Memories of Mai'kull

These are the biographies of The Grim members.
Maikull
Lost

Memories of Mai'kull

Unread post by Maikull »

** Be it by fate or misfortune, a red leather bound book lay in your hands. The front and back cover is embroidered with several minor Fel Crystals, with a large Sun Stone set in the center which give off a faint glow and pulse. Golden wire seems intertwined with the cover connecting the gems together feeding into the spine. The book seems to be in good condition; however opening the book you find the inside pages hollowed out to fit several engineering parts where the golden wires feed into. Spread across both covers is embedded parts to a Auction memory module broken down and re-wired. Sitting in the center is a Personal Hologram device deconstructed and somehow spliced around a Soul Gem.

A small crackle of magic sparks from the Soul Gem and a miniature arcane projection of an Undead Male appear. Draped in darkened Fireweave Robes the small projection looks up at you as if waiting for a response before speaking. **

“This is an interactive pre-recorded message from the Forsaken Supplicant Mai’kull Fireweaver. This message has been pre-programmed to respond to basic inquiries into the personality, biography, and social aspects of the targeted author. Any questions you have feel free to speak aloud and if an answer has been pre-programmed, it shall be answered. For any questions with no answers pre-recorded, the question will be stored and relayed via harmonization crystal, and an answer can be programmed by the author should he choose too.”
** As the message ends, the projection stands there again looking at you. Etched in light ink, several questions begin to appear on the page below. As you speak the words of each question, the projection springs to life, reciting the pre-recorded message to you **

Who are you?
“My name is Mai’kull, my surname was lost to me yet I have taken up the name Fireweaver. Not just for the fact I am a Pyromancer, but Fireweave is also my preferred style of clothing. I was born before the third war, and was young, too young when Quel’thelas was attacked and the Sunwell tainted. As far as my current age, between the memory loss from undeath and what memories I lost during my recent slumber I have lost numerical count. I have been in a state of trance like slumber since the fall of Death wing, and have just recently awoken to the rise of the Burning Legions Invasions. Much is lost to me, yet much remains, and I float in a state of adjustment, reacquainting myself to the worlds around me.”
Where are you from?
“I was born in Eversong Woods. I do recall my mother was a Ranger and enjoyed the outdoors, wished to embark that upon me, my father was a simple Magister. I spent my early years tailing my father around Silvermoon City before beginning my apprenticeship in Dalaran. I remember going to the city for the first time, seeing Prince Kael’thas training in an open courtyard, it was inspiring…”
What brings you to the Grim?
“No one man in this world can bring about change. Even the Heroes of old stand on the backs and bodies of countless others who helped elevate them. Alone I am nothing, a drop of rain, a speck of dust in the wind, a crackle of embers. But together, under a unified front, rain can drown out the world, wind erodes the mountains, and flames destroy all in its path. One may make the start, but it’s the combined efforts of others that make change, that make a difference.

In my research, the Grim is a very old and very prestigious organization. One does not make it this long without doing SOMETHING right, most halfhearted guilds fall and disband but the Grim stands on, and that says something. I don’t follow just anyone, and unless shown to be unworthy, I will follow onto the end. From what I have seen, I do believe I was right in my assumption, that the Grim is the banner to follow under. However, as much as I am tested, I too will hold judgement over the Grim. Only time will tell if either of us find the other worthy.”
Who’s banner did you serve under before the Grim?
“As a child I didn’t spend long in Dalaran; the Prince had rounded us all up after the attack. I did what I could, running errands and supplies around for the adult’s relief effort. I knew many were dead, never found my parents, I knew they had perished as well. I felt a sense of honor being able to light some of the funeral pyres, and an overzealous passion for lighting the body pits of fallen scourge.

It was decided due to the encroachment of Trolls, that I accompany Kael’thas and his vanguard into Outland. I was just glad to have earned my keep, and not be grouped in with the rest of the orphans. It was in the Outland I spent most of my maturity. I learned many things. The things men will do for addiction, watched friends and heroes wither and crumble into wretched beings. I learned how to send a message, learned how to take a stand, and learned the pain of betrayal as Kael’thas sold out our people.

