it covered without resorting to sweeping...))The temptation barely bothered the Forsaken. What did, however, was Slys'Thok actions towards the exchange with the unworldly warlock. Her brazen disregard for the situation indicated to the Forsaken either of her arrogance, or her idiocy. Both of which are traits that lead to failure.He raised his right hand in the air, and twitched his bony index finger, summoning those from the shadows. Around the collected group, humans and gnomes, Forsaken and orcs converged on the small group of Grim.Two humans flanked the Forsaken, one a seemingly familiar face from Ratchet, the other unknown. Both warlocks had their felhunters at their side, their tendrils snapping at the air.The Forsaken opened the Book again and muttered a few words. A flash of purple light, and the smell of sulfur filled the air. The two humans seemed to nod, looking much relieved, then point at Lupen."Guduk, it is hard to miss someone as large as you. Take the rest of them and search for Skash. The dolt is in more trouble than he realizes. Lupen, however, will stay here. He has to...face his punishment.""As for the rest of you, I would strongly suggest you leave, peacefully. These proceedings do not concern you."The snapping and thrashing of the fenhunter's tendrils become more frantic. The familiar face points at Syreena.Pincus sood upright, something he has only done on rare occasion. His facial features more apparent; more human than most Forsaken, more twisted than most humans. "I believe both Syreena and Lupen are to remain here, Guduk. It would be best you leave," Pincus said in an icy and serious tone."Now."