Wildstar Online

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Abric
Lost

Re: Wildstar Online

Unread post by Abric »

I need friends.

FRIENDS!

My name is Reginauld. I have a moustache.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

What's the pulse of the RP community? Evindra, yeah?
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Evindra is the RP server, yes- and the RP is very very active. The RP channel is WSRP (/chjoin wsrp)

Right now it seems like most RP is happening at people's houses, because there are phasing issues in Thayd that makes it hard to see each other. But I haven't seen a night go by where there isn't at least 2 or 3 gatherings happening at people's homes. Many of the RPers have made their houses public RP hubs, taverns, one guy even has a medical clinic set up.

This is all on Exile side, mind you. I heard things are much more quiet on Dominion and frankly- I found the Dominion storyline and starting area to be pretty boring, and I've heard many people say the same. Roll on Evindra, Exile side. Things are hopping over there.

http://www.wildstar-roleplay.com/
Aureilya
Lost

WHERE: Thermock Hold, Whitevale (Last Man Standing Bar, near the Eastern Entrance)
WHEN: Every Saturday, 7pm PST / 10pm EST , Drinks are served for one-two hours depending on availability of bartenders.
WHY: To hang out and enjoy free drinks!
IC Reason: Notice boards are covered with flyers hinting at "happy hour" on saturdays at the Last Man Standing. Free drinks, apparently covered by some "mysterious, kind patron". Can't miss it.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

... damn. I wanted to be a giant robot. I guess I'll have to go exile - the one faction that is totally lame without all THE COOL RACES!
Aureilya
Lost

Well, you could be a Mordesh, which is sort of half undead, half mechanical. :P
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I'm done with undead. DONE! NO MORE UNDEAD!

I made a Burnside, as close to a Burnside as I could. It was not Burnside enough - to which I blame Aquizit - for not handling this Burnside issue before I arrived.

He is fired from the unpaid job he did not know he had.
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

The Dominion is the cool side. The Exiles are lame! I don't even play the game, but I endorse all things Dominion.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

I have 2 exiles and 1 dominion. I really, really want to like the spellslinger but something I can't say is stopping me from liking it. Medic is fun but i need to pull away from my love of healing to try something else. I suspect being an engineer with big guns will do it.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

You're a giver, buddy!

I also need names. NAMES! Names for the friends list!

My exile is... once I load the game - Bolgata!
Aureilya
Lost

Krinathalasa wrote:I have 2 exiles and 1 dominion. I really, really want to like the spellslinger but something I can't say is stopping me from liking it. Medic is fun but i need to pull away from my love of healing to try something else. I suspect being an engineer with big guns will do it.
Since you have both a dominion and an exile, I'm curious- do you find the dominion starter quests boring also? Granted, when I rolled a dominion I never even made it off the ship so I didn't give it much of a chance, but I feel like the Exile storyline and quests are done so much better.
I also need names. NAMES! Names for the friends list!

My exile is... once I load the game - Bolgata!
As for names! Well... My main is the one you don't like. Nika. >.<
Krinathalasa
Lost

So far? Yes I find their quests boring. I am about to delete my Dominion and go Exile again.

Finished the Dominion quests and the feel is that they are the Empire from Star Wars while the Exiles is Mals group from Firefly.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

... the southern accents, though. So bad.
Krinathalasa
Lost

So..so bad.

Don't know if this game is worth 60 + 15 a month though. Its fun but not that much fun.
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

I'm having an absolute blast with this game. It's combined everything I want in an MMO: Wow's style of progression, action-oriented combat similar to Guild Wars 2, challenging group content, a high level of polish (even though there are a few bugs still to squash), and an IP and story that isn't forgettable that has a foundation to expand.

I've only reached level 15 and am completely hooked. I haven't even stepped into a dungeon yet but based on what I've seen on streams I haven't even hit the good part. Even tradeskills I find have an engaging level of depth to them (even though maybe thought to be over-complex by some). Not to mention I can pay for my sub with in game currency?? Yes, please!

Ruuki and I are on Stormtalon with a friend of hers. Exiles all the way. Loving the spellslinger and my engineer alt. And I haven't even touched PvP yet.