Dwarf Fortress Succession Game?

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Aureilya
Lost

Re: Dwarf Fortress Succession Game?

Unread post by Aureilya »

Araun wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:20 am Good news: the aquifer ram worked after all! Bad news: I discovered this by accidentally dropping the miners into the pit, killing one. The second one survived the fall but oddly didn't drown, and that's how I learned the aquifer was blocked off. I waited for the rest of the water to evaporate, built some stairs, and rescued the remaining miner. So, now we've got a half-built pump setup that's completely useless, and one 2x2 shaft into the earth.

I dig deeper and punch into a vast underground cavern containing a lot of galena and sphalerite which is... nice, I guess? There's some gems and silver scattered around as well.

I start working on getting farms going to make food and booze, explore around for minerals, and generally set up a fortress. Then, two kobold thieves arrive, and immediately walk into a bowdwarf who'd recently immigrated. They get punched to death, and each drop 6 or so artifacts each - including an artifact crossbow and a cape. We're rich, I guess?

I'll finish this up tomorrow, hopefully by getting some living space dug out in the stone and rigging up a drawbridge.
You really know how to make this game sound exciting. Sort of makes me want to try it out.
Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

@Araun - Sounds like a great start

@Pincus - Yep registered email will work now I fixed the forwarding
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

I'll set it up on Monday. I'll also add Aureilya to the list as well.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Don't trust him, Aureilya. I've been reading his stuff for years, and reading it is waaaay more interesting than the actual game.
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Okay I managed to get things stabilized and there's a rudimentary fortress set up. It violates all my normal rules about building a fortress (all the halls are 2x2 instead of 3x3, there's no good place for a trap hall, the dining hall is a single chair to be shared by 20 people) but it exists! I put in a couple hotkeys: F1 takes you to the top, F2 takes you to the workshop level (one level above the housing area), and F3 takes you to the magma forges down at the magma sea.

The lever in the manager's office theoretically seals the entrances with bridges but that's yet to be tested.

Who's next? Ashenfury? I've posted it here for now until Pincus can set things up tomorrow, then we can use the dropbox:
Last edited by Araun on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vbhh, m mkl, m k bni bng'vvvvc
AKA: Araun, the.
Ashenfury
Lost

Grabbing it now. Will try to have some progress written up tonight.
Ashenfury
Lost

Can you reupload with everything? All the add ons, hacks, and tilesets are missing from the zip.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Oops forgot to include the LNP directory. Try this one:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tami7 ... JsPJOm_nUA
Ashenfury
Lost

That one worked thanks.

Signed some petitions for monster slayers to reside at the fort.

A couple of fisherdorfs looked a bit too soft so they were drafted into the military and ordered to train.

Animals put to pasture, fields planted, work queued, stockpiles made, initial burrows drawn, and an official depot entrance with a flood tunnel marked for digging out to the north.

The fortress attracted no migrants this season.

The Werebuffalo Nemo has come! A large buffalo twisted into humanoid form. 10 units drafted to the military and ordered to attack. He got away and everyone who fought him perished. The catacombs are undergoing a rapid expansion.

8 dwarfs remain. 4 of them are monster slayers. Work has slowed to a crawl. The good news is that the merchants fled and left all of their goods. I have no doubt we'll soon see major raid activity due to our wealth.

A forgotten beast Omo appeared. He's emaciated and blind. Before I could reform a military summer came.

Where should I upload?

Code: Select all

Technical notes:

Enabled "Automatic Job Assignments"
  CLI: autolabor enable

Enabled "Other Automation plugins"

Enabled autostart for Soundsense
  Downloaded all sounds
  Disabled in-game sound

Disabled intro movie

Increased launch priority to ABOVE_NORMAL

Reduced child/infant cap to 20:20 ( <= 20% of pop)

Enabled Backup Saves (just in case)

Rebound help hotkey from ? to CTRL+SHIFT+?
The no migrants is kind of worrying. Hopefully our civ is healthy
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

We were getting them earlier so maybe all the werebeast deaths made people a little skittish? I know I would be wary of getting cursed to turn into a buffalo once a month, it would be hell on the floors at home.
Ashenfury
Lost

Ashenfury
Lost

Who's next?
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Pincus? That way he can post the next turn up on whatever dropbox he's making?
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

May need to skip me, I play on my Linux laptop, and proceeded to kill something setting up DF. The whole 700 meg was an additional mess. Even the keybindings got mucked up - so may need to pass until I can figure out this disaster.
Ashenfury
Lost

Khorshah, youre up