Endings Or Beginnings by Warneshi

Tales of Old.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Re: Endings Or Beginnings by Warneshi

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

Lupen turned and did not seem suprised at Warneshi's shade. He then smirked and contemplated Guduk's words. "Yes, of course, brother." He spoke slowly, eyeing a series of runes on his left arm. "It is difficult, in any respect. To create a secure portal requires not only souls and blood of the Demon's true foe... But also a living sacrifice." Lupen grinned madly as he contemplated those he could give to the Nether. The Warlock's tone became much more serious as he uttered, "Be forewarned, this is a dangerous task, and could injure or kill many of us."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

*Trilok fills with laughter, filling the room. Though still stern and serious, he laughed.. impervious to the unnatural darkness.*

"You think I am trapped? Huh Hah ha!! A fool you are Tyrant. I am more free than you could ever imagine!"

*energy begins to eminate from Trilok, the darkness begins to fight to shroud him*

"You use darkness and fear to try to intimidate me? You say you are still the same Tyrant as before, yet you use fear tactics? Games you cannot play unless you are working WITH Slys'Thok? Do not play me, Weakling. I see through your games."

"You speak of Slys'Thok watching me, but you act as if I *care* that I am watched. I am here on this world to do my purpose, if some demon wishes to watch me undo everything it wishes to accomplish, so be it. It can shiver and quake knowing I am here, Doing what I came here to do. But even more so. Only a fool would state to everyone here.. To LUPEN, to Syreena.. To your Nephew... that you are with Slys'Thok. Slave or not, you are not 'free' to speak to us, you are working with her, your will or not. I may be talking to Slys'Thok, or Warneshi, but listen closely. You have just told your alliances here in this room that you are dangerous and that you are not in your own control, nor have you shown that you are imprisoned. But you have shown to everyone here that bringing you from the nether is a mistake. Call me a fool, See if you can find a reflection in the nether. I hear they are scarce, who would want to gaze upon something hideous and ugly?"

*as the energy continues... Warneshi's malice falls short of Trilok, unable to connect*

"As for your two evils? While there may be two evils, there are also a few greaters. Namely me, Trilok, The Protector. I continue to serve the earth and all of its being. More stands before you than you think. You see bodies of flesh and bone, and you *think* that is all you have to conquer. Try adding in the force of nature, my wrath.. as well countless spirits that still reside here. Both evils are 'lesser' in my eyes, for I work for the Greater."

"Remember me Warneshi, Tyrant of your 'servants'.. for I am Nature. I am the Predator, I am the Storm. I am the Forces that block your path. Attempt to waste the earth.. Then Prepare yourself before me, As I unleash my Wrath!"

*Trilok continues to stare directly at the shade of the former Tyrant.*
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Never more than an arm's length from Lupen's side, Syreena continued to listen to the argument, shocked at what she was hearing, especially from Trilok.

"Warneshi is a Grim. Why won't you help him? We all helped bring Lupen back last spring. But we're to leave Warneshi to the demons and...forget about him?" she questioned the druid and the others, genuinely confused. "What if there was something wrong with me? Would you refuse to help me too?"

Suddenly she stopped, coming to a bitter realization. She frowned as she ran her hand down her right side, and she turned away from the other Grims. She reached for Lupen, pulling his arm lightly in the direction of the door.

"I will help you," she muttered quietly, still tugging on his arm. "Can we go now? Let's go. Please?"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Well, this was foolish, but Syreena made a point that stung Ashagga. Grims help Grims. Ashagga stepped out of the shadows, abandoning stealth in favor of taking a stand. She moved to stand beside Syreena, her friend, the woman who helped her when she needed it, and nodded at Trilok.

"Aye, Grims 'elp Grims. Maybe Warneshi is possessed by 'is mother, an' maybe not, but either way, we ain't gonna abandon 'im. We'll bring 'im back, an' then we'll go from there."

She smiled at Syreena and nodded at Lupen. "If me blades c'n 'elp, then I's yours."

Besides, maybe Warneshi could help her in return...
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Trilok

*retorts*
"Because he is a Grim? So was Licidion."

"He killed Snowfeather."

"Ask Yichimet."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Lupen's eyes met those of Syreena's, he nodded at her request to leave. In honesty, he had wished that fewer Grims had noticed their presence. All was not lost, though Warneshi may have made a powerful Enemy in Trilok, Lupen had gained an Ally, Ashagga. He turned toward Ashagga and nodded, motioning her toward the door. In a desperate attempt to disengage the conversation he simply said, "We have no time for such foolishness, brother." His tone consumed with spite. "Warneshi is a Grim, he will always remain as such. Our goal is Peace Through Annihilation, Warneshi is aiding in our ideals." He stopped and announced to the Grim Halls, "We are your comrades, I, Dread Mage Lupen am to free our Brother, Warneshi Sandscalp, from his Nether Prison. Come if you wish to aid... Begone if you wish to interfere."

