Wildstar Online

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Aureilya
Lost

Wildstar Online

Unread post by Aureilya »

I was hoping to wait for an actual release date before I made this post, but I'm anxious to get this information out there. So, I'm not waiting any longer!

Wildstar Online is a new MMO that should be released Spring of 2014. From everything I've seen and heard, it looks very promising.

I'm not gonna lie. One of the features I'm most excited for is player housing. But not just the regular player housing with limited options you see in most games. Player housing in Wildstar will work sandbox style, where you can customize your home inside and out. Items for your home are dropped from mobs, gained through crafting and rewarded from quests. Your home will also offer benefits such as rested xp, add-on's you can build into your land for crafting stations, raid portals, buffs, etc.

Check out the Dev Speak video for player housing here.

Here are some other videos and trailers I've found that show a lot of the game. They're worth watching- this looks really fun, and the trailers are amusing!

Official Trailer

Faction: Exiles

Faction: Dominion

Paths (Classes) (Soldiers, Scientists, Explorers, etc)

Naturally, there is already a RP community site: Wildstar Roleplay

So, who else besides me will be playing? I think there is a winter beta going on now. I have no idea if you can still get in on it- I refuse to play betas so I'm waiting for the real thing, but the sign up link is still available on the website.

Allison

Re: Wildstar Online

Unread post by Allison »

Aureliya wrote: So, who else besides me will be playing?
We spent most of PAX hanging around the Wildstar booth and chatting with their lore guy. Fae and I will be playing for sure.
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Looks like fun. Take a wildstar guess as to which race Khorvis would be.
Aureilya
Lost

Khorvis wrote:Looks like fun. Take a wildstar guess as to which race Khorvis would be.

Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

We've chatted this up before. Biggest takeaway is that the game is 60 bucks with a monthly fee. A tad bit too much for a MMO. It looks interesting though.
Krinathalasa
Lost

We've chatted this up before. Biggest takeaway is that the game is 60 bucks with a monthly fee. A tad bit too much for a MMO. It looks interesting though.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

MMmmm, player housing....REAL player housing.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Krinathalasa wrote:We've chatted this up before. Biggest takeaway is that the game is 60 bucks with a monthly fee. A tad bit too much for a MMO. It looks interesting though.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Aureilya
Lost

There's a new Devspeak video up on customization. Definitely worth a watch. I'm pretty impressed by all the options. I wish they'd hurry up with a release date!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jTTeE7MLQ
Aureilya
Lost

Speaking of new games and preorders..

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/preorder/

Pre-orders for Wildstar open 3/19! With a June release date! So excited!

I'll be preordering mine asap.
Aureilya
Lost

Wildstar has an RP community!

http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/

Also!

To anyone thinking about pre-ordering Wildstar- this week will be a good time to do it. Pre-ordering will grant you access to the four Beta weekends, and the first one will be next weekend. Don't miss out!

In between pre-order going live and launch, there will be four beta partner weekends. While everyone else will be required to obtain a key to participate in the beta weekend, you will have immediate access to each event. The currently scheduled weekends are:

Friday, March 21st, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, March 23rd, 11:59PM PDT
Friday, April 4th, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, April 6th, 11:59PM PDT
Friday, April 18th, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, April 20th, 11:59PM PDT
Friday, May 2nd, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, May 4th, 11:59PM PDT
All dates and times are subject to change, so please keep an eye on the WildStar website, Facebook, and Twitter for updates.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

20 and 40 man raids. They'll have to keep a really close eye on server pop for that.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Krinathalasa
Lost

40 man raid? I hope it is a world boss and not a raid boss cause that is way to many people.