Elder Scrolls Online beta signups

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Krinathalasa
Lost

Elder Scrolls Online beta signups

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

Anaie
Lost

Re: Elder Scrolls Online beta signups

Unread post by Anaie »

Oooh yeah. Watch the trailer!

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

When we said we wanted mutliplayer we didn't mean massively multiplayer...
Krinathalasa
Lost

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

I don't know. the thought of afking and getting pvp points sounds tempting.

I can call myself Abric then.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I like how their DOB form starts with 1900. Seriously tempting to be like, "Yeah bitches! 112 years old and wanting to play me some Elder Scrolls!"

But then Abric would mock how old I was.
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

"Back in my day, they were just called the Contemporary Scrolls!"
Tyrilon

Unread post by Tyrilon »

So i did the application and submitted it and it took me to a page which told me it doesnt exist and that the adventurer should turn back. Im assuming it didnt work then?
Anyone else get this?
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Not I... mine went through. May have glitched from traffic?

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Would love to play one of these games and have it not bug out. I was loving Skyrim when the "walk into a cave or building or use fast travel crashes the game" hit at level 10. Never got to play it again after that.

At least I managed to get "above average chance" at the beta.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Did you buy it on STEAM? If so, did you research why it was doing that? Have you updated it recently? Mine is only mildly unstable, and only because of mods...

Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Am I the only one not interested in this at all? Elder Scrolls MMO doesn't offer anything new or exciting. All the game ever needed was a player2 option. Just let someone play as your follower during your saves and multiplayer conundrum is solved. Why build a whole world around it?

I've found the books in Morrowwind Oblivion and Skyrim to be somewhat interesting but the only real lore that cuts you deep you end up partaking in: Captors of Stonekeep/Daggerfall, Morrowind, Cryodil, and Skyrim all become great heroes.

The only thing I want to do in Tamriel that I've never gotten to is explore the other continents. They had better hold some big surprises to be MMO worthy (if they're even featured, IDK).
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I'm not interested.

I enjoy Bethesda games. I also enjoy(ed) Bioware games. Bioware made a bad MMO - Bethesda is likely to do the same. Both companies have shit for programmming and you cannot get away with that in an MMO.
opalexian

Unread post by opalexian »

In spite of the above manrage I just signed up for the beta. The secret to getting the best chance? Fill out the starred options and be sure you check all 3 boxes at the bottom including 'get info from Bethesda.' I was above average, then I clicked that and sure enough-best chance. Heh.

But yes, this will prolly either suck or be awesome. I can't wait to see which tho.

Also, Khajiit. Yus. >_>
SURVEY SAYS: Sandwiches cut in 1/2 catty-corner taste 5 times better than those cut lengthwise!

FFXIV-Linji Zlykot, Queen of ALL THE THINGS
WoW (retired)-Opalexian, Killyzix, Yuolin, Sujibga, Hajae, Oxauun, Rasputine
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

I really enjoyed playing this past weekend when I could. It felt like MP Skyrim in its style and look. I only got through 2 zones and into a 3rd, but the quests were decent, and you can just wander about for a lot of it, though the quests are pretty easy to get done at the same time. I like the combat, it is just like skyrim's. The stealth/bowman/assassin concept seemed a bit weak (the class powers didn't really work well with bow), but it is still in beta and was fun enough. Two-handed weapon was just doom... charge in and destroy! Love the blocking/parrying and the dodging being all twitch. Didn't try magic though. Next time.

Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

All I took away from Anaie's playing of the beta was him yelling at the laptop and me asking if he'd died, again.