Elinel Veilleux

These are the biographies of The Grim members.
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Elinel Veilleux

Unread post by Elinel »

Full Name: Born Adelle Lunois
Alias outside of Dalaran: Elinel Veilleux, though she has now taken the name Elinel Renn
Titles or Nicknames: The Kirin Tor know her as Audra Ren, as that is the name of the body she resides in
Age: I lost count a long time ago. Somewhere around 3000 maybe?
Race: Born Shal’dorei, currently residing in a Half Blood Elf/Half Troll body (though she does not yet know half is troll)
Hair: White
Eyes: Purple
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 115 lbs, though it is rude to ask
Notable Physical Features: A grotesque black scar on her left ribs, grey veins protruding and disappearing as they reach out across her torso. The scar occasionally emits a sublte grey smoke.

Place of residence: Dalaran
Place of Birth: Suramar
Known Relatives: Mother, Father, 2 Brothers, 1 Sister still in Suramar but does not reveal their identities

Religion/Philosophy: Nothing notable

Occupation: Scroll Scholar, currently a graduate student at Dalaran University finishing her Illusory Arcanism dissertation, but also does a bit of freelance Inscription.
Guild Rank: Supplicant
Known Associates: many members of the Kirin Tor, Mellinoe
Known Nemesis: none that know about it.

Special Skills: Illusion and transfiguration, infiltration, impeccable handwriting, planning and organization, surprisingly good at finding things, NOT combat.
Positive Personality Traits: Intelligent, clever, ambitious, generous
Negative Personality Traits: Snobby and elitist, a bit racist toward non-elves, short temper, prideful

History Before The Grim:

My name is Adelle Lunois, though you may know me as Elinel Veilleux. Though I don’t remember how old I am anymore, my long life has been spent inside Suramar. I was born in Suramar while it was walled off and I have known nothing else but the confines of my city until very recently. As a citizen of Suramar I was a merchant for the Twilight Vineyards. I had previously studied at the University of Suramar and graduated with honors as a Scroll Scholar. However, with the growing political climate and mana withdrawal that our citizens faced, I hung up my staff to serve my community.

I saw a lot of people during my time as a merchant. The Evermoon Bazaar was always bustling with citizens, both Grand Magistrix Ellisandre loyalists and Nightfallen rebels, and towards the end of the occupation - adventurers. As a merchant I was considered neutral for the most part, though I often assisted Nightfallen agents to distribute “stolen” arcwine to those most in need. A Shal’dorei is a Shal’dorei - we all needed arcwine whether we could afford to buy it or not. Many adventurers showed me kindness. At this point I didn’t realize they fought for opposite sides of a faction war I knew nothing of. To my people, they were saviors.

When the nightwell dependence finally ended and our withdrawal torment ceased, we were finally free. Unfortunately this was not the end of our strife. We had expected to be able to rejoin the Kaldorei society, as that is where we came from. To our surprise, we were harshly rejected by our own kin. While we were accepted with open arms and understanding by the Sin’dorei, it did not completely help the rage we felt. Do not get me wrong - I am grateful to be accepted by the Sin’dorei and The Horde. But the rejection has left a lasting scar.

I took this opportunity to take up my staff again. The constant thrumming of fel magic in conflict with the unused arcane magic balled up inside me made me long for an outlet to use it. As I travelled and searched for my place in the new world, I discovered the Illusory Arcanism graduate program at Dalaran University. All students who are accepted to Dalaran University expected to renounce their separate allegiances and align with the neutrality of the Kirin Tor.

My first year of the program was intense and isolated. As I am used to the isolation, this did not bother me. I have been told that this first year is intended to prune away the unworthy. My graduating class was cut down to 25% by the time the year ended. My second year involved quite a bit of field research. This is where I believe that my second life truly began.

My first research assignment sent me to Howling Fjord to deliver supplies to the Tuskar. On my way I ran into somebody who called himself “Silvermoon” Harry, who harangued me to retrieve his Sin’dorei scrying stone. This “Sin’dorei” was clearly a human, and did not deserve such a unique artifact. I located the scrying stone and decided to keep it for myself. I replaced one of the eyes of my Woolmancer’s Charge staff with the crystal. This allows me to remove it and use it when I need to. Surely he won’t miss it.

My second research assignment sent me Silithus to investigate the properties of a mysterious substance. It was quickly clear to me that the mages of Dalaran were not the first to be aware of this substance. While I was examining it, I was consistently attacked by various people who also wanted to claim it for themselves. Their cies of “For the Alliance” rang throughout Silithus. I heard about the Horde and Alliance conflict in my first year, but the mages of the Kirin Tor are neutral so that conflict did not exist in the University, though many do still cling to their biases.

I did not know how I recognized many of my combatants, but after a while I realized I knew them from Suramar. They were the adventurers who aided our cause. When I attempted to cordially approach them, they would still continue their onslaught. This is when it occurred to me who the Alliance really were. Just like the Kaldorei. They didn’t care who I was - they only cared that I wasn’t one of them.

As the war over Azerite went on, I grew more and more bitter toward the Alliance for the hatred they blindly showed my people after helping to free us. I realized that the Alliance really are only out for glory and reward, they have no true honor. Their chivalry is a facade. They are not honorable. They are not loyal. They seek only glory and fame.

This was not the Kirin Tor’s war and they urged me to stay out of it. I agreed and went back to my studies. Though I couldn’t sit there and let this continue to happen. This is when I sought out Magni Bronzebeard. I had heard of his name and location when I was researching in Silithus. When he asked me my name, I told him that my name was Elinel Veilleux and I stood for the Horde. He and the Horde could not know my true name or I would be expelled from Dalaran University and the Kirin Tor. Being a University student gives me access to information, magic, and artifacts and access to the Alliance that I otherwise would not have. So in order to use that information and access I cannot withdraw from the University or the Kirin Tor. Adelle would continue to do the work of the Kirin Tor, but Elinel is now a proud and motivated member of the Horde.

While I am skilled at illusions, I am not a strong fighter. I knew I couldn’t face my new challenges alone. Through the fighting I commonly heard the battle cries “Peace through Annihilation” and knew these combatants must be a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps we can help each other. So I sought out an audience with The Grim and attempted to prove my worth.

I have recently been quietly called upon by the Knights of the Ebon Blade to assist with the events of Icecrown, as many heroes of The Grim have lately as well. I have used this opportunity to declare my graduate thesis as “Illusions Utilizing Non-Native Azerothian Magic'' and have secured a research assignment in Oribos. The University does not know that I have been summoned previously by the Knights of the Ebon blade and have tasks outside of my declared research.

When I finish my third year at Dalaran University, I will officially hold the title of Illusionary Arcanist as well as an apprenticed leadership in the Kirin Tor if I can maintain a high position in my graduating class. There are more ways than studying to secure this position.

I believe that my position in the Kirin Tor as well as my skills in illusion and deception make me an invaluable asset to the Horde and to The Grim. If you do not let me down, I will not let you down.
Last edited by Elinel on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elinel
Dreadweaver

Re: Elinel Veilleux

Unread post by Elinel »

Now currently residing in a Half Blood Elf/Half Troll body, Elinel still resides in Dalaran posing as Audra Renn who is employed by the Kirin Tor in the Illusory and Teleportation Governance department. The process of soul transfer has left Elinel feeling bloodthirsty urges, and the would left by Addikus's daggers seeps with what appears to be a corruption of some sort.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13139