The Tome of Symmetry

These are the biographies of The Grim members.
Bishoph
Lost

The Tome of Symmetry

Unread post by Bishoph »

This is the autobiography of Bishoph Steele.

The turmoil of my life has been of chaos ever since my discovery of Shadow magic. Perhaps it would be best if I started from the beginning... I vaguely remember my previous life. I was a Scholar who studied and documented all sorts of books and scrolls for the Church in a city called Stratholme. I lived a simple boring life spent in countless hours of contemplation of all types of material concerning the Divine arts.One day I discovered a strange book that was buried in the very back of a section in the library called Dangerous Dieties. Me being a self described expert of Demonology and Eschatology I figured I'd take a gander. But the oddest thing happened to me. For as soon as I lay my eyes on the bindings of the book my focus seemed to stare intently as if mistifisd by the thing. I quickly gathered the book and saw a crest of a raven on the cover. Right below it had the title "The Seeker of Ravens." I read it aloud in amazement. The book seemed to call to me..beckoning my soul to read the contents within. I quickly grasped the book tightly to my chest and returned to my table. I moved all the other clutter on the table to the floor. The book was sealed by a wax seal that had the crest of Gilneas stamped in the wax. (I found this information on the crest years later from my on the field training). I broke the seal with a blessed dagger given to me by my superior clergyman. The pages within were blank. I was completely dumbfounded.. I closed the book and read the title aloud again... "The Seeker Of Ravens"...suddenly I felt the urge to open the book again. This time there was some indesipherable markings on the first page. My eyes now glued to the book. The book itself seemed to shake along with the table. It lifted a few inches off the ground then slammed back on the table. My entire body became immovable. Strangely enough I felt no sense of fear or panic. My body seemed to inch closer to the book where my face was merely inches from the book. The markings a blur now... The markings seem to glow as they effortlessly jumped off the page and into my mind. I had visions of Ravens swirling all around me as I sat there. The next page turned on its own as the words then wrote themselves as I read and understood the once foreign writings. Each page turned the birds would cry out. With each cowl my body would sear in immense pain..I was understanding this language as my own now. The ways of Shadow magic, quite different from what I saw from the priests of Azeroth.

I read the final phrase of the book. Overwhelmed by this I collapsed at my table. I had died. This damned book had killed not only my body but my pride. I awoke one day, as if dead for centuries, in Tirisfal Glades. The Forsaken had took me in and showed me how to harness my power little by little. Keep in mind I knew nothing of the Scourge since my death. I owe a debt of gratitude to Lady Sylvannas to showing me what happened to the world I once knew since I was away. I trained with the Forsaken for many seasons until I found myself worthy enough to go and investigate my old town for myself. Once there I visited my old church, where I lived so many years ago. I couldn't find any remnants of my past other than a vision that I received upon looking at the table where I once sat. I had a vision that right before my death. The book slammed shut and started shooting sparks of the blackest fire I had seen. The entire book then caught ablaze in an instant and melted into ash. The ash swirled into a vortex that went into my face completely blinding both my eyes. The ash itself burning my eyes out of my head then disintegrating out of existence. I knew then I would never find any truth to the author of the book or how the church acquired it. I recalled the mark of the Gilneas. Those damned Worgen was to blame for this curse! I have now made it my life long mission to obliterate every Worgen dog that I encounter.

Many seasons pass as my hatred grew. With my hatred my power increased tenfold. The Ravens seemed to fuel my power. I channeled them and I was them. I am the Raven. I owe my second life to the Raven. But I also hate the Raven for what I am. I spiraled out of control for years under the guise of anger forever in torment under the watchful eye of the Raven.

With no end in sight to this madness I was about to give up the fight until I met the Grim. The Grim have been instructing me to focus my anger away and attune my power so it be easier to control. Through many struggles I had finally took the fear out of my heart for those damned Raven. They are my tools to destruction and mine to control.

Part 2

I have always wanted to balance my magic. I should be able to control my naturally gifted Divine Prayers alongside the curse of the Shadow. Through my recommendations of my Grim superiors I sought out restitution. I found this balance with the Pandarian folk. They have showed me that I can balance out both Shadow and Discipline Prayers through hard work and determination. I am now able to switch the prayers with ease now. I have also found that the Ravens don't torment me while I channel the Discipline faith. My prayers will never be fully blessed because of my curse but I am able to slowly grow in understanding of the Discipline ways. I know now that the one true way to break this curse will be of sacrifice. It is something that I must do. I now only wait until I am strong enough to do so.

Lifting the veil of the Curse by calling it by name, has weakened the power it has over my mind. With the Curse no longer tormenting me, my power within Both Discipline and Shadow grow immensly. My focus now on the the Grim completely, I was instructed through my trials to fight at the battlefield in Gilneas itself, where I was victorious. This step was crucial to not only declaring my allegiance to the Grim but one step closer to conquering the curse.

My next trial was to learn from a few Grim who also shared afflictions that bind them to the past. I learned through strength within the Mandate, the curse would be destroyed. The monumental point in my life, and to this day, was when I met someone from Infection. This warrior was apart of the royal bodyguard of Sylvanas. I learned to finally let go of my past and embrace the Shadow. Embrace the Forsaken. Renounce the Worgen and declare my loyalty completely to the Dark Lady and The Grim.

My third and final trial, was extremely grueling and took a toll on me. After much contemplation I realized that the Mandate had chosen me to be a living vessel to its Will. This body, purified from the curse, now fully clinging to the Mandate itself as it now controls my every action from this point on. (( I have a greater description of each trial can be found here https://thegrim.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11296 ))