Overwatch Team Composition: "Get Rekt"

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Valindria
Lost

Overwatch Team Composition: "Get Rekt"

Unread post by Valindria »

I thought it might help if people who play to list which chars they tend to use if they like. While chars can change repeatedly during a match (and should), map strategy is part of the game just like PVP is in WoW

For myself, I'm a defense/support. My chars are Bastion, Symmetra, Mei and Mercy, in no particular order.
Keeper of the Vault, pseudo CFO
[Now shut up and give me your money! =P]
Riplie
Irredeemable

Re: Overwatch Team Composition: "Get Rekt"

Unread post by Riplie »

I play tracer. And pretty much tracer. I occasionally try bastion
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Offense - Pharah*, Soldier 76
Defense - Bastion*, Junkrat, Torbjorn, Widowmaker
Tank - Reinhardt*, D.Va, Roadhog
Support - Lucio, Symmetra

*Most frequent

I am willing to play all the others though, I enjoy learning them. I am terrible with Genji though, and not so hot with Hanzo.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Every match so far has been my team getting its ass handed to it, and tonight I played one before bed where I had a 6 kill streak and several multi kills with Bastion, the team was doing very well and I was literally 2.6 seconds away from winning for the first time and I lost connection to battle.net. I think I'm going to have to put the game down for a while so I don't uninstall it. I assume that you lose what progress you might have made if you don't finish a match.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Pugs can be rough, and Bastion, while amazing, is very hard to survive a long time with if the others know what they are doing. You need to join up with some of us! It makes life much easier, and gives you the time to learn and really solidify a character.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Bishoph
Lost

Unread post by Bishoph »

Im all about that support class. I am good with any one depending on the situation. I am also good with the snipers in particular Widowmaker.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Updated my list adding in Lucio. He is fun as hell.

Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Offense: Tracer*, Pharah
Defense: Elytra*, Mei*, Junkrat
Support: Lucio*
Tank: Reinhardt*, and the others depending on situation

Man I've been suckin' the last few days to the point of being embarrassed in our groups =) I'll get there I always do just need to learn the maps and quit throwing myself into enemy fire.

- My tracer game is strong when I focus on pulling the enemy team off of the objective with flanking. Also really good at objective tapping with her to really slow down offensive pushes.

- I've gotten a LOT better as Elytra. Her gameplay depends on knowing the map as well as Torborjn. I'm good with sentry placement and getting better with the right click charge through enemy hotspots. Terrible at portal placement but I expect that improve.

- Primarily lucio for support. Any maps with smooth walls gives a big advantage to lucio. I'm averaging around 4k per match if I play him for at least 80% of the time. I'm confident I can get that number much higher if I play more conservative.

- Tanking is my least favorite but I do spend a little time each night so that I can get better. Reinhardt is my best so far although I neglect the charge when there's a moving objective since he's just so good at holding the cart.
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

Offense: Soldier 76
Defense: Mei
Support: Mercy
Tank: Reinhardt

Soldier 76: Offense is my least favorite role, but this char seems to work best for me.

Mei: I am getting pretty good with her. This evening, I had an ultimate that took out 5 people and secured the win in the last 10 seconds of the game. /flex

Mercy: My go to. Mercy boosting bastion can shut down a whole offense.

Reinhardt: Sometimes I just like to soak up fire and laugh as my teammates wipe out everyone.

Poincare#1891 Add me.
Sunderpalm

Unread post by Sunderpalm »

Damage: Junkrat, Widowmaker, Mei. Started Pharah, like her alot.
Defend: Torbjorn, Symmetra, trying bastion (still haven't found a good palystyle with him)
Support: Lucio, Mercy, trying Zenyatta (still not great with him)

Sunderpalm#1897, I'll be adding all btags here. Feel free to invite or even just contact me if you see me playing.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Last week I managed to get the play-of-the-game highlight with Soldier 76. The play wasn't as flashy as some I've seen, but it was solid and worthy of the title.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!