Europa Universalis IV

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Abric
Lost

Europa Universalis IV

Unread post by Abric »

50% off until Friday on Steam.

This is a good game. It is from Paradox - same company that did Crusader Kings 2. The difference is that Europa Universalis is their flagship IP and goes focus on the Renaissance and the Age of Discovery over feudal Europe.

Want more depth than what Total War and Civilization gives you? This game may be it for you.

Araun, Aquizit, Bart, Yemana, and I own it and are wanting to do some multiplayer action (which is 100x better than in CKII... since it works).

JOIN US!
Bloodscream
Lost

Re: Europa Universalis IV

Unread post by Bloodscream »

I bought it but I have never played... that is to say I need to learn how... cause it's not doing anyone any good just sitting there
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I believe you can become Canada in the game. Either Bart or Aquizit had a Mexican Canada.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

PORTUGESE NEWFOUNDLAND MUST BE MINE DAMMIT.

I am up for playing this. Do we want to arrange for a time to assemble, maybe, and make an attempt?
vbhh, m mkl, m k bni bng'vvvvc
AKA: Araun, the.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Any plans for today, maybe?
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

I won't be able to get in on this until after the move, boooo.
Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Yemana's reign of the great peoples of the Plain shall come soon enough!
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Elder Scrolls beta, then work for me.. I'm free starting Monday due to lack of school and work.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Sunday may be the best bet for those who I know have it/play it/could be persuaded.

Except Yemana and Bart - which is why this is being posted to see if Sundays are a good time for Europa gaming.

There is still some interest in Crusader Kings II. While I am down with that - Europa's multiplayer is so much less of a headache. With the hot join feature, any person dropped merely means a pause and a reload by them - instead of everyone. Europa is also a little more action packed and a lot more lenient to fuck ups. Just because you lose half your country to the asshole of France does not mean your game play is over... it just means you need to make friends with Great Britian or Austria and get your shit back!
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Here is a list of tutorials. The guy doing it (Arumba) explains it fairly well - and is not overly annoying.

Yemana, GUIDES!

Once she gets settled, for the rest of you, she will hunger for multiplayer destruction.

KIN-errrr-EUROPA!
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

I've been staring at it on Steam more frequently, hovering my cursor over the "Buy" button. Hngh!