The Grim in FFXIV

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Yrzuli
Lost

Re: The Grim in FFXIV

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I squealed last night when I found a Goblin Mugger and had to show Anaie. They were my favorite (in terms of appearance) mob from FFXI. I really did enjoy that game, but finding groups was a pain and I hated the XP loss from death, blah blah blah. This game is so gorgeous though...
Bartantalus

Unread post by Bartantalus »

Yea so far i enjoy the beta, but a word of advice for those that know little/haven't started the beta. The crafting and Gathering professions are treated like actual classes, albeit they are more pseudo classes. You level and gain XP in them like a normal class and there is some minor quest support for them with the levemets (daily's equivalent) and they get class quests at the same levels as all the other classes. And there has been some talk/complaints among NA testers about characters with multiple high level crafters that they can do really crazy crafting, such as inf looping some types of items and guranteed high quality items. When you decide to craft a item, you have a chance to produce a better version of it based on the quality bar which you can improve via the abilities and special HQ mats you use. Just a fair warning that crafting is not like most mmos out there.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I haven't looked much into the crafting, but as long as I don't have to face the right direction, during the right hour of the right day, I'll be fine.

Damned clock. Yes, I bought one; no, it wasn't for me.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

Hmm the game is only 30 bucks presale. Not a bad deal for a "new" game essentially. I have no problem sticking with Cactur or what not as long as it is with the Grim peeps. Save for that guy Abric. What a dick.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

We're done with Cactuar, since everything gets wiped tonight.

From Beta 4 onward, we're going to be on Gilgamesh.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Bender does not agree with the Moon Fuhrer.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

I've gone mad with power and created an FFXIV section of the forums. It's a bit ambitious for now, but the assumption is that we'll grow into them over time.

EDIT: Also I've published some of the pages at ffxiv.thegrim.org which is the frontpage for The Grim Echo.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

Looks like it is anywhere from 13 to 15 bucks a month to play this game. Only those who had previous accounts get to pay the 10 bucks a month.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Araun wrote:I've gone mad with power and created an FFXIV section of the forums. It's a bit ambitious for now, but the assumption is that we'll grow into them over time.

EDIT: Also I've published some of the pages at ffxiv.thegrim.org which is the frontpage for The Grim Echo.
I don't know *how* you did it, but "Joining the Echo" board forces the "Grim" skin onto the boards. The other new boards do not.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Coyotl wrote:I don't know *how* you did it, but "Joining the Echo" board forces the "Grim" skin onto the boards. The other new boards do not.
I forgot to actually apply the skin - oops. Good catch; should be fixed now.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Eh, what? You can override user preferences? Because now all the FFXIV boards are forced to the Grim skin. Which is bad.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Oh, hm, I thought the Grim skin was the desired result. Ok! Fixed in the other direction now.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

No, I'm just confused. I didn't think you could override user preferences. I personally don't use the Grim skin, which I know is the "default" skin on the boards, because I cannot read on a black background.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

There is an option somewhere that says "use this" instead of giving people the option. It is a simple check in the box. I don't know if it is phpBB or just Pincus giving admins ULTIMATE POWER!
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

You can. Think "mobile theme based on user sniffing" or some such nonsense. phpBB is insanely flexible.