Grim Hearthstone Tournament Preparation and Sign-Up

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Poll: Are you interested in the Hearthstone Elimination Tournament?

Yes - You built it, I will come
53%
Yes - Teach me how, I will come
No votes
Yes - I am a sheep, baaaaaaaah!
20%
No - I want a tournament, I do not want Hearthstone
No votes
No - I enjoy the touch of a (wo)man, so card games are out!
No votes
No - Sorry, just not interested!
7%
I have no opinion but I exercise my right to vote!
20%

Total votes: 15

Abric
Lost

Grim Hearthstone Tournament Preparation and Sign-Up

Unread post by Abric »

Hearthstone is a free strategy card game, made by Blizzard. You should be able to see in on your Battle.net interface (maybe?) as a beta game, though it is about as done as it needs to be for the intended purpose of playing for anything other than internet glory.

We will be using this as our first tournament style game match - because it is a Blizzard game and it is free! Since the majority of us have some sort of Warcraft experience, the learning curve will be fairly easy as even the most amateur of card gamers will understand what does what merely by knowing the difference between a Fireball and a Frost Nova.

This post is to give more detail about what we're going to do and to start collecting names on those interested. I'm going to give it about a week - then the final draft will be released and we'll set individuals up on their matches and begin tracking them. I am not going to make this overly pretty or well structured, so if you have any additional questions or need something clarified - please share with the group!

If you've said yes - make sure you tell me here. I can see votes, but I cannot see who cast them. I have yet to gain the talent to read minds, so I cannot read yours. I am not Pincus, so I am not monitoring your internet, so unless you type your name then you will be forgotten!

For those interested in this, but lost due to card game experience or just general downloading talent, I will get together with you (or someone else will volunteer) and we can hash it out and get you to where you need to be so that your participation will be fun and exciting - not confusing and aggravating.

I would appreciate if Sindl and Awatu can broadcast this to those who stick their noses only in the WoW and Final Fantasy in-game stuff (i.e. calendar/message of the day) to drum up some more support. For those who frequent the chat room, please let those who no longer frequent the forums know about this, as they may be interested.

So, I conclude with the 5 Ws.

-------------------------------------------------------

Who: The Grim and any friends of Grim. If there are any who have access to this board, or can get access, they are invited to participate. This includes friendly guild associates, family members, or former members (of good standing) interested in playing with many of us they may not of had a chance to play with for some time - or maybe just all the time!

What: This will be an elimination bracket game. Individuals will be given a number, designated alphabetically by (main character) name, and those numbers will be assigned together randomly by an internet dice roller. The two participants will play until a participant has won two games (i.e. best of three). Disconnected games will be considered a win for the participant that did not disconnect - unless said participant wishes to forfeit due to good sportsmanship or future legitimacy of badassery. The winning participant moves up the bracket, until only one remains!

When: Upon the announcement of their match (by myself or by whoever volunteers to give me a hand in this), the two participants have 5 days (60 hours) to play their match. If they are unable to play their match within that given time, then whoever those two participants beat in the previous tier will move forward in their place in the tournament - unless it is the first tier then no one wins! There is no need for anyone to officiate the match, though having the time would be appreciated for record keeping and to give others an opportunity to listen in on Mumble (optional).

Where: The game, of course. There is chat integrated into Hearthstone, so Mumble is optional for those who want to use it. To play against each other, though, you will have to be on their b.net friends list. You do not need to share your email - only your battletag.

Why: To game, of course.
Last edited by Abric on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: Grim Hearthstone Tournament Preparation and Sign-Up

Unread post by Aureilya »

I'm in!
Inzema
Lost

Unread post by Inzema »

I'm in. Current battletag is Ikkorous 1214
"If I can't eat it, ssscrew it, sssell it, or ussse it to blow sssomething up, then what ussse isss it?" ~Inzema
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Me! We'll have to make sure we're all on each other's friends' lists too so we can play specifically against each other.
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

I'll do it
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

I downloaded the beta and began playing today. I am very bad at this game. Prepare to farm me.
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

Prepare for my trap card!
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Eh, I guess I can give this a try.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Will give people a few more days of prodding and nudging - since there is a name or two missing from people I know were interested in this.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I've been informed that I broke the poll - so some people could not put their call out.

That has now been fixed.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I have the following names. If you do not see your name - tell me. If you have a friend who wants to play, but is not named, then give me that name and get them registered on this site.

We will be beginning this shortly, though the addition of more individuals will not delay us. Only technical difficulties delay - sorry about that!

Participants
Abric
Aureliya
Bartantalus
Faeriel
Inzema (Ikkorous)
Khorvis
Nojinbu
Ruuki
Sangjai
Sunderpalm
Swifthoof
Tenrilaux
Tuskinerd
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Has anyone asked Swifty if he wants in? I'm not sure if he reads the forums outside of the raid section, but I could swear I've seen him playing over RID.
Allison

Unread post by Allison »

Put Fae on that list! He's been really into Hearthstone recently.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

They both have received PMs from me!