The Grim in FFXIV

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Krinathalasa
Lost

Re: The Grim in FFXIV

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

Holy shit is this a beautiful game. I am in awe.

We should all find out what server we are on to play together or some shit.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Screenshots? Or are you under an NDA?
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I think we are. But who really reads NDAs?

Krin, earlier in the thread Fae mentioned Gilgamesh; that's where I am.
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

I got an invite, but the code was already in use (known problem). For a game I was iffy about anyway, I am so not impressed.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Krinathalasa
Lost

Don't have that option with a new character. They seem to assign servers at random.

Edit: Scratch that. I am a total idiot. Shut up Syreena ya nooblet
Aquizit
Lost

Unread post by Aquizit »

I had fun, and apparently "Plunging Spear" may be a thing in the new guild, heheheh.

I think I'm kinda done with the beta for this phase, though. I don't want to spoil myself with the story too much (I basically skip all cutscenes) and don't want to do stuff I'm just going to have to do in a month's time.
opalexian

Unread post by opalexian »

Aquizit wrote:I had fun, and apparently "Plunging Spear" may be a thing in the new guild, heheheh.

I think I'm kinda done with the beta for this phase, though. I don't want to spoil myself with the story too much (I basically skip all cutscenes) and don't want to do stuff I'm just going to have to do in a month's time.
Thats kinda what gets me about betas too? But I know when I did the WoW beta I only got to 35 'cause I was too busy staring at Ashenvale. Think about it-it WAS damn shiny when you first went there, non? :D

Now I need to check my mail.....
SURVEY SAYS: Sandwiches cut in 1/2 catty-corner taste 5 times better than those cut lengthwise!

FFXIV-Linji Zlykot, Queen of ALL THE THINGS
WoW (retired)-Opalexian, Killyzix, Yuolin, Sujibga, Hajae, Oxauun, Rasputine
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

Hmmm. I might just check this out. I've toyed around in SWTOR over the last couple of months (laaaate to the show) and just picked up Secret World to putz around in (it was cheap on amazon), but since no one really plays those anymore...
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Bunch of us are on Cactuar in the beta, this has no bearing on the choice of live server.
Last edited by Thalevia on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

I got a new code today, I'll probably install it sometime this weekend.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Beta only runs in phases and this one is done sunday I believe.
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

Monday it ends
opalexian

Unread post by opalexian »

Thalevia wrote:Bunch of us are on Cactuar in the beta, this has no bearing on the choice of live server.
Stabby beta.

I siigned up-we'll see what happens.
SURVEY SAYS: Sandwiches cut in 1/2 catty-corner taste 5 times better than those cut lengthwise!

FFXIV-Linji Zlykot, Queen of ALL THE THINGS
WoW (retired)-Opalexian, Killyzix, Yuolin, Sujibga, Hajae, Oxauun, Rasputine
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

We're on Cactuar at the moment, yeah, and we may be on Gilgamesh for release - still mulling that one over. On the one hand, Gilgamesh seems to be the unofficial RP server... but for that reason, it's going to be packed with people. We'll have to see what things look like when Beta 4 starts.

I've taken several screenshots but to be honest they don't do the game much justice. You have to see it in motion to capture the full effect.

The NDA has been loosened such that you are allowed to post screenshots, provided that you include the copyright watermark the game inserts into the screenshot. See at the lower left below:

Krinathalasa
Lost

Agreed. Screenshots do not do the justice of how beautiful this game is. Squaresoft really did a good job here.