SimCity 2000 Free today

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Ashenfury
Lost

SimCity 2000 Free today

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Origin keeps throwing free games at us because studies show that gamers with larger libraries of games connected to their accounts will value their accounts more (imagine that) so join me as a fellow victim of marketing and have a free Origin game =)

I remember a family member pirating the floppies from a friend and then photocopying their manual so that he could answer the anti-piracy questions on startup. Great game but unless you have nostalgia goggles it may be difficult to enjoy with the antiquated interface

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/ ... al-edition
Filora

Re: SimCity 2000 Free today

Unread post by Filora »

Oh yeah, I played the hell out of that. Wonder if I could again. The one I really loved was SimAnt though. >.>

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

SimAnt was really challenging. I remember getting that and Castles from a book fair when I was a kid. Castles was a bit too challenging at that age but SimAnt was just right. Really informative too.
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

I can't get any of the cheat codes to work. /sob

Leyujin
Lost

Unread post by Leyujin »

I did SimAnt, but mainly in sandbox mode to make gigantic armies of ants on both sides and fight it out in Ant World War I. Or to surround that damn spider and turn it into little nourishing green pellets. The campaign mode was fun. Hated the damn lawnmower, and I always felt so sad seeing my ant die.
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

I made mazes out of the green pellets for the potato bugs. Like map-wide mazes. (I blocked off the ant colony with a line of boulders naturally.)