Wasteland 2 (Skit it!)

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Ashenfury
Lost

Wasteland 2 (Skit it!)

Unread post by Ashenfury »

I kickstarted Wasteland 2 and didn't play a single second until full release. I'm enjoying the game a lot and I recommend it to anyone that has an itch for some old school turn based isometric RPG gaming.

The atmosphere and setting will make you forget that it's not a Fallout game. One thing different from the old Fallout games other than the intellectual property itself is that the story is about your group of rangers rather than the hero's journey.

Did anyone else get it? Are you enjoying it as much as I am? Do you save scum a lot (ie, whoops trap blew up during disarm... load)?
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: Wasteland 2 (Skit it!)

Unread post by Canaie »

I skipped out on it back then, though I'm now kind of tempted to get it.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

I picked it up as a pledge addon for their upcomming game, Torment. It's also cheaper that way, 25 bucks. Looks promising and works great on Linux. The only dissapointment is that the intro cinematic doesn't have Ron Perlman.
Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

It's good stuff! I'm on the Torment bandwagon as well. If they do as well with it as they did with this then I'll be pleased.

If you're down for crowdfunding some fantasy a lesser known but good looking game is Richard "Lord British" Garriot's upcoming game, Shroud of the Avatar. They have weekly playable beta updates if you're into that.