Twitch Streaming

The Dark Portal was never alone. Other lands and adventures await The Grim (( Forums for other games The Grim have a presence in, official and unofficial ))

Moderator: Officers

Tenrilaux

Twitch Streaming

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

For the few of you I have friended on Facebook, you have read me bitching and planning and wondering what the fuck I'm doing with all this gear I'm trying to get. Well, some background and future thoughts...

So I play games... basically all the time. This isn't really news, or much of a shock for most of us in this guild/company, we like our games for the most part. So anyway, if I'm not at work, I'm probably playing -something.- I'm the kind of guy who talks to myself a lot, and started wondering about streaming or whatever. I mean, I play games anyway, and I like to think I'm quick enough to keep up some banter, and most people (seriously like 90% of people I ever meet) get along with me and seem to like my company. So the thought was, stream -- see what happens. The goal isn't necessarily to become popular and make this a livelihood, but if it happened, it'd be something I'd probably seriously pursue. If nothing comes of it, who cares? I'll still play games and still might stream.

I initially thought I couldn't stream due to crappy upstream speeds for my ISP. It's good internet, but this company seems to keep upstreams slow for some reason. I thought about doing YouTube Let's Plays, but that's not really something you -start- doing these days; the market is saturated. I thought about doing kind of a psychology analysis series for video game characters, and I still may do that some day, but then I found out that I can actually stream after all, in 720p at 30fps. Not THE ULTRA BEST, but not bad, and watchable.

So I've started to dabble. Nerves are... a thing! I could have tried streaming more, but I dunno, I'm being timid for some fucking reason. Anyway, I'm here at http://www.twitch.tv/aquizit/profile so if you're bored or like to watch streams or all of your favorite broadcasters are offline or ... I don't know! It's there if you wanna see it.