Planetside 2 (F2P)

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Ashenfury
Lost

Planetside 2 (F2P)

Unread post by Ashenfury »

This game has teamwork on a massive scale. It seems like you have to catch the servers at certain parts of the day to really engage yourself with the community leaders and become part of a functioning machine but the problem looks more population based than anything else. That said the Beta ends on Nov20th and I have to admit I'm blown away by this game.

If you can't take orders or navigate large, and I mean LARGE, maps then it isn't for you. If you dig FPS and you're looking for a new offering then sign up for the Beta.

http://www.planetside2.com/
Abric
Lost

Re: Planetside 2 (F2P)

Unread post by Abric »

I was playing the beta last month and it just didn't pull me in like Planetside did.

They have added a lot of stuff since I last played, so I may test it out in a bit... but the IDEA and concept of Planetside has always been fucking awesome.

I hope it does well. Only good things can come from them getting Planetside 2 right.
Ashenfury
Lost

If you get on let me know. I haven't had anyone for infantry situations to play with. Friday nights they ask testers to stress test the servers and that's when the best gameplay I've ever seen comes around.
Hektar
Lost

Unread post by Hektar »

I remember enjoying Planetside for the most part. Except the hackers. I seem to remember playing with Abric and someone else and two of us were shooting the fuck outta some dude from the air and one of us from the ground and he would not die.
Ashenfury
Lost

Here's 4 PS2 Beta Keys

Planetside 2 Beta Entry:
43KMXPDCH9ZAHT7PFNTR
GZ42MFAMNZZEDCRENZK3
4C9CMZ993ZZMJCAXJFPN
ZJKN99NPZ9D6AZ4N6X6D

Do what you will with them.
Ashenfury
Lost

Re: Here's 4 PS2 Beta Keys

Whoops can someone append this thread to the existing PS2 thread please.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Tutorial Videos.

Unfortunately, Planetside 2 did not do what Planetside 1 did and give an ingame tutorial/stomping ground for you to test out the different weapons and kits (builds? certs? Whatever).

Instead, we get... videos?
Ashenfury
Lost

I'm in TXR and I must admit that if it weren't for those guys I would be totally fucking confused. The only part they really need a tutorial for is teleports (not warps), jump pads, base shields, and base generators. Even after seeing the symbols 100x I still can't find them when I'm in a hurry.

The server lag is fucking atrocious. Atrocious I say!

They need to make it very obvious that there are 1 point certs for every class and vehicle. Then you have to manually set them all up one at a time for each loadout. That alone increased my K:D to not being so embarrassed. I still suck balls but I'm learning quickly.

The final note that I have to make is that not nearly enough people seem to utilize spawning correctly. It's not a system problem it's a player problem. The system is actually pretty intuitive and tries to automate it to the closest point that you died. Problem is you die behind the action or out of the way a lot. Same goes for the 30 minute redeploy. The video mentions it and it's even in bright letters next to your hud saying hit this 1 button to instantly deploy to your squad leader.

I just purchased Borderlands 2 (about to post it) or I would be playing PS2 right now. Speaking of I'm on:

Server: Connery
Faction: Terran
Outfit: Total Recoil
Soldier name: Enforcer (can you believe I got the raw name?!)'

EDIT: I just realized you weren't talking about game tutorials but testing weapons. Yes that is so lame I'm not really sure what to say about it. I won't buy a weapon that costs so fucking much completely untested. That's like gambling.