Musings

Tales of Old.
Aureilya
Lost

Musings

Unread post by Aureilya »

By Kethryvaris 6/4/2008

*kethry sat outside in the rain, heedless of the inclimate weather surrounding her. Her thoughts were turned entirely inward, and she sat with a glazed-over expression as she mulled over things*

"Too nice for my own good...I swear. Homeless or not, what was I thinking? Ugh. I barely know the woman."

She thought briefly of how irritated she was when people addressed her as 'Minion' and not by her name. She figured it was just how they did things around here, and she'd better start getting used to it.

War was not a democracy. It was a dictatorship. You could either fall in line, or get sent back where you came from.

Kethry shuddered at the thought. She knew, somehow, that she did NOT want to go back where she had come from.

"They're right...I need to grow up, or I'm going to get eaten alive out here..."

The rain fell harder, and the Warlock did not notice.

Then again, there were a lot of things she didn't notice these days.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Musings

By Zelaine

Zelaine walked through Shattrath, she left most of her belongings in storage in Silvermoon, just the essentials. It was raining...what was with all the damn rain lately? She noticed the outline of a young woman in the distance, soaking in the rain. She made her way closer, her netherdrake's wings cutting swaths through the inclimate weather.

It was Keth. When she recognized the woman she swiftly lept from her drake and sent it on its way.

"Care for some company?"
Aureilya
Lost

*Keth jumped about a foot in the air at the sound of Zel's voice*

"Gladly, yes...Let's take it inside, though...I think my clothes are soaked through..."

*sure enough, as Keth rose, water sloughed off her in torrents, her dark brown hair plastered to her scalp, a tendril obscuring one bright blue eye, like an annoyed comma*

She gestured for Zelaine to precede her inside, and followed the other girl into the small yet cozy flat. The floors were thick wooden planks, sanded smooth, and the walls a stucco that was not confining, but comforting. A fire blazed on the hearth, and Kethry almost leapt for the dry breeches and tunic she'd apparently stowed there from last night's foray into the rain.

"Excuse me one moment..."

The Warlock ducked into a side room, and the sound of wet clothing hitting the floor with a thud like wet plaster was heard. The brush of a towel against skin, and then another sound of scuffling as the clothing was apparently put on.

A few moments later, Kethry re-emerged from the room with a wide-handled brush in hand that looked as if it was nearly as old as the warlock herself. It was a fat thing, with soft bristles. She sat close to the fire and ran it through her hair, shaking it every now and again to dry it.

"I'm glad you found your way here safely. Your drake is impressive. Esmi just got a Ray the other evening. You all are entirely too rich. Someday I will own a wyvern, but I do not think I could ever justify a drake....Anyway....How are you feeling?" blue eyes fell upon the elf, and lingered there for a moment, the question met with a raised eyebrow as Kethry sectioned her hair into more manageable strips for brushing out the wet snarls, fire crackling behind them merrily.
Aureilya
Lost

"Oh I am fine, just trying to get my footing I should venture to guess." She looked around at her new surrounds. This was a lot better then what she thought origionally. It was not the Evershine Estate but it was a place she could call home as long as need be.

She returned her gaze to the woman before her. "Yes money isnt really an issue I suppose, if you would like me to pay rent to help you out I would not mind." Her face curled into a wicked grin " Or any other way I would be able to repay your kindness"

"Oh let me help you with that...if there is one thing I am good at it is hair" Zelaine rose and made her way over to the woman hold out her hand for the brush.
Aureilya
Lost

*Keth tilted her head for a moment, apparently considering the offer as she looked toward Zel's outstretched hand, obviously reaching for the old, wooden handled brush. The wood was warm despite Keth's cold hands, and it had an obvious groove worn in it that was the shape of the Warlock's hand, the brush had carvings on the back of it, vines and flowers...It appeared to be something Keth held very dear to her*

*her hand trembled a bit as she placed the brush in the elven woman's hand*

"It was a gift..." she said softly, eyeing the brush. It was, to her knowledge, the first time she had ever let someone else hold it.

*Kethry turned, her back facing the mage, presenting to her a very thick head of dark brown, wet hair. The overwhelming, but not unpleasant, smell of herbs and plants wafted off of it, and it was an obvious giveaway as to how Kethry herself was in such good condition, being dead. However, she had not managed to dry her back off too well, and the white linen shirt was turning transparent as water dripped from Keth's half dry hair, revealing a few marred, dead patches of skin, others deeply scarred over, the decay looking as if it had been cauterized with something hot and pointy, the scars an angry, accusing dark red, rising from the white of the girl's skin, however, it appears that her back is the worst of the decay*

"You are the first person to ever hold that brush, you know. I never let it out of my sight."

*she shivered, it had been years since anyone had brushed her hair for her...*

And as she closed her eyes in half-sleep at the warmth near the fire, Keth knew without question that this was to be her undoing. She was bound to say too much.

"And in regards to the rent...Please, do not even suggest such a thing. You will find...Other ways to make yourself useful, I am sure..." Kethry ignored the instigation brought out by Zel's words, smirking a bit at it.

But damn if she did not want to see what those 'other ways' were.
Aureilya
Lost

"Very well, whatever you need done around here just say the word" Zelaine replied as she began to gently brush the woman's hair.

She took extra care with the brush to keep it in tact. She took in the woman while she was so very close to her. There was just someing about her...it was intoxicating...dangerous. There was something special about her...for some reason Zelaine just wanted to make her happy whatever she had to do...she barely knew this woman what was wrong with her.

