Malkaris, The Kaldorei Shade

These are the biographies of The Grim members.
Malkaris

Malkaris, The Kaldorei Shade

Unread post by Malkaris »

Full Name: Malkaris Darkfire
Nicknames: The Kaldorei Shade, Malk.
Date of Birth: 1,000 years before the Sundering
Race: Forsaken (Formally A Kaldorei (Status: Highborne)
Hair: Dark Blue
Skin: Pale white with a hint of blue
Eyes: Resemble the waters within moonwells (white/blue glow)
Height: 7.5 feet standing straight. Rarely does he hunch over.
Weight: 184 pounds about. Muscular build, typical to male Kaldorei. His features seem a bit more..gaunt however due to his undeath.
Place of residence: No actual place of residence. Wanders a lot.
Place of Birth: Zin-Azshari

Religion/Philosophy: Formally a Worshipper of Elune. Has sense grown disillusioned with his current state and has turned his back on her.

In essence, Malkaris doesn't give a damn about anything or anyone. Rarely does he form bonds of any sort (though when he does, he makes sure to show how violently he can erase the mistake of the birth of whomever may harm those he does form those attachments to) . He finds that trusting others may be the possible cause (again) of his permanent death and as such he does not intend to make the same mistake again.

Group/Guild affiliation: The Grim
Guild Rank: Harbinger of Ruin

Enemies: The Alliance. Kaldorei in particular. The Scourge. the Burning Legion (Especially)

Likes: Kaldorei (not a mistake, reason for that being here). Music. Practicing his abilities. Engaging in sword play from time to time out of nastolgia and fond memories.

Favorite Foods: Sweets. Spicy foods. Rarely if ever engages in Cannibalism. Has a growing fondness for the foods the Ethereals sell.

Favorite Drinks: anything alcoholic. Fruit Juices.

Favorite Colors: no actual favorite colors. some are more appealing perhaps...but no favorites.

Weapons of Choice: Shadows tinged with electrical power. Machiavellian tactics.

Dislikes: Most things. Things have to work their way up in his eyes, or he has to grow fond of them over time.

Hobbies: Swordsmanship, Occasional Archery. Walking along moonlit coasts or by lakes, speaking to his estranged goddess.

Physical Features: Very Handsome even in undeath having not actually rotten away with time, though some rotting had begun near his mouth, stretching from the corner of the right side of his mouth, out to about halfway to his ear.

Special Abilities: His shadow spells tend to have a hint of electrical energy due to his experimentation a small time after the sundering.

Never gave up his immortality to the World Tree at the battle of Mount Hyjal to defeat Archimonde.

Positive Personality Traits: Curious. Disarmingly patient and even friendly. Tenacious.

Negative Personality Traits: Caustic / Twisted sense of humor. His unrelenting nature can sometimes get the best of him and becomes very cold and unsympathizing at all to cries of pain and suffering, from anything.

Misc. Quirks:undergoes irregular bouts of insanity due to psychological trauma during the sundering and the magics unleashed.

Played by What Famous Person: Oded Fehr

Theme Songs: Lookaway - Sepultura

History:  What pain it brought him to remember his long forgotten past, buried away so deep beneath what was left of his smoldering heart.  It struck him as odd, that such things would come forth with only a simple question in regards to his daughter, whom he had not seen for quite a long time...

Kalimdor was different that what It is today... There was but one continent, its lands fought over by Kaldorei, and Trolls...

And the the Well of Eternity was still in existence washing over us all with its power.

It was hard to hard to remember what Zin-Azshari was like, but what he did remember lent him the satisfaction of knowing how beautiful his home once was...before the Legion.

He, like most Night Elf males, was suited for the Arcane arts before they were outlawed, and he took well to them... in a manner of speaking. Much of the time when he was supposed to be researching, he would watch the Sentinels engage in their combat exercises which kept him enthralled for as long as they lasted...

and so he would leave his home and find a secluded place in the forests and practice what he had learned by himself...

He had a small family...or so he thought, Malkaris wasn't sure though he remembers having a daughter..or a daughter like individual in his care... yes, that what it was..wasn't it?

And so he continued to practice the arcane, as well as the martial until the Legion began its campaign of corruption. He was highborne...and he would follow what Queen Azshara wished...

The Legion had promised power beyond anything they could imagine, pretty pictures were drawn and assurances given... He had begun to dabble into the dark arts, turning what he knew to dark purpose...

But confusion ensued. Dath'Ramar Sunstrider came and saved him from Zin-Azshari, but he lost sight of his savior having ended up with Malfurion Stormrage's group, along with Illidan and his watcher Maiev...

And then his home was no more...Azshara had condemned herself to the depths, cursing the rest of the Highborne and becoming the Naga that are about to this day...

The well of Eternity could not withstand the forces that the Highborne had weaved to close the portal to the twisting nether and Sargaras' forces, causing it to implode, and drive itself into the world creating a fissure so large, it reaches the world's core. It shattered Kalimdor, creating a new ocean with the maelstrom at its center where the Well of Eternity first imploded.

He was banned from the use of the arcane...after Illidan had used the stolen vials of energy from the first well of eternity to create the second world tree and three of the dragon aspects grew the world tree upon it...

so he devoted himself to martial combat that he had learned before...
but when he could he would venture out and visit his brethren which had changed considerably over time and had become the High Elves as they called themselves...

Life went on for a time... He remembered being happy at least...despite his past being filled with so much sorrow. the sorrow of losing a home...of being an outcast and not being able to remember your child's face.

But he was happy...he thought he was... he left the High Elves to their own devices..

((Continued later when I streamline a bit. Copied most of it from the TNG forums as i was in a rush at the time of this post heh. Still works though.))
~Malkaris, The Antediluvian~
Amaurn

Re: Malkaris, The Kaldorei Shade

Unread post by Amaurn »

An odd fellow, though I have fought with him many times, I cannot say I trust him. He told me once he used to be a Night Elf.... we cannot be faulted for what we were but he seems to have a strange attachment to his old life.

One to watch.
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/amaurn.png[/img]
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

An interesting one. Bouts of melancholy interspersed with a control of fel magics to be admired. I learned more watching it than any other since the days of my apprenticeship but of late it has turned from the true path of destruction to the more pleasing but inevitably weaker path of affliction. Coincides with its increased alcohol intake perhaps. A friendship to be cultivated if only because of its strong connections with the leadership.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Cessily

Unread post by Cessily »

A drunken bum, a Kaldorei, a Warlock and stupid.

When I think someone is too flawed, I think of Malkaris, and remember "There is no such thing as 'too' flawed.".

The High Inquisitor asked me to avoid fighting with him. To respect him. Since that's impossible, I will just have to pretend he doesn't exist. Or else... my blades might slip. And ancient heads will roll.
Last edited by Cessily on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.