He sighed a bit, and opened the door, the first to walk out and prepare himself for a long trek over Azeroth.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

There wasn't much more to say, if Trilok was so willing to abandon one of the Grim. She'd personally bring that up later. Ashagga squared her shoulders and glared at Trilok with her good eye before following Lupen and Syreena out.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

The Shade smiled and noded at Trilok.

"Your ressolve iss ass strong ass ever tauren. Stand againsst thiss if you wissh, Warneshi will not hold that againsst you. You care for the nature of thiss world, and that iss wisse, for ass Warneshi said, he would do much to dissrupt it. Slyss'Thok however will desstroy it. Your choice Trilok, but in your inaction thiss world will be unmade. Slay well brother."

The Shade turned and faced the remainder of The Grim assembled.

"The wordss of Trilok and Regnanetah are spoken out of caution, they undersstand much, but choosse to ignore a simple fact. Thiss world will suffer ass it alwayss hass, either at the handss of Warneshi, or at the handss of Slyss'Thok. The choice iss yourss jusst ass much ass it iss Trilokss and Regnanetahss. Do ass you will Grimss."

The Shade waxed and waned and Warneshi left all assembled with one final line...

"She iss coming Grimss...be ready..."

Warneshi smiled as he felt himself settle back into the Nether. All was working as it should, distrust and discent were filtering throughout his old comrades. The ones that did his bidding now had the motivation he wished them to have, the motivation of loyalty. They would help him, if just to prove their own power, worth, and loyalty. Sighing, Warneshi turned his attention back to the scene left in his wake. He waited eagerly the moment it all blew up.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Trilok

"Lupen!"

"You and others say it would be wrong to risk the death of Warneshi, yet in order to bring him back without Slys'Thok, you say we must band together, which in turn will risk MULTIPLE Grim Deaths. My option is to find another way, yours is to slay grims, aside from needing a sacrifice. Ashagga are you willing to Sacrifice your life along with Syreena's and other grim's to bring him back? Or would you rather look for an alternative? Your choice puts her life and other grim's lives in danger."

"Guduk, which do you sway? Go with lupen and risk a powerful demon escaping? or Grim deaths?.. or with me to find a way through this mess?"

*so anyone may hear him*
"Warneshi himself just presented to you all, He *Will* attempt to destroy this world, you are apart of this world, which means you are included in his destruction. As for his mother coming? If she had the means to come, she would be here by now, instead Warneshi is tricking you. By bringing the Tyrant back right now.. he is her Gateway to this world. Bring him back and THEN Slys'Thok will be with us. Find another way Grims, Or you will be responsible for the death of this world."
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Regna-N'Etah closed the book he had been reading. A plan had begun to form...it would be risky..and for much of it would require the aid of others. He begin to pack quickly. There wasn't any time to be wasted, he would need to contact those that could aid him. If the voices that had come to him through the air were correct, Lupen and Syreena were not to be trusted...yet. He would make his way out and find Lord Dorian. If any of the fel summoners could help him, he could.

Regna-N'Etah opened up a portal into the undercity, stepped through, and headed for a place known only to him, he carefully took out the blade he had hidden there. He hadn't used the blade since the days of snowfeather and Licidion, as there had been little use for a blade built and ensorcelled to destoy demons. With his old blade at his side, he begin to head to the Royal Apothecary Society. Lord Dorian was an Alchemist, and they might know where he was. Until he knew more, he couldn't yet walk the grim halls safely.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Time...always Warneshi had time, it seemed it was begining to run thine, just like the Tyrants patience. His attempts to gather more allies had failed, but had given him perhaps something more valuable; the knowledge of who stood against him. Within that knowledge in hand Warneshi knew it was time to out step his enemies and return. Calling into Lupens mind, Warneshi took a calm tone, as if to remind Lupen all of this was just as he planned...

"Lupen it iss time, we know thosse who stand againsst uss, thosse that would blind themselvess to truth and bring the desstruction of your world. Now it iss time for uss to take that power away from them. You know much in the wayss of summoning, and Warneshi will teach you a bit more. Firsst however we will need a proper...hosst. Search the areass of the new bloodss, find a troll he will not know you, but you will know him. When you look upon him you will know. Take him and hold him, he will be the meanss with which Warneshi enterss thiss world."

