Witchdoctor Aderlee

These are the biographies of The Grim members.
Aderlee
Lost

Witchdoctor Aderlee

Unread post by Aderlee »

Full Name: Aderlee

Titles or Nicknames: (None by the Grim) Witchdoctor Aderlee, Doctor

Race: Currently Sandfury Troll, originally Gurubashi Troll

Physical Features: Tall and lanky, moving at a slow gait and a glazed over look to his eyes, Aderlee would seem at a minimum approachable and more likely goofy. Dyed red hair match his uncharacteristic (for a Sandfury) red eyes, which contain a wealth of knowledge and understanding upon very close inspection. His skin is covered in hundreds of piercings and studs, never more than an inch apart from each other, his blue skin mixed with endless glints of silver. Various trinkets, fetishes, rings and bells are attached to his robes, giving every movement he makes a jingling, almost musical as he walks. While in battle, Aderlee's robes makes an eerie song, and his spellcasting appears more of a dance. While speaking, his voice carries a deep, resonating tone.

Currently he wears an old Grim tabard, previously owned by Thulgrim, bloody and faded.

Residence: A rarely used bunk in the Grim Guild Hall is kept extremely neat and clean of dirt. His semi-permanent residence is an old lab in the Ghostlands.

Place of Birth: Born in a rickety wooden hut on stilts on the outskirts of Zul'Gurub

Religion / Philosophy: Aderlee respects and consults many voodoo troll spirits. Over time studying with various different troll tribes, he may call upon or speak to many different spirits when it is convenient to him, but must take care to reciprocate their help to stay in their good graces. His original master taught him not to worship a single loa, but all things living and dead. Aderlee has taken this to the extreme and has tried to glean knowledge from witchdoctors all over Azeroth, eventually coming to the conclusion that Hakkar is the most powerful force in nature, and that blood magic is the most powerful kind of magic he can wield. Existing as long as he has, he finds it difficult to make attachments to most living beings as the majority have passed in time. He takes several days to make decisions that would take most people minutes or hours, as he feels no urgency in time.

Occupation: Relatively weak and somewhat clumsy, Aderlee was not accepted as a warrior. He took it upon himself to learn the art of weaving shadows, and used trickery and deceit to give him an advantage. Eventually being accepted as a witchdoctor's apprentice, Aderlee realized that knowledge as power, and developed a hunger to learn any scrap of knowledge he could. He continues to this day his quest for knowledge, and never considers his own training complete, even as he has taught hundreds of apprentices of his own.

Guild Rank: Reaper

Known Associates: Argent Crusade- The Lich King presented one of the greatest threats Aderlee had seen, so he joined the crusade to distribute his potions and lend his healing aid.

Masuabie the Huntmaster- Aderlee and Masuabie have teamed up for several adventures, and he is one of Aderlee's few but trusted friends.

Matthias Reiter- Aderlee has teamed up with the Deathstalker Matthias on several occasions, and is known to keep in correspondence.

Special Skills and Personality Traits: Aderlee uniquely wields blood magic as his primary source of voodoo. His magic uses the body's own blood and biological functions to heal and protect, or as the need arises, break down and destroy. Aderlee is very adept as creating potions and brews, and has a knack for explosive mechanical devices. He has a strange quirk of bobbing his head, sort of like a bird, and in general is seen smiling and punctuating his sentences with a short laugh.

History:

Knowledge is Power

More recently after the fall of The Lich King and leaving the Argent Crusade, Aderlee developed an addiction to fel magic while conducting research on fel magic. To this day, a very small presence of fel can be detected in him. In pursuit of this research, Aderlee joined Black Dawn, a dark guild dead set on bringing terror to The Kingdom of the Sun, following the leadership of Althir. Learning all that he could of fel magic, Aderlee retreated into the Ghostlands to build his lab and consolidate what he learned onto parchment. Spending two years in solitude, Aderlee emerged and learned of Sanctuary. Attempting to give complete peace a chance, Aderlee joined (mostly because he really liked the purple color on their tabards), but soon realized his mistake as there can never exist a peace with the alliance. Venturing into Ashran and lending his aid once again to the fighting forces, Aderlee was convinced that the only way to keep himself and the horde safe was by eliminating the alliance. To reach this end, Aderlee joined The Grim.

Song: Tool - Parabol/Parabola
Khorvis

Re: Witchdoctor Aderlee

Unread post by Khorvis »

This witchdoctor's craft do trouble me. There do be something about him that I cannot set my thumb upon... something not quite right. For now, I do welcome his strength in the service of the Mandate. I do hope I was right in my decision to raise his tattooed hide to the rank of Reaper. All fates do be beyond my sight. Time will tell.