ESO Character creation

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

opalexian

ESO Character creation

Unread post by opalexian »

http://youtu.be/WFhB6bSZLRw

I kinda disappoint that the Khajit don't appear to differentiate much in face shape between the sexes. Hopefully they're still working on final designs because other races are looking good in that department.

Yes Im always gonna be a catgirl. WOW, YOU ARE FAIL D:
SURVEY SAYS: Sandwiches cut in 1/2 catty-corner taste 5 times better than those cut lengthwise!

FFXIV-Linji Zlykot, Queen of ALL THE THINGS
WoW (retired)-Opalexian, Killyzix, Yuolin, Sujibga, Hajae, Oxauun, Rasputine
Tenrilaux

Re: ESO Character creation

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

I admit I haven't paid too much attention to ESO lately, but if you can legit do things a la Galaxies and just be a merchant/crafter/trader/freighter/etc, shit yeah I'll totally just make a fat merchant dude.

But I dunno much about the class system or whatever they're doing with that.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Tenrilaux wrote:I admit I haven't paid too much attention to ESO lately, but if you can legit do things a la Galaxies and just be a merchant/crafter/trader/freighter/etc, shit yeah I'll totally just make a fat merchant dude.

But I dunno much about the class system or whatever they're doing with that.
This is the first thing I've heard that's given me an ounce of interest in this game. I love the crafting/profession aspect of games, so if you can level up doing just that maybe I'd be interested.

I keep hearing mixed opinions on if this is an actual MMO or not. Some people have said that it'll be more like Diablo- single player unless you group with people, but that you won't be able to encounter other players out and about otherwise. Other people have said that's not true, and it'll be just like WoW or any other MMO with plenty of people. I still haven't gotten a solid answer on which of these are correct.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

I was in the beta a couple times, and there were people everywhere.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Allison

Unread post by Allison »

I played around with the character creation system at PAX and it was extensive and awesome. One bit they didn't show on the video was the aging system. There is an age slider that will affect your entire body--not just your face. I made an old, spindly caster--even her hands looked appropriately aged. It was great.
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Oh... never mind.

"Elder Scrolls Online will use a traditional class system rather than free-form character progression; however, any character can wear any armor type and wield any weapon type. This allows for a tremendous variety of character building options despite revolving around a fundamental class system.(GI1)"
Source.