Overwatch schedule (like RBGs)

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Poll: Are you interested participating in a scheduled Grim premade? (No commitment)

Yes, let's discuss what days and times work best
100%
No, I prefer to setup my own grouping (and I kick puppies)
No votes
Meh
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ashenfury
Lost

Overwatch schedule (like RBGs)

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Quick poll to see interest for setting up a couple of days for playing Overwatch as a group. Not an official roster or anything just a set time that we know we can drop in and out of some Grim groups. If at least 2-3 are interested we'll do another poll for best days of week and times of day.
Anaie
Lost

Re: Overwatch schedule (like RBGs)

Unread post by Anaie »

I'd be game. Depending on the night and time. The in game voice comm works great by the way, no need to run it with mumble.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Same. I prefer playong games like OW with people, so assuming it's at a workable time I'd like to join in.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

If there's actually a dedicated group of us playing I might be persuaded to pick up a copy. I just hate playing with random people because sometimes it takes me a bit to get the hang of FPS.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

It is a very different FPS though Ruuki remember that. You can play a support character that relies more on not killing than anything else. Some of the tanks are just big shields, and there are a lot of buffers/healers/builders that don't rely on being a big FPSer. Yes they have to shoot as well, but that is not their main role! It's a great game. Also, they don't track K:D on the score sheets at the end, so you don't have that pressure of maintaining a K:D ratio up.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Valindria
Lost

Unread post by Valindria »

I play support/defensive Ruuki, and neither are really DPS. So you're not pigeonholed into one role, and you can switch on death when in the base. I could show you a few tricks, but once you start, if you decide to do that, I think you'll feel more comfortable after a few games. One of the critical things about this game is that it's high mobility, pretty much all the time.

I'm open to joining in a few games, but the voice chat tends to stop working after a while and won't come back without restarting the game. (No, leaving and rejoining voice chat does not work.)

I agree that playing with people you know is best, because pugs are tards.
Keeper of the Vault, pseudo CFO
[Now shut up and give me your money! =P]
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Odd, I've had no issues with in game voice chat.

Valindria
Lost

Unread post by Valindria »

I don't know why it happens and it tends to drop during a game. I have the network icon enabled for when it's lagging but it doesn't come up, or maybe I'm missing it.
Keeper of the Vault, pseudo CFO
[Now shut up and give me your money! =P]
Bishoph
Lost

Unread post by Bishoph »

The Game rocks, better than Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO.
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Felsyn and I have been playing, so if you see us around his us up.

AquiziTC#1129

I kinda like Roadhog a lot, and my Lucio and Zenyatta are pretty ok. I kinda like being in the thick of things.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

I rocking it as Pharah and Reinhardt now. Good with Bastion, decent with Torborjn (but he is kind of boring). Improving with Widowmaker, which annoys me that im not doing better, as I love to snipe... that said, I LOVE charging in with Reinhardt and laying down the smack while my team pours in behind or laying waste to the entire enemy team with a barrage from the sky.

Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Sounds like we have a quorum! I'll do aonther poll for best day and time soon. There's another thread for sharing battletags btw. Make sure to post yours there for Grim networking.

I'm pretty middle of the field in terms of skill but am quickly learning. I don't really have a best character and I switch so much during a match I almost never get a card unless I'm in pubs. Assuming the opposing team comp has a weakness to the character these are the heroes I prefer in order:

tracer, mei, lucio, reinhardt, pharah, winston
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

I'd jump in here and there if I'm home and not busy.
Last edited by Mohan on Sat May 28, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bishoph
Lost

Unread post by Bishoph »

I love the game and have spent most of my free time playing it this week. The main thing I have to dislike is the lack of effort and willingness of the intentional function of a successful group. With this being said, I want to throw my name in the hat to join in. I mainly play support and defense, but am good with a few of the others. My character choices are as follows, in no particular order:

Mei, Pharah, Soldier 76, Hanzo, WIdowmaker, Reinhardt and every single support class (different healers for different situations)
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

I just picked it up today and am loving it. So far I am drawing more towards the support classes and tank classes, but am still trying things out.