Final Fantasy XiV ARR Beta signups open

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Jafylas
Lost

Final Fantasy XiV ARR Beta signups open

Unread post by Jafylas »

not sure if anyone cares about this one, but the beta signups for this have started:

entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na
Araun
Lost

Re: Final Fantasy XiV ARR Beta signups open

Unread post by Araun »

Huh, and here I thought they were going to pull testers from their previous playerbase. Well, guess I'll sign up!

I'm looking forward to playable Summoners again. That was the best part of FFXI.
Jafylas
Lost

Unread post by Jafylas »

There was nothing good about FFXI
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Lies! LIES AND BLASPHEMIES.
Jafylas
Lost

Unread post by Jafylas »

It was horrid, and the only reason I had it as long as I did was because they made it impossible to cancel the damned thing.

I am hoping this relaunch of XIV will be good, though.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

FFXI was my first MMO and I enjoyed being a Summoner - but who knows how much of that was the game, and how much was the people I was playing with. Either way, playing a warlock in WoW was a real step down from being able to summon a twelve-foot ice goddess to kick my enemies to death... but WoW wasn't as obsessed with kicking me in the balls every five minutes, so here I am.

I am cautiously optimistic about FFXIV. The new producer seems to have a much better head on his shoulders; although I wonder if they'll be able to fill in all the quest and story content they had to blow away with AAR.

Downside: with AAR, the servers are regional instead of international, so no more getting to play with the Japanese.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I want to be a level 7 white mage again... seven times in an hour.