Darkest Dungeon (Steam)

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Sunderpalm

Darkest Dungeon (Steam)

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

It's on Early Access currently but by no means it unfinished. It's very feature-dense, more than many finished games.

Turn based RPG dungeon crawler. Gothic style, good narrator, permadeath of adventurers. The game says it's about making the best of bad situations, and boy there are plenty of em. I've found myself cursing at my monitor multiple times from my Crusader missing his attack or my Occultists bleeding my adventurer only to heal 1hp. Looks very polished, art style is great. The game oozes personality.

The stress system is great. Gotta maintain the stress levels of your adventurers or they'll go mad. Me talking about the game in general doesn't do it enough justice. Do a little research. It's $20 on steam. I'm gonna be playing this alot.
Mohan
Lost

Re: Darkest Dungeon (Steam)

Unread post by Mohan »

My roommate picked this up and told me about it, and then I watched a gameplay video of it on Polygon. And I'm definitely interested. I usually shy away from early access games, but this looks pretty deep already. There's a very good chance I'll pick it up.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

It looks neat, but early access is always a warning for me. I am eyeing it though as well.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

Early access does the same for me, but after some research the general concensus was that this is the kind of game that should be on early access; a deep, nearly complete product that may just be going through minor tweaks and bug fixes.

It's been a while since I've been this engrossed in a game besides WoW and D3. Hell, even Dragon Age: Inquisition didn't hook me like this game did.