Tales of Old.
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

The Life Of A Highborne by Aest

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

Introduction:

All of the newly formed House Ressan walks in a formation along a completely
uninhabited Eastern Kingdoms. The formation consists of Horse chariots
carrying nobleman, and many supplies. Followed by many Night Elf slaves. In the very front, is Highlord Alibar Ressan, the leader of his house mounting a Horse with Jet and Gold Armor, Behind him, on the same horse is his Mistress, the reknowned Dread Magus Anarona Ressan, carrying a newborn infant in her hands.

The time is -7300. The time of the Highborne's banishment from Night Elven society. House Ressan was formed on one principle: The enslavement of Night Elves to do the menial tasks of Highborne Society, and thus, were the very first wave of Highborne to be banished.

Anarona had just given birth to Alibar's first, and only son. They named him Aest. Some many years later, House Ressan had become extremely successful. The House had over 750 followers, and 30 slaves. Quel'thalas was founded and Aest had spent many centuries being tutored by his mother and father, along with the very best of High Elf society. His father, however was more strict than all of the others. With even the slightest mistake, Aest would be severely beaten with a club.

However, Aest was destined to greatness nonetheless. The severe beatings he received only contributed to him stiving to be absolutely flawless. Over the milleniums, Aest had studied philosophy, Mindflaying, War Tactics, and Interpretation along with many obscure languages. He studied at countless universities, as well as being tutored by the absolute best.

But the Ressan family was divided. Aest grew further away from his father from
the beatings his received, and very close to his mother for her unconditional love.

Our story begins with a young, (at least for Highborne standards) Aest, spying on his mother and father in thier bedroom, having an arguement..
Keeper Of Lore
Lost

Re: The Life Of A Highborne by Aest

Unread post by Keeper Of Lore »

Chapter 1:

Aest was woken up in the wee hours of the morning, by his mother andfather having a rather loud argument, coming from their personalquarters. Aest, not too long ago, had placed a scrying crystal in theirroom, just because he felt the need to. He had not used the crystaluntil now. Aest turned it on, completely unaware of what he was aboutto see..

"You pitiful wench! I always knew you didn't like me! I should kill you where you stand!", his father said.

"Our boy has done nothing but try his hardest, and excel, yet you beat him every day!
He tries his hardest and all you do is give him more scars. I am onlystill a part of this house for him!" Aest's mother screamed.

"That's it! You will die!"

The next thing that happened, was Aest's father ripping the clothes offof the Dread Magus and holding her down on the bed. Aest knew her fate,and shut down the Scrying Crystal, unable to watch. Aest lied down onhis bed in the fetal position, not imagining how cruel his father couldpossibly be. That he would humiliate and slaughter his own wife. Theonly noice he could hear were the horrified screams of his mother, andsoon after, nothing. Aest cried himself to sleep that night.

The next morning, Alibar came into Aest's room, woke him up, and startled him by yelling.

"BOY!"

Aest woke up, grabbed a Polearm from the side of his bed, and assumed afighting stance standing on top of his bed, in all but about threeseconds. Shortly after, he realized it was his father, but still heldexactly as he was.

"Sit down you idiot before I send you outside to be whipped. I need to tell you something."

Aest placed his Polearm beside the bed, and sat down, still wary.

"Your mother was killed last night by an assassin. It was a Night Elf. The assassin got away."

Aest glared at his father, knowing the truth.

"It is a shame, really.. Too bad. That is all." Alibar said before walking out of Aest's
bed-chambers with a smug smirk on his face.

"A shame!? A shame!? That is what he thinks? He doesn't even have theballs to tell me he was the one who killed her?!" Aest thought tohimself..

"I will avenge her, behead my father, and hang it outside Ressan Keep. It may not be soon,but it WILL Happen."