I served as a Scryer for many years before the Dark Portal was open again and I was able to return home. A Partially rebuilt Silvermoon, the Horde, and biggest shock of all were the Forsaken. Sylvanas was like a Pin-up model to me growing up. I had a painting of her in my old room. It was weird to see so many Forsaken whom I had previously known as Sin’dorei. I spent a lot of time in the Undercity, and exploring the world of Azaroth again, but I made sure to be on the frontlines when we brought Kael’thas to his knees.

After the Sun well was relit, albeit not by our hands, I returned to Dalaran and served as a Sunreaver. I was deployed all along Northrend in the warfront against the Litch King. Once again, I stood by and saw justice to those who wronged my people. I aided Sylvanas and pushed forward until the man who tore my world apart was slain. It was comforting to know Lady Sylvanas stood on the frontlines, Lor’themar was nowhere to be found, ungrateful bastard barley wished to lend aid on that warfront.

Following the fall of Northrend, I watched the world around me change and grow. Under Garrosh the Horde bolstered its standings, the trolls took back their islands, Sylvanas pushing forward spreading her influence and domain in the Eastern Kingdoms…and the Sin’Dorei just stood still. All talk, and either none or begrudgingly little effort made. I couldn’t do it anymore. My heart still stands with my people, but I needed real direction, and backing of a leader who wasn’t afraid to make a difference.

When Sylvanas revealed her Vylker and their ability to make more Forsaken, I volunteered as a test subject. I drank from the plague and was risen again, a full-fledged member of the Forsaken. Honestly aside from the visual aspect of things, I never saw a difference between them, they were all the same Quel’Dorei and Humans I grew up around as a child, I felt at home. I served under the Forsaken, a guild of undead (Forsaken, Death Knight, Warlock only) until the Earth Shattering Cataclysm came to an end, with the fall of Death Wing.

It was after that I was given the opportunity to experience the sweet embrace of death, as all Forsaken had at one point felt, and was placed in a deep coma, only to awaken once again to an all changing world.”
What can you bring to the Grim?
"I am a Fire-Mage by trade, as such anything you need burned to the ground, and I’m your man. It has been a while, but I once had a passion for battlegrounds and the thrill of open warfare. Wasn’t so much a fan of Arenas. I have served in many raiding campaigns throughout the world since the opening of the Dark Portal, leading to the Cataclysm. I have lost knowledge of my former professions, but once set on the right path, I’m determined enough to master them. My greatest strength I feel is my tactical analysis. I served as Tactical Advisor for my former Guild, and lead some of the first Assaults on Alliance Capital Cities, mapping flight patterns of aerial patrols and outlining breaching points, as well as managing battlefield diversion tactics to keep reinforcements off priority targets. As a mage I also offer free portal services to anyone I am aligned with."
What are some of your faults?
"As much as I acknowledge the need for others, I prefer to work alone. I do not do well in “Social” situations, and do my best to avoid them at all cost. I am always open to assisting others who are in need, or serving on a raid group. But once the job is complete, I tend to slink back off on my own.

I am very head strong. I respect authority and rank, as I have served in many military operations; however, many take their titles and accomplishments to their head, forgetting that none of that shit means anything to me. One who shows respect deserves it, and I’ll be damned if someone I don’t know tries to teach me a lesson in humility for their own entertainment. Not saying this mindset hasn’t gotten me in spots of trouble, but its not something that will go away.

Currently, I am empty handed. Returning from my slumber, my coffers are bare, my professions a blur, and my vault empty. Tangibly I currently have nothing to offer the Grim other than my will and resolve, which I understand to many who are willing to take one on “faith”. I currently stand to rebuild myself, my knowledge, and my resources, all which I would share with the Grim should I be ascended."
((Respond IC and ask whatever question you like, and I shall update the original post with your question/answer!))