Warneshi smiled, no matter how much time he lost, he still had far more then his advisaries.

Worneshi breathed a sigh of relief, the last razormane that jumped him was dead. He thanked the spirits for his shield spell. Blessing his companion one last time, the troll priest made his way back to Razorhill. He was tired and a nice hammock in the inn would do him just right. He could not help but keep looking over his shoulder from time to time, always it felt like someone was watching him.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

The sun beat down over The Barrens, making the plains more inhospitable for the Forsaken riding eastward from The Crossroads.It had been a while since he has visited his human counterparts in Ratchet. However, a very frightened goblin convinced him to return."It has been a while, Strahad." The Forsaken said with grace. "What news do you have for me?""It appears that one of your compatriots is consumed by power, and is becoming reckless. He must be delt with.""I know. I do not know if his lust for power, his faciniation for a Return, him ignoring the dangers of his demons, or the Plague taking hold again, but it is posing a danger to us all. I will find a way to deal with him." The Forsaken said in a cool tone."He seems to be completely lost. He is trying to deal with that fel troll in your midst. Trying to control the demon that he is. He must be delt with, if not by you, I will ensure a human will.""Interesting." The Forsaken noted, "His will was always weak. However, this gives me an opportunity, if I can strike at the right time.""Yes, the fel troll would be a powerful ally Lord Dorian. I have something that may help. It was always a shame that your library was burned. However, fires need to be started by someone, and everyone has a price."Strahan produced a worn, leatherbound book from under his robes. A cold wind swept over Ratchet from the sea, and the sun became less bright. The eyes of the old Forsaken widened a bit."Hmm. It seems that the Armies of Stormwind made a fatal mistake. An act that will cost them dearly. Does the Burning Legion know of its existance? The mages of Dalaran?""No. It has been kept by me all these years. Noone expected your return after your self-imposed exile. Your work lives on, and it is only fair you are reconnected with it.""Thank you, brother. I am indebted to you for the return of this book. It will assist greatly in what must be done next."With a quick muttering of words, Lord Dorian was mounted and riding towards The Crossroads.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Guduk stands quietly and watches on, he grumbles his displeasure of the situation once Warneshi fades from view, He looks to Trilok "I am unsure where to stand. But caution is always a good way to go. And Grim sacrifice is just a step back to where we begin, a member returned, but a member lost."

Guduk shakes his head "I do not think i will help Lupen in what he does." he then turns to look at the departing group "But i will look over them and if things get out of control, i'll step in the way, as i always do for the Grim."

Guduk grunts and looks to Trilok "You may be a force of nature to barrier the way... But I am a barrier of metal which may be just as hard to bite through" he grims slightly and moves to follow Lupen's group.

"And i have this claw to bite back with too"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

by Skash

Skash was bored, and that was never a good thing. His boredom had brought him back to the Barrens, back to his old stomping grounds. He went about patrolling the lands on Simba, always on alert for young heros in trouble or for a gnome to boot. The pigmen, an enemy of the horde ever since the orcs landed in the barrens years ago, were a favorite place for Skash to "relax".

He approached Razorhill with a rather wicked grin on his face. Skash looked around, seeing how the battles fared for the young ones battling the pigmen. Skash spied a troll priest, apparently quite exhausted from a current struggle. His keen eyes then spotted a lone hunter lying in wait behing some nearby bushes, his bow lined up on the priest. Skash immediately dismounted Simba and pulled his axe and shield. Letting loose a vicious battle cry, Skash charged in. "Yous sissy! If'n yous gonna fight da horde fight'em face ta face! Skash show yous a ting or six!" The battle was brutal and short. The markings on Skash's shield were indented on pigman hunter's face. Skash looked up at the priest and cackled gleefully. "Yous got ta look to da shadows an bushes sometimes troll! Dese piggies likes ta hide dere! Dis one was aimin ta take yas head clean off!"
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Worneshi eyed the orc with joy, he did afterall just save his life. Dusting himself off and standing, the troll made as elequent a bow as he could manage; Worneshi could not help but smile again realizing he towered over the orc. Standing up straight yet again and picking up his club, Worneshi spoke happily to Skash.

"I thank you orc, it seems you have come upon me in just the right moment. My name is Worneshi, and well as you can imagine I am new to these lands. However I know that the inn nearby serves very nice drinks if you would allow me to buy you one for saving my life."

Worneshi smiled at the Orc some more and was releaved that perhaps he would make some friends in this land. He could not help to shake the feeling that there was something very sinister about it all...