" So keth, I could do the normal conversational thing and ask about your upbringing and life and all that. But I find that the bigger questions really help you get to know someone. So how about you tell me one of your deep dark secrets?" She asked while working through the knots in the wet hair.
Aureilya
Lost

By Esmi

Esmi found herself flying in the rain, face up, meeting every droppossible. Her hair was plastered to her back and neck.. She laughedhappily, stroking her nether ray. Underneath her arm was a package that had arrived in the mail from theauction house. It was quite exciting to her- she rarely bought anything for herself these days, and she decided she needed to add this to her collection...

She cameto a halt a couple of miles from her home, taking in the now drenched landscape. It was quite beautiful- to her- the land glimmered and sparkled within the drops of rain.. a Silence had filled the area, something she hadn't heard since she was home...

Home... this is home now. She let out a sigh, the wars weren't as wretched as they were in this new... new... existence.. They were.. Quieter. Less.. Mending.

She clicked her tongue at her Nether Ray and started her decent to the ground- to her new home.
Aureilya
Lost

*Kethry sighed, not really feeling anything but the drowsy heat and the gentle strokes of the brush in her hair. She was almost purring with delight at the sensation*

"Biggest...Secret...Huh?" her voice was quiet, a half-whispered slur, obviously heat made her sleepy. With that, anyone with half a skull would know Keth's emotional walls were down.

"I killed someone once....someone I loved very, very much..."

Kethry is surprised as anyone else when the tears start to fall. Sniffling and biting back sobs, leaning against Zel in an attempt at comfort.

"P-Please don't stop brushing....I s-swear you did nothing wrong..."

The heat made her brain foggy, the words fighting to get out of her mouth. Pleasure and pain mingled at the admission and the still moving brush through her hair.

She heard someone outside, and her head snapped up with an almost audiable crack. Atha was home.

Kethry made no move to get away from Zelaine, having already discussed the other woman's presence with Atha earlier in a letter. She wiped away her tears hasilly, not wanting either of them to continue seeing her cry.

The tears stopped as suddenly as they had started. Kethry was fighting a losing battle against her precarious hold on calm, and she shivered violently. She would take trembling over tears, any day.

"You...Please...Tell no-one....Atha knows...Kiara knows...The Inquisitor...But no-one else...It is my...Darkest sin...."

Blue eyes were closed against the rush of emotion that threatened to send her into another crying fit. The shivering intensified.

At that moment, Keth seriously pondered why she wasn't crazy yet.
Aureilya
Lost

"Why would I tell anyone? That is the whole point dear, to build trust" Zelaine pressed a finger against the forsaken's lips. " Shhhh it is alright dont worry" She smiled warmly trying to be comforting. "If that is the worst you have done then you have no problem, so dont fret"

This was not quite the reaction she had expected but she could work with it. The sound Outside ment that Esmi was here. She tried to comfort the woman in front of her as best she could without creating a scene for Esmi to walk in on.
Aureilya
Lost

*Kethry shivered against the mage, moving about a foot away from the other woman, not wishing to start anything, either, her eyes locked on the door and waited for it to open, she wondered where Esmi had been, and why it had taken her so long to get home...*
Aureilya
Lost

Esmi smiled and pat her Nether Ray gently as she dismounted giving it a treat before tying it up.

She looked at her package and smiled, it was quite rugged looking at this point, it had holes in it in various places showing what looked to be metal bars and wood. She giggled to herself as it made mewling sounds. She opened the door to their home and almost too hastily rushed in.

"Lookit! I won! I wo-" she stopped and looked at Kethry then to Zel, she curtsied and gave a small smile. "Hello, Zel- settling in well enough?" Her face was still bright as she made her way into the living area. She did not hesitate to tear the paper away, revealing a crate with some sort of white fuzz brushing through the bars.

"Isn't she just adorable?"

Click, she unlocked the crate and slowly edged her hand inside to pet the fuzzy animal..
Aureilya
Lost

"Oh it is just adorable!" Zelaine replied. She did not really care for pets, except the one her brother had given her.

" I actually just walked in the door, Dont even know where I am going to be sleeping, but yes going good so far!" She snickered slightly. "Where did you get that adorable little thing?"

Zelaine turned her attention back to Keth to see if she was alright after that sudden outburst.
Aureilya
Lost

She beamed, she was quite the collector of pets these days.. "I got her from the Auction House, for a couple gold!" She pulled out the fluff exposing it's identity as a white kitten.

She smiled at Zel, "I am not the one who owns the place, you'll have to speak to Kethry on those matters.. but I will help you unpack if you'd like.. Did you bring much?" Her eyebrow peaked as she noticed the lack of luggage. "Or do you still have much to ship? We have the space, I assure you."

She smiled at Kethry then back to Zel, "This should be interesting, to say the least."
Aureilya
Lost

*Kethry looked at her lover, face gone completely blank with surprise*

A kitten?

...A kitten.

*Kethry reaches out a tentative hand toward the small ball of fuzz, looking at Esmi nervously, her blue eyes begging approval*

A thought creeps into her mind that nearly makes her burst out laughing, then. But she is sure the two elves would find it completely unamusing:

Please don't let my Felguard eat it...
Aureilya
Lost

"Have a name for it yet dear?" She asked. Zelaine made her way back to a seat slipping the brush into Keth's hand as she passed. She rests one arm on the table while the other begins holding her belly carefully.
She felt a little put of place, she was in a house that was supposted to be her home and she really didnt know these two well enough.
"We should all break out the wine and get to know eachother if we are going to be living together!" she suggested tentitivly.