Guild Wars 2 (Tarnished Coast Server)

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Bartantalus

Guild Wars 2 (Tarnished Coast Server)

Unread post by Bartantalus »

I have decided to roll on the Crystal Desert Server. Should any of you wish to join me on it go ahead. My first character( at least my human one) Will be named "Akira Tha". Hope to see some of you guys in it!
Viktor

Re: Guild Wars 2 Server/Names

Unread post by Viktor »

Well since I own it already anyway I will give the full retail product a shot. Will let you know on release day, not sure if it releases while I am at work.... :/
Kazthul
Lost

Unread post by Kazthul »

Word on the street is that Tarnished Coast is the unofficial RP server... I'll likely descend there.
Bartantalus

After further review of what servers and the spread of the comunity is, im gonig to be rolling on Dragon Brand instead.
Viktor

Unread post by Viktor »

Bartantalus wrote:After further review of what servers and the spread of the comunity is, im gonig to be rolling on Dragon Brand instead.
Well that server name does sound cooler ;p We all know that is all that counts!
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I didn't get much time during the beta events to try out different characters, so for the moment I'm mucking around with a necromancer on ... Tarnished Coast? I think that's what it's called. (And as I look up at Kaz's post, I see I'm right on that guess.) I looked for the unofficial RP server, even if I don't plan on RPing. I got my character started and past the first bit of story, to get to the main (?) city, but the lag got just so horrid that I bailed for the night. My char is adorable.

Viktor

Unread post by Viktor »

Yeah after downloading overnight I tried to get in like 10-20 this morning, only to find you apparently can't log on. The error claims it is my fault but strangely I can log into other games and any webpage I want. I imagine they somehow still failed to be prepared for their launch.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

They're leaving pretty constant updates on their Facebook page (and probably other locations), of how to work around various errors.
Kazthul
Lost

Unread post by Kazthul »

Word on the street is that Northern Shiverpeaks is the unofficial pvper haven.

Keep in mind, pvp is world versus world. So basically if you went there, you wouldn't fight anyone from your own server. It would be Northern Shiverpeaks pvp badasses vs Scrubby McScruberton's of other servers.

I might have to go and transfer there. Ha.
Swifthoof
Lost

Unread post by Swifthoof »

Im on Tarnished Coast.

My main (so far) is a Guardian called Iason
also have Kaboom, Slainte, Janus Swiftclaw, and Bjornvar.

I'm sure you can work out what races they are :).
Swifthoof
Lost

For sheer entertainment value check this out. Arenanet are suspending players for inappropriate names or swearing in chat and posting them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comm ... propriate/
Swifthoof
Lost

one of my favorites:
---
i would LOVE to re-read what 'Neurologic' was banned for. after that suspension's over i'mma drop some money into gems for more bankspace, because i had bank issues at bloody level 8 already :P

[–]ArenaNetSupportTeam 597 points 3 days ago

Name: OK Chat: Not ok -- Neurologic: "the worm IS fucking hard if you're a fucking mentalpatient no we fucking dont you can take a keep with 5 people if you're not a fucking dickhead"
---
[–]masterx25 113 points 3 days ago

I don't even understand what he said.
---
[–]yolo_translator 609 points 3 days ago

The worm that we are fighting is incredibly easy. Clearly you are having issues which may be related to a medical condition you are suffering from. Also it is easy to take over a keep in game if you are friendly to other people and know how to get along.
Bartantalus

Yep im siting on a 65 warrior as my main, did mannage to make 2gold on the trading post when the brought it up breifly and buy 2 bag slot exspansions with the gems i converted them to.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Tarnished Coast. Giggleswyck.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

Swifthoof wrote:For sheer entertainment value check this out. Arenanet are suspending players for inappropriate names or swearing in chat and posting them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comm ... propriate/

wait..a MMO company is actually enforcing their TOS?

/falls out of chair
WRA Grim: Duskheron