1st Grim Hearthstone Tournament of "It Was The Cards!"

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Abric
Lost

1st Grim Hearthstone Tournament of "It Was The Cards!"

Unread post by Abric »

A little delayed, but here it is! Our first Tournament of Hearthstone. Above will be the visual of the bracket - updated as the matches are played and people move forward and are left behind.

The Rules

Match Play. Each contestant will contact their respective opponent to schedule their play. At the beginning of each round (Round 1 beginning today), the contestants will have five (5) days to complete a best-of-three set of games. The winner will move forward to the next round. Once all previous rounds have been completed, the five day count will reset. Contestants do not have to wait for remaining contestants of previous rounds to complete their match if they already have an opponent (i.e. if Ruuki and Faeriel complete their match - the winner of that match may contact Swifthoof and complete that match the same day.)

Winning Your Match. The winner of the match is responsible for stating on this thread that their match is complete and they are the winner. Proof is not required - though if someone is shady then screenshots will assist you in proving your win! If the winner does not state they have won on this thread, then they forfeit their win and the loser moves up in their place.

Disconnections During Match. In the event of disconnections - a disconnection counts as a loss unless the winner (i.e. the one who did not disconnect) wants to forfeit the easy win for a fully-played win. It is the winner's prerogative - so easy win or earned win - a win is a win. We're all adults, but competitive play can bring out the beast in us - so if you have a disconnect in the match... I'd recommend you screenshot it.

Class/Card Rules. There are no rules on what class or set of cards you can play - if you acquired them or bought them then you get to use them.

Any additional rules or questions will be talked about here - as this is the first tournament there are bound to be questions or situations that present themselves.

In addition to the normal bracket, there will be a 3rd Place bracket. Playing one set of games sucks - so we'll ensure everyone gets to play at least two people! At least!

As people lose their matches, they will populate the 3rd Place bracket; first come-first serve. As people get opponents in the 3rd Place bracket - they will follow the same rules as the Championship Bracket.

Inzema
Lost

Re: 1st Grim Hearthstone Tournament of "It Was The Cards!"

Unread post by Inzema »

Ooh, shiny.
"If I can't eat it, ssscrew it, sssell it, or ussse it to blow sssomething up, then what ussse isss it?" ~Inzema
Tekk

Unread post by Tekk »

is it too late to join the tournament?
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I can fit you in, Tekk. Is it just going to be you?

Also - no change for those in Round 1. Keep up with what has been said in the first post. Just ignore Swifthoof, Bart, or myself if you get to us.
Tuskinar
Lost

Unread post by Tuskinar »

Nojinbu has defeated Tuskinerd 2 games to none! Because I suck at Hearthstone life.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Thank you for putting this together, Abric! This is going to be really fun, and maybe something we can do on a regular basis. Maybe every couple of months or so?

For ease of hooking up with the people I'll be paired up with, my battlenet account is Nikadavies#1460 and my steam ID is Nikadavies

Steam is going to be the best place to find me- since I'm not in WoW anymore, catching me on battlenet is really hit or miss.
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Tenrilaux has beaten Aureliya.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I have defeated Tekk in epic CARD BATTLE!

She tried to murloc deck me... then faked a murloc deck... then murloc'ed me. I murloc'ed her murloc.

Sassafras.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Aureliya defeated Tuskinar in our match.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Crap we're just seeing this now! I need to add Fae to my friends list so I can beat him, I've been practicing with my deck >:D

Edit: I can't find Fae's Battletag anywhere.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

PM Fae. He'll talk to you if you are nice - or even if you are not. He likes to talk.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, check with Allison. She's a little more on top of stuff!
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

I'm blowing up Khorvis with email/pm's. Hopefully he gets this in time for us to play.
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Want to know what stops mage secrets? Axes. I have defeated the Abric!
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

DOOM!

While I do not mind a little more time gaming with Tekk - in the spirit of some competition and being able to play with people you do not get to play with (much) - I've separated Tekk and I so, for at least the next few rounds, we don't have to see each others faces.

Even though those faces aren't too shabby!
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Keep in mind Round 1 is over on Wednesday.

You have until the end of the day (eastern) to complete your matches for Round 1. Which is the following people:

Ruuki vs Faeriel

Khorvis vs Sunderpalm

Inzema vs Sangjai

Going by what has been told to me here on the boards and in chat: Faeriel, Khorvis, and Inzema - you all are the ones I'm giving the internet eyes to. Contact your opponents - unless they lied to me; then don't be a snitch and defeat them in EPIC CARD BATTLE!