Hearthstone - WoW TCG Game Announced

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Canaie
Irredeemable

Hearthstone - WoW TCG Game Announced

Unread post by Canaie »

Yrzuli
Lost

Re: Hearthstone - WoW TCG Game Announced

Unread post by Yrzuli »

The underwhelming response was hilarious.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Hehe, yeah. I mean, Blizzard already said what the new game won't be. What the hell were people expecting?
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

They said it wouldn't be a new IP, and specifically not Titan. It seems many people were expecting Blizz All-Stars.

I opted in for the beta. As long as it's free-to-play, then it'll be occasionally amusing. They need to include Android support though.
Ashenfury
Lost

New Blizzard Game: SOOOO disappointed

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Best comment I've read yet:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1asrp1/blizzards_new_game_hearthstone_heroes_of_warcraft/c90f4e1 wrote:They're making the game they (as in Blizzard) want to play.
  • Warcraft 1/2/3 -> Playing D&D/Warhammer
    WoW -> Playing Everquest
    Starcraft -> Playing Warhammer 40k
    WoW TCG -> Magic the Gathering
And now we have the online version.
The pattern here is that Blizzard makes games based on geek culture that inspires them. Say what you will about them "selling out", but most of the C-Level team at Blizzard could probably kick your ass at Magic the Gathering.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

I signed up for Beta too. I've played enough of these type of games to find them enjoyable to pass the time. They do need to go Android too.
Krinathalasa
Lost

Re: New Blizzard Game: SOOOO disappointed

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

What did you expect?
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

As usual, Ashenfury delivers.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Dude...I hear Heart of the Swarm is comin' out....

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Ashenfury
Lost

Something not entirely lame! World of Starcraft, Warcraft 4, a new IP, WoW going free to play, anything other than a fucking card game. Here's what I had to say about it elsewhere:
I was hoping for the type of game that Blizzard used to produce before they merged. I don't know about you guys but this just seriously turned me off even further from my old flame. The new IP that will likely be announced very soon no longer holds any excitement for me.
Blizzard is turning into EA.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Apparently Ashen thinks that Pax East (not even Pax, but it's slower baby brother!) is worthy of BlizzCon type announcements.
Ashenfury
Lost

At this point I am expecting very little. Maybe an announcement for a 4th installment of HotS that costs 75$ for 30 days of access. Yeah that sounds about right.

I wasn't aware that PAX was a small fry convention. TIL
Ashenfury
Lost

Canai wrote:As usual, Ashenfury delivers.
Didn't realize you had already posted this. Nor did I realize it was meant to be podunk. If they're wanting to cater to the kitty generation of Yu-Gi-Oh card loving Pokemon fanatics then that's their prerogative. They will not see a dime of my money for shit like this.