Wildstar Online

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Abric
Lost

Re: Wildstar Online

Unread post by Abric »

I guess this just went gold?
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

I heard someone else say that, but what does it mean? Are they comparing it to album sales? I've never heard that term used before with games.

Anyway. The game is amazing. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and I've been playing the beta since I preordered. I wish more people would get on board with this.

Here's the latest video for Warplots. Warplots are basically BGs- only you can build and design them yourself, and give them all kinds of cool features. Including Raid Bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqphOiXa8Ig
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Going gold means it is ready for release. It should have a date for retail.
Aureilya
Lost

Oh. The release date was announced quite some time ago- June 3rd. With a 3 day early access for those that preordered.
Atticus

Unread post by Atticus »

You guys should come find me on the open beta.
Aureilya
Lost

I'm really surprised more Grim aren't talking about this, it's been getting hugely positive reviews and has a huge Rp community. One or two of the devs are even on the community rp site. (Wildstar-roleplay.com)

I'm not playing open beta because I'm literally writing this from the airport, getting ready to go on vacation, but I've been in closed beta and it's such a great game. Can't wait for early access at the end of the month!
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

I managed to get into one of the previous beta weekends, and I really enjoyed the game. At a cursory glance, Carbine seems to be doing everything right. However, I'm still really enjoying FFXIV with the solid group that we have over there, and I just don't have the time to devote to two subscription-based MMOs. If one of the two were subscription-free, I'd probably jump on this.
Aureilya
Lost

Wildstar is subscription free in that there is the option to buy game time with in game gold. What we don't know yet is just how much gold or how feasible it is to maintain your subscription with that method.

But, the system is in place so once the game goes live, I intend to try it and I'll report back.
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

Eh, I can't imagine it's going to be something a very casual player would be able to maintain. I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that point, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

You'd probably have to spend a few days grinding out gold and then spend more just to get to the same point that subscribers are at. Like Mohan I don't expect the gold amount to be easily attainable.
Frygyd

Unread post by Frygyd »

Installed the beta today since it's open beta for a few days. Things went smoothly. Quests are straight forward with arrow pointers so you know where you're going. Visible combat arc is nice for ranged attacks. Graphics are a bit cartoony for my tastes and wasn't so keen on the loping movement of the character but I am sure other races move differently.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Server name?
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Frygyd wrote:Graphics are a bit cartoony for my tastes
Yeah, I never got interested since I didn't really like the art style, but I do know some Grimlings have talked about this a lot.
Aureilya
Lost

Abric wrote:Server name?
Nexus is the server that has become the unofficial RP server until the actual Rp realms are announced at launch.
Aureilya
Lost

Today was the beginning of the character name/guild name reservations. They're having major server issues and it's unclear if the reservations are actually working or not. I guess we won't know for sure until launch. But I think I managed to get the guild name The Grim reserved. At the moment I have no plans of doing anything with The Grim in Wildstar, however I wanted to make sure one of us got that name locked down before some random guild could take it.