Ascension by Warneshi

Tales of Old.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Ascension by Warneshi

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

((Sorry it took me so very long to get my RP story for my leaving up, been busy as all get out, but here it is, also timed around Ashagaa's mentions of using Sul'Thraze in her post. I will admit it made me get my butt in gear and use what little free time I got to post this, thanks Ashagga.))

The cool desert air blew soflty over the dunes of Tanaris, it sang it's Siren song trying to tempt the living into venturing it's wastes; one figure stood strong against the sandstorm, hunched on a rock outcropping observing the tempests fury. Warneshi Sandscalp sighed against the inside of his head wrapping, in his younger years the sandstorms had served as his most trusted allies, he would use them to move around the desert stalking what pray did not hide from the storms. Now the storms only seemed to annoy him, they did not realize the change in him, still they called as if he were the young king he once was, impulsive, headstrong, bloodthirsty, they begged him to dance with them, take lives with them.

Warneshi shook his cloak to free it of the sand. The storm had passed sometime ago but still the Tyrant only watched the night sky, he did not know what it was he sought, only that he might find it there. All it reminded him of was the large empty feeling he carried with him at all times now. He had freed himself of his mothers evil and he had rejoiced in that fact. He had rejoiced, he had aged, he had suffered, and now in a short time it seemed, he would die. His bodies aging had been expected, but the affect it had taken on the King was not. Warneshi had looked forward to relaxing more, taking time to rest, taking time to age; but when all of the sudden he had felt on top of his deathbed, he knew something had not gone the way he planned.

Warneshi shook his head to clear his thoughts and placed a hand to one of his throwing axes, soft movements in the sand behind him had brought him out of his musings. The footfalls belonged to someone who knew the desert, they barely made a sound, or something more supernatural, Warneshi hoped for the former. Turning his head his eyes feel on a robbed man, whom seemed more sickly then alive. He limped slightly and managed a coughing motion, almost no sound. Warneshi narrowed his eyes on the form and prepared to make his move, supernatural it seemed.

The form that was about the size of a human stopped 10 feet short of the Tyrant and raised it's head, he was far more sickly then Warneshi anticipated, the man seemed to be almost dead in front of him. The slight man's wirey mouth formed into an even more wirey smile.

"Desert King, at last I have found you, alone even, except maybe for your thoughts."

The small man coughed slightly then returned his lips to that same grin, his voice sounded like crunching gravel underfoot, much more sickly. Warneshi did not respond only slide his other hand to another throwing axe.

"Now now, I do not come before you with the intent harm, even though it could be done easily. I have come to help you, you are dying and it will not be long now. I can help you, save you if you will. I know your life has been just full of things like me promising good things, but I do not mean to grant you anything that you could not soon attain yourself."

Warneshi held his tongue and prepared to make his move, he had heard words like these dozens upon dozens of times, this thing was a demon, and their whispers sounded all the same.

"I see you will not hear the sense in my words, then I will have to show you sense in action."

Warneshi leaped for the man, bringing his axes around and preparing to release them, he felt...something...horrifying. His whole body ceased to fly to the air and instead crashed to the ground his mouth opening wide in cry's of agony. Warneshi had not yelled in pain for many many years, and here he was crying out like a stuck pig.

"Do you see now? Do you understand now? Without her power you are nothing, she taught you this. It was by your corruption and the use of other forces that you were free the first time, but still even then you knew it was only a matter of time. You thirsted for that power the second you became mortal, you have just buried it is all, but here let me dig it up for you, let me remind you that you can not escape what you are."

Warneshi curled into a tight ball his teeth grinding so hard a few cracked, he felt ...empty, but in the worst way. He felt his body being sucked in on itself, he felt his whole existence being pulled in reverse. He could not understand the pain, all he knew is that it consumed him.

"Now you will listen, or like this you will be for the rest of your short life. I have interest in you, for your potential is great and wasted in that mortal shell. Your mother was powerful but arrogant, she did not fear what she should of. You used all you knew to kill her, if she had known you could affect that many she would of took a knee a long time ago. I want that power, I want your servitude in exchange for the return of what you have lost plus more. Your mortal blood was thick, but intertwined with the immortal fire of your mothers blood, I could expand your power, adjust your form. Mortality would not hinder you whatsoever, you would transcend, you would be whole, you would be what you have always been meant to be."

Warneshi tried to slow his breathing, the pain was still subsiding but his attention was rapt. He had heard and contemplated every word. He had fought so hard and long to be free, the path had been paved in blood and bodies, and the man had spoken true, he had used them all. He respected many, but he knew the truth, he knew the value of using those around you to attain your goals. To corrupt, to undermine, to manipulate, he had done it with many, he wore his false faces better then his real one. It was the truth also, he had felt the emptiness growing and fought the hunger, but soon it had taken his mind, the void needed filled and he could not find a means to do so. What this man offered was salvation, and a means to an end.

Warneshi raised his head slightly.

"You speak to truth, Warneshi would be lying if he said you didn't. To asscend, to become something more hasss been a dream for many yearss, and to do it free of her power, that hasss been Warneshi'ss goal. He iss hiss own power now, and Warneshi will usse it. Fill thiss void, give Warneshi back himsself. You were right, Warneshi cannot hide from who he isss."

Smiling his wicked smile, he took Warneshi into his embrace, the troll was far more massive then he but he managed to fight his arms around Warneshi's waste. The man sighed and Warneshi sniffed it in the air, he felt the nether gathering itself, felt it focusing on him, he knew this ectasy, and he missed it so. His blood burned with the power, he felt his body heal, rejuvinate, he felt his years melt away, but there was more, he felt the weights of mortality lift yet again but this time he felt them melt away completly. His emotions melted away, his needs, all he felt was his drive, his drive for power, his drive to corrupt and to consume. Looking out across the desert Warneshi felt no pain, no lose, he simply looked to the slight man and watched as portal opened with a slight crack.

"You will know this plane again, but for now let you spread your corruption amongst the mortals, your blade is your conduit, corrupt and subjugate, gain a following, gain a name; then one day we may find a greater use for you...Warneshi The Corrupter."

Warneshi smiled slightly and nodded at the man, he stepped through the portal to his own little chunk of the nether. His mothers holdings had been divided up among many of the other lords and ladies that shared her realm, but it seems this man had found a way to attain some of it for Warneshi's use. Warneshi smiled as two Succubus servants approached him bowing when they drew near, Warneshi surveyed his holdings, one day he would take as much as his mother, and more.

Closing his eyes he reached out across the barriers of the plane, to his relic, his legacy in the mortal realms. Sul'Thraze the Lasher, he reached out to it and began his corruption, he awaited the day someone would take it, and then slowly it would begin.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Re: Ascension by Warneshi

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

by Gex

Desert King? Hmm.. Tyrant for certain.. It is good to hear your voice.